Will I Lose Any weight? Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Just keep with the program and it works. I promise it works. Take some measurements too. Some weeks when you're not losing weight I bet the tape measurements are different then.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    one Thing I need I help with I am noticing Some side effects and It was a scare to me , sometimes I feel real light headed, dizzy and like i am going to faint, or passout.

I am afraid if I go up on my calories intake I will not lose any weight, but I dont want anything to go wrong with me. I would love some help from you all if you have had this happen before.

chris

Hi Chris... firstly you are doing an awesome job! However, please be patient. It takes time to loose weight but in the end it will definately be worth it! HOWEVER... these "side effects" are not good and could make you stop your journey. I used to feel light headed and dizzy to the point that sometimes I didn't know if I would be able to walk the 15min home from work. When this happens, stop, eat and drink water. Doesn't have to be something big, maybe a banana and glass of water? :) Since joining MFP I have cut my calories down, but I have also increased my calories because I used to eat very little on some days (the days I didn't like my body usually), and then other days I would overeat. As a result, I GAINED weight! Now I am eating roughly the same amount of calories everyday and I am loosing weight! :D Don't cut too much out that your body feels like it can't make it through the day! Remember, if your body is healthy then you can work out and go for those walks :) But if you feel light headed, you won't have the energy. Try eating smaller meals? or 3 meals and snacks? I usually eat a few times a day :)

I'm sending you a friend request
  • SonicGrrrl
    Options
    Hi Chris! One thing I always keep in mind is that even though my scale might say I weigh a certain amount, it may not reflect my overall progress. Muscle weighs more than fat, so by exercising and building muscle, while you aren't necessarily gaining weight, it might look as though you aren't loosing as much as you'd like, and that can be discouraging. Keeping sight of the big picture that you are improving your overall health has been helpful for me, at least.

As for foods, I've found that a smoothie done right can really keep hunger pangs at bay. I make one with blueberries, strawberries, spinach (I know, sounds gross, but I honestly don't even taste it!), lemon juice, a banana, and a little bit of almond milk and yogurt, and it tastes awesome! Also, veggies like carrots and cauliflower seem to really fill me up, and you can practically eat as much of those as you like!

Good luck and hang in there!!!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Chris! Welcome! Good on ya for joining and wanting to change your life.

A few tips from a former 320-pounder with Type 2 Diabetes...

1. Do not drastically cut your calories! It will work for a time but you will hit a wall and stop losing.
    2. Get a body composition meter. Omron makes a great handheld one (amazon.com). This will ensure what type of weight you are losing. Water vs. lean muscle vs. fat.
    3. Calculate your BMR and TDEE numbers. This is essential to staying out of famine mode and keeping your metabolism going.
    4. Eat as clean as possible. Eat things as close to their natural state as possible. Grilled meats, fruits, veggies and whole grains.
    5. Avoid restaurants and fast food for a while until you get the hang of your new eating habits. They are nothing but sodium and sugar factories and have nothing but temptations.
    6. Find a structured fitness plan and follow it. It makes it easier and more effective than randomly doing weight machines.
    7. Take it day by day and be patient. Results will come.

I personally have lost 50 pounds, 30 in just the last 9 weeks. I made the mistake of dropping to 1500 calories for 6 weeks when my BMR is 2100 and my TDEE is 3300. I shut down my metabolism completely and I stopped losing weight. I'm back up to 2300 calories/day and my metabolism is slowly responding and the weight is starting to drop again.

Here are some resources for you:

All about calculating your BMR/TDEE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

A great calculator once you know your body fat %: http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

A calorie burned calculator for lifting/exercising: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm

Great FREE fitness 12 week fitness trainer programs: http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/

Rock on man.

Feel free to add me for support.
  • nowornever231073
    Options
    Hi - i know Im new to the site but it sounds like you are doing everything right, you should see the pounds falling away. Good luck and keep going