Six ways to see the Hobbit..which do u choose?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    1. 3D give me migrain. And I get motion sick at some movies (Troll Hunter anyone) so I'm not going to risk it.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wait till it comes out on video....

I only go to see action in a theatre....because I don't need the dialogue to understand what's happening in those movies.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Standard 3D.

We got tickets to a really nice theater here that serves dinner in the theater and is 21 and up only with huge squishy seats and tons of legroom. We are going at 6pm! :)
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Not seeing it at all. Boring.
  • kureiko
    kureiko Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Saw it last night in standard, don't see the point in paying more. It was amazing, I want to see it again. :)
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am planning on buying the three movies on DVD when they come out in about two years. Last one is summer of 2014, so Christmas 2014 should be the trilogy pack. Blu-Ray, and still cheaper than tickets for my family x3.

I can wait....
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Unsure...

The thing is I'm not keen on 3D, artistically or as an ordinary viewer. I think it pushes the director into composing scenes for 3D rather then for their aesthetics or the requirements of the scene. As a ordinary viewer, my parents went to go see Prometheus and paid for the 3D version (unsure about other countries, but in the UK tends to be more expensive) and the only 3D bit was the titles.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Not seeing it at all. Boring.

I'm so pleased you felt the need to voice your disinterest it adds SO much to the conversation. I have no idea what HFR is, I'll probs be going IMAX regular unless HFR is explained. And anyone talking at any volume other than an occasional 'hold my popcorn im going for a p*ss' is just being rude, inconsiderate and tw*ttish. No matter how well versed they are.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Saw it last night at midnight in regular, with annotations from my bf the Tolkien scholar, letting me know what every reference was, and letting me know who was really boss at speaking Quenya and/or Sindarin (Cate Blanchet), who wasn't so much (everyone else) and how cool it was that they managed to eke out enough Orkish from the collected works to make full sentences. Oddly enough, it was not as obnoxious as it sounds.

It was probably obnoxious to the other viewers who had to hear him blab through the movie.

Nope. Everyone was talking through the whole thing, and unlike the rest of them, he knows how to whisper.

EXACTLY the reason I didn't go last night. I don't need to hear annotations from wannabe scholars. Even whispers. And like you said, everyone was talking through the whole thing. All these people trying to make their geeky comments just to show they are the biggest fans there...newsflash: everyone there is a Tolkien geek and no one else cares.

No, "Tolkien Scholar" as in, literature degree specifically focusing on the works of Tolkien, speaks and writes many of Tolkien's languages, and is equally put off by people running their mouths, so he talks quietly enough that the only person who is interested is the only person who can hear him. But thanks assuming he's a rude prick. That's endearing. <3

If he was whispering during a premiere, he's a rude prick. Save the annotations for when you two are together at home. Not when you have other people 2 feet away that have been waiting 10 years to watch this film.

Woah, calm down, dude.

1) You're throwing a fit at a stranger on the internet
    2) You weren't there. Since you seem so interested - NO we were not 2 feet away from other people. We live in a smaller town and there was NO ONE in our row OR the one in front OR the one behind us.
    3) If you can't handle background noise, I suggest not going out in public.
    4) See above post - If you weren't there, unbunch your panties.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    DVD
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    Cheap night at the local movie theater or on DVD.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Just saw it standard matinee, in an nearly empty theater. Wonderful. :heart:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Just saw it standard matinee, in an nearly empty theater. Wonderful. :heart:
    wow that's cool!

i'm doubly looking forward to seeing it because it's going to coincide with a planned gummi bear binge. :laugh:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    HFR 3D was great for the midnight premeire. I'm going two more times this Saturday and probably just doing 2D. I highly recommend it. Great movie!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Midnight showing was sold out on all three screens and all three options at my theater, so went to the 11:20am IMAX 3D showing today. Theater was maybe 1/3 full and I got some sweet posters for being one of the first there :D

(and no one said a word the entire movie :love: )

SAM_1392_zps75e91e5e.jpg