Chalean Extreme 90 day challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• Chickabittie
    Options
    Hey Girl!

Sounds like a great plan. I know what you meant about Turbo Jam. It exhausts me also, and I never feel great after. It is VERY hard to keep my heat in the fat burning zones, it gets in the high 150's or 162 tops even with modifications. I'm in the 3rd week of Burn. I like it, but some days I have to force myself to work out. I'm trying to do her cardio days, as well. I am also trying to walk my puppy for 1/2 an hour a day. He doesn't walk, he RUNS! I might need to eat more, I keep gaining, but I am having hormone issues right now. Hard to figure it all out.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    For the last week due to technical problems I have not been able to view the actual CLX video's. I've benn doing make do with YouTube video's of people filming themselves while doing the burn circuits. It really helps to have at least someone showing you how to do a particular excercise. Hope my hubby gets everything fixed soon though. Really don't like improvising my workouts like this.

On a positive note: I've steadily been upping the weights and am currently using between 4 and 8.5 kg dumbbels. Also, the girl who gives the bi-weekly chair massages at work told me last Monday that she can definatelly tell I've been working the weights!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    For the last week due to technical problems I have not been able to view the actual CLX video's. I've benn doing make do with YouTube video's of people filming themselves while doing the burn circuits. It really helps to have at least someone showing you how to do a particular excercise. Hope my hubby gets everything fixed soon though. Really don't like improvising my workouts like this.

On a positive note: I've steadily been upping the weights and am currently using between 4 and 8.5 kg dumbbels. Also, the girl who gives the bi-weekly chair massages at work told me last Monday that she can definatelly tell I've been working the weights!

Wow, really clever of you to figure it out, and I admire your dedication! I'm upping the weights too. Nice to get some confirmation from the chair masseuse!
  • brandnewself
    brandnewself Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I was wondering how you add the Chalean Extreme exercise to your diary.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    I add it under cardio, because my heart rate gets up there in the cardio range. But that's just me. : /
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I hope everything gets sorted soon! And that's awesome that you've been upping the weights and that someone has noticed a change!! :flowerforyou:
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Hi there, I was wondering how you add the Chalean Extreme exercise to your diary.

I also add mine under cardio, i wear a HRM while lifting and my heart rate is usually 140-165. It may not be super accurate but I eat 1600-1700 cals a day and don't eat back my exercise calories , so even if it over estimates i figure it's not doing much harm. :)
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I ordered Chalean a few days ago - hope it comes tomorrow!

What will I need weights wise? I have tons of free weights. Do I need a bar and weights too?
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've just finished up my first 30 days with CLX and just LOVE it!! I also have TurboFire. Once in a blue moon I'll throw in a Fire 30 class on CLX non-cardio days. Just ordered Turbo Jam (off of eBay) I think I might need to dial back on the TurboFire-I'm a little uncoordinated. Will start the full TurboFire program after finishing CLX.
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I ordered Chalean a few days ago - hope it comes tomorrow!

What will I need weights wise? I have tons of free weights. Do I need a bar and weights too?

you don't need any type of barbell. Just dumbbells :)

Depending on your experience with lifting your needs for the weights may vary.

For me I use 8, 10, 15 and 20 :smile:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    A short update: the technical problems are over but a rather extreme RS virus has hit my family. It was my turn this week so I didn't get much done in the workout department. I was intending to start Push this Thursday, well that didn't happen.
    I'll just use this week to get better and get moving again, the another week of Burn to get in the lifting groove again before starting Push.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Did push circuit 2 for the first time today, and I was still sore from circuit 1 earlier this week. How are you al doing?