Dads: If your daughter wanted a toy truck?

Options

Replies

• Kendrazombie
    Kendrazombie Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dad but our daughter loves trucks. My husband wants to buy her a truck and trailer set that comes with some barn animals.

Oh and I collect action figures. I have tons of them and she always plays with them. :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I really hate the gender specifics of certain toys. Girls can like trucks and boys can like dolls. Who cares!
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My two year old daughter is getting a monster truck for Christmas :) She loves them so why crush anything that they love. If my son wanted a doll I would get him one in a heart beat!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm in a time warp that this question even needed to be asked...
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Oh, I don't know. You might end up raising her to think for herself. To be able to determine her own interests and abilities. She might end up thinking that she is capable of doing anything she sets her mind to do. She might even pursue higher education, which I understand is a turn off to some men around here (not you). She might end up being the kind of woman who sets goals and acheives them as she hasn't been trained to listen to gender-related BS about "keep sweet" (which means, shut up I disagree with you and what are you doing thinking anyway). She might not put up with a man who wants to control her relationships and activities. She might be level-headed with a health sense of herself if you don't spend her whole childhood saying "now dear, you don't want that, that's for boys, here have an apron and pretend house cleaning tools".

That's some dangerous stuff, SS.

LOVE this!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yup and I did. Today she loves motorcycling and ATVing and camping and all the great fun stuff.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Get her simply the best toy truck you can find x
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    not a dad, but as a mom of two girls (ages 3 and 10), I buy them toys that are for boys if they ask. My 3 year old wanted a Transformer bc she wanted " a bobot" , so she got a Transformer for Christmas last year. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old requested a remote controlled Monster Truck for Christmas. She's going to be one excited little girl on Christmas morning!! My husband doesn't have an issue with it. My son also plays with his sisters Barbies and Monster High dolls...we're not worried about him either!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I would, because then maybe my son would play with it instead of all the damn dolls I keep buying him.

:laugh: ^ too funny!

Not a dad, but why the heck not?
  • Kairunz
    Options
    Yes let kids express themselves how they want to. Boys with dolls or girls with trucks:) It's all good for development.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    boygirls2_zps9565a65d.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I grew up with Tonka trucks, GI Joes and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The only person who ever even considered buying me Barbies was my grandmother, and the 3 she got me were not treated kindly (and put out of their misery by being shoved in the Barbie Corvette and pushed down the stairs).

I was never a girly-girl- always a tomboy. Nothing wrong with that.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I thought it appropriate to add here, that when I was around 8 years old and my parents divorced I went to live with my aunt and cousins (both boys) I enjoyed playing with the same toys as them (OMG I loved Knex!!) I even had hand me downs from them. I was never a girly girl to begin with, and I'm still not.

Surprise surprise, I still turned out to be straight!

I really do hate the gender placed on so many things that to me, are just regular objects. You either like them or you don't. While I don't actually wear watches, I have a thing for a lot of men's watches, I think they're usually a lot nicer IMO. If I was to wear a watch it'd probably be a mans one (if it fit me that is!) I've pointed out ones I liked before and had people say that's a man's one though. Wtf? The only difference it makes to me is the sizing. Buy what you like best!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I LOVE this!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sure. Why not?

You can't seriously believe buying your daughter a toy truck is going to sway her sexual orientation one way or the other, can you? Because that's pretty ridiculous.

I have two daughters and have purchased both of them toy trucks in the past. Both appear to still be heading down the heterosexual path if that helps ease your mind.

My goodness.

I agree with you. For the record, this thread was created in response to a similar thread asking if dads would buy a doll for their son. Please do not infer my position because I made this thread.

Yes, and isn't it amazing. Not one person has seriously (and I emphasize the seriously part..lol) said No. Especially not, hell NO. And ESPECIALLY not No followed with some "mention" that they read a study somewhere that boys with dolls linked with homosexuality.

If you are wondering, find the thread about "If your son wanted a doll...."
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820641-dads-if-you-re-son-wants-a-baby-doll
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Didn't read any of the replies, because my reply is the right one.

I am female, and I loooooooooved playing with trucks, army guys, guns etcetera when I was a kid. I liked my dolls, too, don't get me wrong.

I'm an only chilld with a single mom, too, so I probably needed a bit more testosterone in my life.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids yet, but if that's what she wanted (i.e. pointed it out in the store) then yes.. why not? Anything to make her happy.

My and my sister are a year apart and we played together and shared toys. I think we had plenty of joint GI Joe/Barbie adventures. Nothing wrong with it.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You're asking a girl who in the 2nd grade, asked for Hercules, NOT Megara Velcro sneakers and got them 8)

I'm also obsessed with skiing, TMNT, Power Rangers, Star Wars and Hot Wheels
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options

This. Cars for boys or girls. Dolls for girls or boys. Whatever the kid likes (so long as it's age appropriate, of course), I don't think it's a big deal :)