Favorite City

Options
LMT2012
LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
Tell us the favorite city you've ever visited or lived in and why you love it.

Aside from my beloved Chicago, I loved Portland the best. Why? Ever seen Portlandia?? It's exaggerated, of course, but it really is a hippy, artsy, coffee house cool place...with great food and culture. Also, I am a fan of rainy days.
PS. Friend me if you like.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    there are two places in the world.

new york city, and everywhere else.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    lol while it is one of the finest places on earth, it's hardly the ONLY good one. New Yorkers often have this type of arrogance. Cracks me up.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    lol while it is one of the finest places on earth, it's hardly the ONLY good one. New Yorkers often have this type of arrogance. Cracks me up.

it's not arrogance if it's true.
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    I love Chicago and Charlotte. Chicago just has a great vibe, great food, and the architecture is nice. Charlotte is super-clean, friendly, and also has a great vibe.
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    New Orleans and San Sebastian Spain
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    From what I've visited...NYC, San Antonio, Denver...NYC #1 hands down..so much to do at any time of the day.
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I agree
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Paris or Rome....Barcelona is also lovely.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Seattle....so beautiful. I'll live there someday.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    i loved seattle...well washington state.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    stockholm is the most amazing place i've been

either there or brussels

manchester (england) isnt bad either :blushing:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
  • BadAzzBea
    Options

it's not arrogance if it's true.

its fkn true
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I love cities. I am an Urban Planner and Urban Designer. I live in Seattle because it is where I fell in love with cities. I love the hills and water. I like the concentrated downtown. I love the green trees and the nice neighborhoods and unique districts. However there are other great cities out there. Vancouver BC is beautiful and exciting as of course is San Franciso. Boston is a favorite and I love NYC. I have been to some European cities and loved them but didn't spend enough time to feel like I knew them. I lived in Houston and it was depressing for me I felt like there wasn't any environment. I like Austen and San Antonio though. There are some great areas in Houston but when I look out my window now in Seattle I can feel the developed city within its natural environment. In Houston where I lived it was just all developed environment. If you had lots of money great you could live on a lushly landscaped lot with a pool etc. but in Seattle there are the evergreen trees, the hills, the water the environment is lived within not bulldozed over. I love that. I love the juxtaposition of Pike Place Market and the view of Elliot Bay. I love the Ferries crossing the sound. I love walking/running around Greenlake, not to mention all the other parks. I like that if I want to I can choose anyone of a number of neighborhood shopping districts to go to too that are each unique. The traffic is terrible and we are behind with public transportation although our buses have always been pretty good. But lately I think that has gone backwards in some ways.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Tell us the favorite city you've ever visited or lived in and why you love it.

Aside from my beloved Chicago, I loved Portland the best. Why? Ever seen Portlandia?? It's exaggerated, of course, but it really is a hippy, artsy, coffee house cool place...with great food and culture. Also, I am a fan of rainy days.
    PS. Friend me if you like.
    Which Portland ?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    NYC is definitely by far the best US city. i havent spent enough time in a single international city long enough to compare it against fairly.
  • Carolhn11
    Options
    Chicago and Philladelphia =):wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Seattle. For the culture, the food, the music, and everything KeriA said. Now if we could somehow control the lack of sunshine....
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    stockholm is the most amazing place i've been

either there or brussels

manchester (england) isnt bad either :blushing:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! :sad:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    pdx or. but, the things i love about it, are becoming the things i detest. time for a change, soon!