Biggest Factor in your Weight Loss Journey.... GO!

Options

Replies

• amrozes
    Options
    For me #1 is logging everything that goes in my mouth ... and preplanning meals BEFORE I go to a restaurant so that I'm not eating more than my daily allowance.... Exercise is definitely #2.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Asperger Syndrome.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Three things... Planning, eating clean (less processed and cooking at home), and sweating 5-6 days a week!!

Exactly this - & for me sweating while wearing a HRM has been a big help
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Support & accountability from friends with the same goals!
  • JUP1T3R
    Options
    There are many huge factors that played a part in my weight loss journey and that keep me going everyday to work harder and to continue on my goals. To start off i guess I would have to say the biggest and most motivating factor was me being unhappy with how I looked and felt all the time. I had two knee reconstructive surgeries and i never really got back into it after they happened so for 3 years I only committed about half way and ended up gaining close to 50lbs. A couple months ago I lost 2 very good friends who were amazing people and were inspirations to many people. So I sat on that for a few days and then I put my running shoes on and just started running before I knew it I ran 5 miles and i felt like a brand new person.

I track everything I eat and I run 4-5 miles daily and soon I will incorporate lifting back into my routine along with swimming. My two friends are what motivate me the most, because now I have to do enough living for the 3 of us.

If I can give anyone a few keys to success when it comes to a weight loss journey they are one; be honest in your eating habits and your exercises, two; find something that motivates you to better yourself, and three; no matter how slow or long it takes to see the results or feel the results do not give up, never give up on yourself. I promise if you push past all of the pain, doubt and other obstacles you will discover the real you.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    1. being able to eat whatever i want,because i'm a picky eater.
    2. logging.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Logging is key! Thinking "oh, this cookie can't be that bad so I'll have 3" then finding out they're 200 calories each... It definitely makes you think what you'll be logging. I check first lots of times before I eat something.

Biggest motivating factor.... getting my blood sugar back down to normal. I do NOT want to take medication for my type II Diabetes which I'd managed to avoid through diet and exercise, then it all just sort of got away from me. Logging what I eat got me right back on track and it's sustainable!
  • flajocar
    Options
    Overcoming the desire to not workout when the pain from sore underused muscles first kicked in. After that Portion control and consistent logging!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    1. Consistency and being active on MFP
    2. Recording 100% of your diary every single day, without MFP I could not able to achieve that.
    3. If you can add exercise, that is icing on the cake.
    4. Encouragement and support from MFP friends.

I am at the half way mark of my journey, hope to continue during 2013 as well.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Getting off of all sugar, white flour, and processed foods! I have lost 168 pounds since August of 2011, and had been obese for as far back as I can remember. Getting rid of the sugar and processed stuff (cold turkey, by the way!) was absolutely the key for me! Other things (like vegtables) started tasting better, cravings to eat constantly got under control (it still takes a little self-discipline, but it isn't the huge problem it used to be!).

After that, logging the daily calories has been a big help. It is amazing how quickly they can add up! If I moniter it during the day, I can make different choices when they start adding up.
  • Whimzeee
    Whimzeee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saving for motivation!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Accountability.

I was thinking this when I read the TOPIC.

And HONESTY. With yourself.
  • ckleczka
    ckleczka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hand's down logging all of my food every day and working out every single day, no excuses!
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    Logging Calories, Exercise and Support from good friends.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Logging my food, my health, feeling much better and life in general is easier, my daughter and her seeing me make better choices it has opened up a good healthy dialog between her and I about healthy nutrition and good choice making, she sees me losing and still enjoying my food and having treats so hopefully she will be less likely to try unhealthy diets when she is older.

Super friends and family who are über supportive, my hubby's total support!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Making it THE priority- over socializing, over work stress, over housecleaning ( but never over sleep ) I have limited time and I had to choose logging and working out over other temptations. I had to walk away from my family for an hour each night to workout. Do I do the dishes or track my food? And so on. Choices.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Logging my calorie intake, staying within my limit, getting 5 to 6 servings of day of fruits and veggies, and lean proteins.

Cutting out sugar soda and sugared juice completely.

The exercise is just a bonus.

95% of my weight loss is due to a better diet.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    logging
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Ah fear
    A blessing and a curse when it comes to motivation