governor chris christie's weight

Options
2»

Replies

• swfloridagal
    Options
    I think he most likely is a food addict. I am too and until I hit my bottom, I wasn't ready or willing to make the changes necessary to achieve weight loss.

I've read that the biggest motivator for weight loss is a health issue. That is what motivated me to lose the weight and join MFP and a diabetes prevention program thru the YMCA.

He has to hit his bottom before he begins to make the changes.... just like the rest of us food addicts.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I think that none of us are in Christie's head or heart and we shouldn't judge. He's got a high stress job, and people have been known to eat more while stressed. Gluttony is a sin - so let him who hasn't sinned cast the first stone.
  • fallenoaks
    Options
    It just isn't a priority for him right now.I have no doubt that he will get it together within the next year or two. He's too unhealthy in his current state to win the Presidency, and he knows that and will change it when necessary.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I think that none of us are in Christie's head or heart and we shouldn't judge. He's got a high stress job, and people have been known to eat more while stressed. Gluttony is a sin - so let him who hasn't sinned cast the first stone.
    Yep, pretty much this.
    Mama always taught me a prayer: "Great Spirit, grant that I may not criticize my neighbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasins." c: Same goes for the saying about assumptions.

Thyroid issues have been mentioned, but stress can be a factor too, as can many medications, candida overgrowth and some nutritional deficiencies. Stress, candida and nutritional deficiencies can all cause overeating, or the urge to eat constantly, and stress can also inhibit your metabolism via high cortisal, which can also lower testosterone levels, leading to lowered muscle density and therefore a lowered metabolism as muscle burns more calories than fat. It can also be blamed for the over eating that stress induces.

PCOS can also be a cause of weight gain, and an inability to lose weight, in women, which can happen when the ovaries begin to produce too many male hormones.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your insight. I'm not judging the man or his politics or anything like that, I was just curious what you all thought about his statement. Good for you for having opinions =)
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Politicians who need to weight often lie about trying to lose weight because it looks bad for them to be rampantly overweight and not trying to lose it. He'll be overweight because of too many good dinners for work purposes and junky food grabbed on the run when he's busy.

There are ways to fit in exercise and good diet around a busy political schedule but you have to really want to do so.

Wait, politicians lie?
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think it's either health issues he hasn't looked into or denial. Often people aren't aware to how much they're eating and don't believe or notice that they have bad habits. Many people think that their eating habits are just normal when in fact it's just not the case. We're all in denial about something, I'm sure.