Favorite City

Options

Replies

• threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Best city i've ever visited was Las Vegas. Not a huge gambler or anything, but it was so energetic and alive! Compared to the boringness of my everyday life, it was a good time.

Probably couldnt live there, but definitely fun to visit.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Three of my favourite cities are in South Africa - Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth...all seaside places...as well as Truro, Cornwall, UK.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well from my limited experience Vienna is lovely. Coulda spent a month there instead of 6 days. For US Chicago rocks. Been to NYC many times, don't like it. Seattle was nice but only been there a couple weekends. Lived in Boston for 25 years, screw that give me Chicago, better food, better people, lot more fun. Still want to go to New Orleans :P
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Tell us the favorite city you've ever visited or lived in and why you love it.

Aside from my beloved Chicago, I loved Portland the best. Why? Ever seen Portlandia?? It's exaggerated, of course, but it really is a hippy, artsy, coffee house cool place...with great food and culture. Also, I am a fan of rainy days.
    PS. Friend me if you like.
    Which Portland ?
    Portland, Oregon
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I adore Charlotte, NC. I'm from Ct originally, moved south, and adore Charlotte. Maybe it's because it's full of Yanks like me, but it's a great city. Beautiful, awesome people, tons of things to do, historic, and I just love it!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Definitely Cape Town.
  • SoDakRunner
    Options
    NYC because I love to eat and drink by way around the city and cuz my sisters live there....
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Chardon, Ohio! It is an absolutely adorable town, that feels quite home-y. Luckily, it's my husbands hometown, so we get to visit often (we live in San Antonio).
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options

And to xprettyreckle.....Never been to Graz, but from pictures I've seen (one of my good friends is from Vienna, but travels throughout the country for work) it looks beautiful. Heck, the entire country looks beautiful!

Aw, you've heard of Graz?! That's amazing - usually nobody even knows it exists.
    But yeah, Austria is beautiful! :) I miss it a lot right now!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Seattle, Washington (Sea, mountains & coffee) & Dublin, Ireland (my home town).
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Indianapolis! I LOVE the city so much! The people are nice; the shopping is awesome. I love the atmosphere and how the city feels alive. It's art-lover friendly. The surrounding area is great, and I do love the college campuses. Although I live 30-45 minutes from Chicago, I would rather spend 2-3 hours on the road to get to my favorite city for a fun, lively weekend. :)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    New Orleans. It's one of the oldest cities in the US but it's constantly renewing itself. So many different cultures come together: Cajun, Creole, French, southern American, etc. It's dark, artsy, mysterious. Coffeehouses on every corner. A vampire store next to a cathedral. I just love the richness, the contrast, the irony.

On the other hand, been to Las Vegas, and meh. :yawn:
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Boston pride all the way! We got everything here. Boston is close to the beach, to the mountains where you can ski, even close to the country if you like farms & ****. It's got the best bars. Fantastic food. Great night life. And some of the best colleges in the country. Plus 4 sports teams and 7 championships in the last 10 years is pretty fantastic as well. And there's a loyaility to our city and sports team that's unparalleled to many other cities. Also Boston is full of history and so many different types of neighborhoods (south end, north end, backbay, dot, JP) now if only the damn T didn't close at 1 AM while and the bars at 2...
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    New York City <3. Moving there this time next year :D
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No love for London? Well I'll step up! Adore it. Everything in central is in walking distance and that, or atop a routemaster, is the best way to see it. Still stumbling across hidden gems of architecture that are sufficient to stop me in my tracks. And the approach of turning ruined churches into gardens creates some of the most tranquil pockets of greenery, a stone's throw from main roads.

Hyde Park is rubbish though, I'll give you that.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    paris and nyc is a very close second. thinking of moving back to NYC because i miss it, it's just the winter weather i hate
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    snap city
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised there isn't more love for San Francisco!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Berlin - it's different every time you go, so much to do and so much history. I never get bored of going there.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options

And to xprettyreckle.....Never been to Graz, but from pictures I've seen (one of my good friends is from Vienna, but travels throughout the country for work) it looks beautiful. Heck, the entire country looks beautiful!

Aw, you've heard of Graz?! That's amazing - usually nobody even knows it exists.
    But yeah, Austria is beautiful! :) I miss it a lot right now!

I've been to Graz, admittedly I was only passing through on my way to Romania. Would have liked to spend more time there - it looked like a great place.