85 Pounds Lost - Before and After with Pictures

Options
baker150
baker150 Posts: 112 Member
I am not quite done with losing weight, but seeing as I only have 15 pounds to go I thought why not post some pics and my story and maybe inspire someone like all of your before and after stories have inspired me!

So I started this weight loss journey back in June 2012. I had just come from my grandparents house, and decided I had had enough of all of the fat jokes, so I thought "this week I'm going to eat only smoothies and hopefully lose a couple pounds". Well, I did just that. I had a smoothie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for seven days straight. It was brutal, as obviously I wasn't eating enough. But on the eighth day I weighed myself, and saw that I lost 5 pounds.

I then thought, well let's see if I can make it 10. That is when I joined MFP, and the calorie counting began. I replaced my dinner smoothie with chicken and broccoli, and added in snacks of apples and almonds in between. At that point I was already feeling so much better about myself.

The next week is when I decided to add exercise into the mix. I have a tread mil, so I started walking 30 minutes every single night. My friend then suggested I try going for a run with her. I laughed at the idea, because at the time I got out of breath just from walking too fast. Anyways, we went out for a run one day, I could only do two minutes and then had to walk the rest of the way. But I didn't die, so I told her I'd try again next time. Well now 6 months later, I can out run my friend. I can go 30 minutes straight outside without stopping. (About 3 kilometers). I run about 4 nights a week, as well as lifting my 10 pound weights and doing yoga style work outs.

When I started in June, I weighed in at 245 pounds, wore a size 18 pants, and XXL shirt. I now weigh 160 pounds, wear a size 8 pants, and a S-M shirt, depending on the brand. I've even gone down a shoe size! I am 5"6.

I feel so much healthier and happier now. I am so thankful for all of the support from my friends and family in real life and here on MFP.

I still deal with negative self image issues, as I believe most people do when they lose a large amount of weight. Some days are great, but other days I still see the "fat slob" in the mirror. I am confident that feeling will go away with time, and more work.

Anyways, here are some of my before pictures. They're all at 245, maybe even heavier?
BCTRIP709_zps1fbad070.jpg
BCTRIP164_zps3095bcc2.jpg
DSCF0660_zps4d833f52.jpg

And here is me today... :)
160_zpsdcb8e773.png

Thanks for reading, and feel free to add me for support! :)

13140333.png

Replies

• nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    great job! you look fantastic!
  • MasterKat
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    you look incredible, great job and congratulations!
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great Story! Your hard work and determination have paid off; you look absolutely fantastic!!!:flowerforyou:
  • leelaa
    leelaa Posts: 33
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new you, you look great. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks also for sharing the story and how you did it - bet you feel amazing knowing you can run so well now! Good on you, I know what you mean about body image - I tend to get up and think where did those skinny legs come from :laugh: Oh they're mine!!
  • darloeye
    Options
    WOW Well Done !
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness look at you! you look fabulous!! awesome work :D
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic! Great job!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!
  • ladi_luk
    Options
    Well done! You look amazing. You had a pretty face before, but now you look even better! x
  • BrittanyynattirB
    Options
    wow congrats amazing wight loss!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You did a fabulous job! Kudos!
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a fantastic job. You must be so proud! Another super inspirational story :)
  • Drewillbeback111
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You're definitely an inspiration!! A size 8! That's incredible!
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    WOW !! you lost 85 pounds in 6 months ? that is fantasic :flowerforyou: You give me hope, Thank you
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look great :)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful young lady in all the pictures, but you look very healthy and shapely now! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!