Anyone else nervous about flying on 12 21 12?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No one is going to do anything crazy like that on 12/21/12.

However, being in the air is probably for the best, for when earth momentarily liquifies to swallow the ankles of the non-believers, you'll be coasting snug and secure in your Boeing 737 airliner.

From the lap of luxury you'll be able to look down at the twisted landscape and! if you're lucky? even faintly hear the screams and cries of the final dying gasp of humanity far below.

Enjoy complimentary in-flight beverages from a crew that knows there's no where to spend the money they would otherwise accept from you! Watch your final bit of televised entertainment as the in-flight screens give you an episode or two of Friends.

I think you'll have a blast! Don't sweat it!!

This.

But if I'm on the second floor of my house and the earth only liquifies enough to swallow ankles, then I should be OK, right?

Yes. Know that the alien overlords are ruthless as they are determined but scared of stairs and lifts.

Awesome. I will make sure to spend my day on the second floor, then.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks MFPeeps. I actually feel a little better. I will still probably have to have a few drinks that night to not annoy my husband with my paranoia but to everyone that called me silly THANK YOU. Just what I needed.

When flying over a land mass that's largely dark (countryside), suddenly scream, "OH MY GOD! I JUST SAW THE LIGHTS OF A CITY BELOW US SUDDENLY GO OUT. THE APOCALYPSE HAS BEGUN!!"

I promise to visit you in prison.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I keep forgetting about the whole "end of the world" thing.....

I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, what time is the world supposedly going to end anyways? Maybe it's not scheduled to end till you land. hahaha Or maybe the world will end before your flight, and then you don't have to worry about crazies at the airport. :wink:

Eh... Just keep an eye out for crazies, but other than that, go about your normal business.

I'm also doing a 3 hour road trip on the 21st. AND it's my sister's birthday on the 21st. hahaha
  • darrensurrey
    Options

However, being in the air is probably for the best, for when earth momentarily liquifies to swallow the ankles of the non-believers, you'll be coasting snug and secure in your Boeing 737 airliner.

From the lap of luxury you'll be able to look down at the twisted landscape and! if you're lucky? even faintly hear the screams and cries of the final dying gasp of humanity far below.

Enjoy complimentary in-flight beverages from a crew that knows there's no where to spend the money they would otherwise accept from you! Watch your final bit of televised entertainment as the in-flight screens give you an episode or two of Friends.

This.

But if I'm on the second floor of my house and the earth only liquifies enough to swallow ankles, then I should be OK, right?

Yes. Know that the alien overlords are ruthless as they are determined but scared of stairs and lifts.

Awesome. I will make sure to spend my day on the second floor, then.

Video the devastation from above, post on YouTube.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm flying on the 21st, in a corporate 9 seater plane. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy my free beer : )
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Ever see the Movie the Langoliers which was a Stephen King book?

And no I wouldn't be nervous
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No it will be fine . . . unless half the plane turns into zombies while you are in the air, then I make no assurances.

Which we all know is very possible. After watching Walking Dead :P
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I keep forgetting about the whole "end of the world" thing.....

I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, what time is the world supposedly going to end anyways? Maybe it's not scheduled to end till you land. hahaha Or maybe the world will end before your flight, and then you don't have to worry about crazies at the airport. :wink:

Eh... Just keep an eye out for crazies, but other than that, go about your normal business.

I'm also doing a 3 hour road trip on the 21st. AND it's my sister's birthday on the 21st. hahaha

Also, does it end on the 21st in Australia or the 21st in the US?

Is it on Greenwich Mean Time? Or Mexican time?
  • WillardsMommy1
    Options
    Thanks MFPeeps. I actually feel a little better. I will still probably have to have a few drinks that night to not annoy my husband with my paranoia but to everyone that called me silly THANK YOU. Just what I needed.

When flying over a land mass that's largely dark (countryside), suddenly scream, "OH MY GOD! I JUST SAW THE LIGHTS OF A CITY BELOW US SUDDENLY GO OUT. THE APOCALYPSE HAS BEGUN!!"

I promise to visit you in prison.

Haha! Or I could get REALLY drunk & scream : "There’s a colonial woman on the wing of the plane,she’s dressed in authentic colonial garb! There’s something they’re not telling us!"

If anyone gets that reference you are my new BFF.
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    actually, since the world is supposed to explode into a firey ball of lava, being in a plane would probably be safest.... at least until it runs out of fuel

You'll be fine - you'll float in space where the planet once was. The **** WILL hit the fan when supplies run low and there's one last mini packet of peanuts.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I'm always nervous when I fly. That dry air in the plane could give me a nose bleed. A NOSE BLEED! Heavens to mergatriod! That would be awful.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    what IS the 21 month then?
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If the Mayans were so smart, why didn't they see the Conquistadors coming?
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    If the Mayans were so smart, why didn't they see the Conquistadors coming?

They did... they welcomed them open arms. :happy:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Every time you walk out your door, and more than half the time you stay behind your door, you risk being vulnerable to some crazy wacko. So don't let just 122112 scare you, be a paranoid shut in every day.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    no
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

This.

DALEKS!!!!!