Are you kidding me? More food in the office?

Options
124»

Replies

• butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! My work is bringing in ALOT of goodies on Wednesday (we all have to bring something in and there is like 40 of us!) and then on Friday we are having a cake sale for the Trussel Trust. I am finding it SOOOO hard! So I really feel your pain. People say 'have will power' which is great if you can do that which 8 times out of 10 I can, but there is that time where you do fall a bit and regret eating it. I think it just takes time, it has taken me SOOOO long to say no, in time you just learn to cope. There is no easy way, just keep thinking every time you say no it's a good thing! Good luck and if you need any support then feel free to add me I feel our office work pain! x
  • bradymeans
    bradymeans Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    my job ALWAYS has food at least once a week...it's nice to be appreciated and treated but damn pizza, subs,cookies, donuts...etc....can we get a fruit bowl every now and then???? :)
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Will power! You can avoid it!!!!

I walked into the gym this morning...all the workers had brought in baked goods for the members. Nice gesture...but its a GYM...and, well, the baked items were not very low in calories. Seemed to defeat the purpose of being there personally.... :-)

Oh, geez. Most people who go to the gym understand it's okay to have a treat once in a while. They know how to balance their lives.

I think it's a nice gesture when my gym has cupcakes for their birthday or pizza during the World Series. They aren't forcing it on anyone, and since you're at the gym, it's easy to add a bit more time to your workout if you indulge. It's not like binging at home.

Besides, one cupcake or one piece of pizza is perfectly fine. I eat chocolate and pizza and still lose weight every week. I'm so tired of these Chicken Little threads. Baked goods are not the end of the world.

Um, I was just stating a fact that happened to me today to point out it isn't just a work "thing". Check my diary, it's open. I have all kinds of food that most of the health nuts on here would say I shouldn't.

Gotcha. My apologies. I thought it was a complaint like the OP's, but I see what you mean now.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I work in an office where the clients seem to think we'll starve to death. The fruit baskets, and candy are already starting. Be strong!! Know you'll cheat once in a while.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am one of THOSE horrible, awful people that bakes and makes delicous treats and brings them into work to share with my co-workers. Granted, I work with all guys and they eat it up--but still I'm "that" person. Sugar cookies, caramel covered pretzel rods, austrain chocolate balls, almond short bread raspberry thumbprints, fudge, the list goes on and on.

I have a love/hate relationship with the treats, I love to make and eat them--but they also can make you fat, and are a test of will power (for me too).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    worthlessthread.gif

office-sign-feeding.jpg