ladies, do you wear a size 5 (27) in jeans?

Options

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Size 5 (sometimes 3) and I am 130 lbs & 5'6"

ETA: When I was 154 lbs I was wearing size 7.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it has to do with whether or not you have children, too. Since having kids, juniors jeans just don't fit me right. This drove me crazy for a while until I realized that I'm a woman now and shouldn't expect to wear what I did when I was a teenager. I'm a 6 (could squeeze into a 4, but I don't like being uncomfortable! lol) I'm 5'4 and about 130. Even if I lost 15-20 lbs to get back to my highschool weight (which I wouldn't want to do), I don't think size 3/5 jeans would fit the way they used to.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly is right!!! I am 5'5" and when I was 154 I wore a tight 10 and some 12s. I am now 124 and I am in a 6 or 8. You must be a small build. I am medium build and am amazed that some people the same height and weight as me are in 2s! You lucky girls! ;)

does anyone know how to find out what size 'build' you are??

I think if I remember correctly....wrap your hand around your wrist...if your middle finger and thumb don't touch you are large build, if your middle finger and thumb touch you are medium build, and if your middle finger and thumb overlap you are small build.

Someone made a good point in saying that people are built differently as well. I gain weight pretty much all in my belly and that is always the last to go when losing weight. I also have wide ribs, which I hate!

I actually think it's your index finger, not your middle finger.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and am currently at 128 and wear a 28 in BKE, lucky, & silvers...
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sizes vary for different brands. Some stores 'small' is too big on me and some 'large' is too small. Go figure.

I wear W 28 and L 35 jeans and they have a good fit, wight currently is 145lb at 5'11" tall. I have 2 children birthed natural way, and 2 months after the 2nd child I was the smallest in size in my life ever... so the whole extra weight excuse due to children baring is just that, excuse for eating getting out of control.

I did notice that crossing age 40 I can't eat as much and loose extra off as quick as I used to, due to body changing and slowing down. I am still working on making adjustments to eating smaller portions.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 27 / size 5 (sometimes 3) in jeans, too.
    I'm 5'7'' and 122 lbs, 23 years old--no kids.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and can weigh anywhere between 125-135 and fit into my 5s.
    It's not just about the weight...inches don't always equal weight. I lift weights and that changes the inches of my body depending on my lifting plan.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sizes vary for different brands. Some stores 'small' is too big on me and some 'large' is too small. Go figure.

I wear W 28 and L 35 jeans and they have a good fit, wight currently is 145lb at 5'11" tall. I have 2 children birthed natural way, and 2 months after the 2nd child I was the smallest in size in my life ever... so the whole extra weight excuse due to children baring is just that, excuse for eating getting out of control.

I did notice that crossing age 40 I can't eat as much and loose extra off as quick as I used to, due to body changing and slowing down. I am still working on making adjustments to eating smaller portions.

Wow! You are blessed! Even my shoe size changed from a 7 to an 8! lol My pelvis definitely spread out and I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with both of my kids. Maybe b/c I'm short? Maybe because I didn't start having kids until I was older? In any case, I don't think I'm alone in having my body permanently change after childbirth despite eating healthy, breastfeeding and exercising daily.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 123 lb and wear a 3-4-5 My problem is my thighs! Size 5 fits my thighs but is too big in the waist and the 3's fit in the waist but are too tight in the thighs!

THIS^^^!!!! I'm 5'3.5 123-128 (depending on where in my TOM I am )...and can wear US Junior size 5 and very rarely a 3 or Womens sizes 2, 4, or 6 (UK sizes 26/27/28) depending on the style, cut, store. And I ALWAYS have the too big in the waist good in the thigh or vice versa dilema!!! BABY GOT BACK!!!!!
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3 and wear a size 4. i weigh 125.
  • cem9532
    cem9532 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    back when i weighed 145 I could wear a size 5 and Im 5'5
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i'm 5'7, 120 lbs and a size 27/28 (5/6)
    my hips are massive :(
  • casandrasdsd
    casandrasdsd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 4in 153lb and wear a size 12 in New york and co jeans. They are starting to get baggy and fall down. I always say my shape is an egg on sticks lol. I have in shape legs but a big belly I am working on getting rid of.

Also have a pair of banana republic size 8 non stretchy trousers I am working on fitting into. I can get them on but not able to button yet!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 4in 153lb and wear a size 12 in New york and co jeans. They are starting to get baggy and fall down. I always say my shape is an egg on sticks lol. I have in shape legs but a big belly I am working on getting rid of.

Also have a pair of banana republic size 8 non stretchy trousers I am working on fitting into. I can get them on but not able to button yet!

Same weight and height but opposite shape-teeny tiny waist but huge hips and thighs.

For those of you in a size 5 in the 150's - what is your bodyfat percentage? And if it's anywhere near mine (30% or so) where are you carrying your weight? Your arms? your fingers? Your face? lol I know it sounds weird but I'd only be a size 5 if I weighed 120 or so, IF that. I can't fathom wearing one at this weight!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 126lbs and I wear a size 3 in "no name" and "Levi's" but when it comes to designer/brand name jeans I'm a size 5.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I wear W27 Levi Demi Curve's, am 154 cm tall (that's 5'1) and currently weigh 56.4 kg (that's 125 lb)

those are currently the only pants that fit me well. Aside from gym pants, that is.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and wear size 5 jeans and I weigh 157.

Also depends what brand of jeans you're talking about. :)

Wow! I'm 5'2 and when I weighed 157 I was a 12/14. Bodies are wild.

I'm 124 and am a 6 in ladies or 7 in juniors.
  • MrsMaui27
    MrsMaui27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I"M 5'3"
    Weight ~120lbs
    Levis ~ Size 4 Jouniors
    Decide~Commit~Succeed
    It's not easy but its so worth it.
    You can do it to! :flowerforyou:
  • Maggies90
    Maggies90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, flucate between 136-140 and wear a size 5-9 . Like everyone else said it all depends on the brand but most of my jeans are a 5.
  • madworld1
    Options
    Yep. 5'3, 125, 27 jeans.