Does anyone else get REALLY hungry at night?

Options

Replies

• wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I usually drink tea or water but if your really hungry that it keeps you up get a spoon of peanut butter. The protein usually gets rid of the hunger.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry but I realised I won't die if I don't eat for extended periods of time. :-D

At the mo, I'm experimenting with midnight to midday fasting. I used to hate going to bed with that hungry feeling.
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    I do but I am almost entering into my third trimester of my fifth pregnancy and am forever hungry. My guess is you need to eat more nutritious food during the day. I find when I eat more nutrient rich foods during the day I am hungrier less at night.
    :smile:
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Me too. I tend to sleep late and stay up late so sometimes if we eat dinner at about 6pm I am sooooo hungry at about 9 or 10 pm. I try to eat a handful of almonds to curb my snack-a-licious-ness. :)
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i always eat my super around 8 or 9 at night with my hot chocolate, i can then settle for the night.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ps, i was going to look at your diary to see how you spread your calls through the day, mines open. look if you like.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet soda and that at least keeps me from eating something.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Save 100 - 200 calories and eat a small bowl of cereal with skim milk right before bed. Your overall intake may be too low also.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Not much now I eat more. At 900 cals per day you are going to be hungry! Please eat more x
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I get hungry at night so I have moved my dinner meal to later around 7. Usually lots of fiber and/or protein. Not hungry at night any more.
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm glad its not just me with this problem. If need be I can put up with being a little hungry during the day, but its terrible to be short of sleep due to waking up hungry and not being able to get back off again.

There are some good suggestions that I'll probably try at some point, like the cottage cheese.

Protein helps to fill me up, but I have sometimes found that I don't really want to eat just before bed, yet still get hungry in the night.

Its a big issue for me this one. Its OK at the moment but if I wanted to cut my calorie intake down it would become a problem.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Your diary is locked, but it could be possible that perhaps you set your calorie goal too low? Also try saving some of your calories for eating at night time instead, meal timing is irrelevant to weight control so don't worry about eating after 8.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm ravenous in the evening. No matter how much I've eaten during the day. And as research doesn't support times of day calories for adults, and as I'm almost never hungry in the morning, I've adjusted my schedule accordingly. Why make yourself miserable if you don't have to.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm always like that, and often not that hungry in the morning. So I just try to save some calories for a bedtime snack. It absolutely DOES NOT matter what time you eat.
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually have dinner around 4:00 or 5:00 and then I'm good for the night. Sorry :[
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I do, so I plan for it. I eat 50% of my daily calories within an hour of bed. I typically am finishing my last bite as I walk down the hallway to hit the rack.

If you enjoy it and are having hunger issues at night, eat later. Meal timing will have no impact on your weight goals.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    i kind of hate some nights. I have to stop drinking about 2 hours before I go to bed or else I'll be up to pee throughout the night, and also if I go to bed with that 'empty tum' feeling, I can't fall asleep until I put something in it, daily intake goal be damned.

The body wants what it wants
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I usually make my dinner my largest meal of the day and have a very large amount of water. 4 cups sometimes! It fills me up A LOT. I used to have that all the time, its not so bad anymore.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My eating at night can get ridiculous. I can eat dinner at 7, feel hungry at 8, and eat a BIG bowl of cereal but still feel hungry. It's a problem! I find brushing my teeth when the evil nighttime hunger kicks in helps. You never want to eat anything right after brushing your teeth :) Either that or I chew gum,