M-A-N?

Options
2»

Replies

• florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm always different. I don't know if that's a good thing, I guess consistency would be good. But sometimes I really want a huge breakfast, and sometimes I dont' want anything.. So it changes from day to day
    I think it is very good to listen to what your body wants, rather than eating out of habit, tradition, or social pressure.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    It depends on when I get up. During the week, I'll eat small-ish breakfast (for me) with a larger lunch and even larger dinner. During the weekend, I sleep in and it's not uncommon for me to just skip breakfast entirely and have two larger meals for lunch and dinner, or possibly one huge meal mid afternoon.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I start my day with a bioprotein bar, then save most of my calories for night. Whether its drinks, a dinner out, or a night at home watching a movie, I like to have plenty for whatever comes up.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have strange habits.
    I tend to have 350-500 before bed between 1 and 3am.
    I don't have breakfast as I am not up for it.
    My daytime food adds up to about 500-600 calories, and my dinner at around 8.30-9.30pm adds up to between 450 and 650 calories, so I guess I am pretty balanced, though given I eat in the early hours before bed, you could say I am evening heavy.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you SHOULD eat a majority of your calories during the day -- i.e. breakfast and lunch should be the largest meals of your day - since you're active then..... if you're not eating much during the day and you get ravenous at night, that's why. I have a fairly large snack at night, but usually it's healthy fats, low carb (nuts, plain greek yogurt, protein powder) I eat 6 times a day usually.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how much I eat in the morning... I'm still hungry by 3pm.

I tried for so long to balance my cals evenly through-out the day, or have more in the morning instead, but I just can't seem to control myself later in the day. Whereas I can fast all day at work not give a darn...

Soooo I'm definitely a dinner kinda gal!!!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nights! I'm a terrible night snacker. It's usually just some dark chocolate or popcorn, something like that.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I like to spread 'em out all throughout the day. I'll have 300-400 calorie meals, but I'll have 200-300 calorie snacks. It feels to to be full all the time, rather than hungry most of the day and stuffed at one meal! The only exception is if I'm going out with friends/family or attending a party or something. Then I'll save up and eat most of the calories at that one meal so I don't have to stress about it. But it's REALLY hard, and I wouldn't want to do that on a regular basis!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 400-600 calories
    Lunch: 150-400 calories
    Dinner: 400-700 calories

That's what I aim for anyhow. Sometimes more, sometimes less
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Nights - look at my diary the last 4 days - FAIL! chocolate chocolate snackie snackie...

grr...

but yes, usually at night because I love a big dinner after work... BAD! I should eat bigger lunches :)

My roommate is a chef and I need to save the calories in case she decides to make a massive dinner :P
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    supper mostly...but if I had a larger lunch will definitely do a smaller supper
  • beccamorty
    beccamorty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Afternoon! Because I'm normally at school, in class, or around school hanging out with my friends, and if we have a break in our schedule they ALWAYS want to go out to eat.. I've gotten pretty good at getting the healthiest options, but obviously nothing you buy from most restaurants is going to be good for you or low cal..

If I was at home during that time I'd eat almost nothing.. I'm a social eater, as opposed to a 'bored eater'.. Basically my friends and my boyfriend always want to go out to eat!! and it sucks :(
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I eat the majority of calories at night.

I eat a small breakfast (typically Special K loaded with blueberries), a Smart Ones lunch, with snacks of apples and oranges in between.

The rest of my calories go towards dinner and night time snacks.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I also generally eat most of my calories in the evening/night... My days at work involve a great deal of physical movement so I enjoy having the extra room at night after burning calories all day :smile:
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Mine tend to be split between snacks and night -- but at any route, the majority come after 3 p.m. I'm not hungry in the mornings, I'm hungrier by lunch, and then I start to get hungry around 3:30ish. So instead of starving myself when I'm hungry, I just eat the bulk of my calories then.