For those with MAJOR weight loss

Replies

• keta_gurl
    keta_gurl Posts: 9 Member
    You are AWESOME! What an inspiration! How did you do this?
  • michiganric
    michiganric Posts: 3 Member
    Tip for people who have lost a sizable amount weight, There is a good chance that your medication needs to be adjusted to your new weight. The dosage for mt Staten's has been cut in half because of my food intake.On my last 2 visits to the doctor my blood pressure was low 100/60. So he had me stop my blood pressure meds for 3 days and if it remained under 140/90 to totally discontinue the BP Meds. I no longer take that BP Med and my BP was 117/76 this morning. even with a upper respiratory that is hanging on. Getting better slowly .I have lost 60 pounds in the last three years. 1/6 of my body weight.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Mine was really bad when I lost weight and went from the "obese" category to overweight. Then it got better when I went from a BMI of 26 to a BMI of 24. The it got worse again when I went from 24 to 21, but not as bad as it was before. Now there is a little loose skin, but it's not terrible. I got my bf% down to 20 for a while and it was much better, but I slacked off and it's back again, so my thinking is that the abdominal fat behind it makes it looks much worse than it is. If you get to your goal and are still unhappy with your tummy, try reducing bf%. And, hey, if it's still really bad, some insurance companies will cover skin reduction after major weight loss.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    It'll get flatter ... but remember ... as you age ... you'll *never* be what you were as a teenager.

i look so much hotter than jailbait me... :drinker:
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member

It'll get flatter ... but remember ... as you age ... you'll *never* be what you were as a teenager.

I'm pretty sure I look better than I did as a teenager. Nothing is impossible
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    This is something i too have wondered about. I had my last child 17 years ago. I never did the post pregnancy exercieses because i was sick after the birth. Then i had keyhole surgery and was steralized and then then a few years later i had to have a Hysterectomy due to cancer cells and this was done by abdominal surgery with a scar accross the top of my pubic area. I now am completely numb where the scar is and was told that they had to cut through the muscles to get to the womb. As they have been cut would they heal again enough to pull back in, i would love a flat tummy but i know that will never happen for me now. Its very depressing when i look down and see that flop of skin. If i could afford it i would pay to have it removed but that will never happen too.
  • jamical
    jamical Posts: 11 Member
    I'm still a work in progress, but I've seen the belly sag decrease dramatically...the key is strength training (at least for me) and diet. Eating whole and clean was what made a difference for me. Be patient (that's hard for me, too!) and keep working at it. Keep your body guessing with different strength and cardio work and it will shrink. I agree with the poster about the fat exaggerating the loose skin. Sounds obvious, but it's absolutely true. The less fat I have, the more I can live with my excess skin.

I know it will never all go away and it is what it is. I've seen the results punishing my body with bad food and lifestyle choices got me, so now I love to see the results I get from the opposite set of behaviors. What a fantastic journey...loose skin and all!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    a lot of it WILL actually go away
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Skin is not the same for everyone
    genetics
    how often your workout
    time

Sometimes people can get their skin to snap back and some can't. I mostly snapped back but I do have a slight pudge of skin on my lower tummy. I will give it more time and working about before I decide if surgery is the only way to get rid of it.

Sometimes surgery is the only way. It really depends on the person and what they do.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I still do not have a flat tummy but hoping to.

250.jpg

205.jpg

diff2.jpg

DSCF9727.jpg
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    I lost 90 lbs, and have no loose skin.

I also have never been pregnant, nor have kids, other than a greyhound.
  • MissCassieHughes
    MissCassieHughes Posts: 53 Member
    I need to lose anywhere from 60-90 pounds. However, I am worried that there is no hope for my stomach. After having kids, my stomach hangs so bad. Will it lift and flatten once I lose the weight, or will it hang forever? If you have any success pictures it would be greatly appreciated!

I have 6 boys 3 of which I gave birth to. My youngest is almost 11 months old. You can flatten things out a lot just by losing the extra weight. There is still loose skin but its flat enough shorts and bikini top, and I can live with that I went from 218 to 120. The littlest one was born at the end of Jan and this is me at the beginning of Oct.

Before 218
    218.jpg
    gracevisit.jpg

After 120
    299882_10151118491869249_1922482017_n.jpg
    523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

Love this, you look beautiful
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Hi there,

I still have something of a bellypooch, but it's definitely shrinking (I noticed the other day that the skin seems looser still; so that last bit of fat underneath is going somewhere!).

Bearing in mind that I was fat for the best part of 25 years, it's not so bad - still hangs a little, but my upper abs are defined and, given a little poke, so are my lower ones.

I used to obsess about my pooch and never really having a flat stomach, but frankly I'm past caring now - I look a damn sight better than I did before :)

Key for me - hydration, plenty of exercise and strength training.
  • yestowellness
    yestowellness Posts: 98 Member
    bump
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    I know mine will never be flat & I'm okay with that. It looks a heck of a lot better than it use to! I had 2 babies in a year, my stomach wasn't flat before them but they sure didn't help lol. I think I could get a much flatter stomach if I put a lot of work into it but its just not a priority for me. It's not that important to me but if it was I think it's possible even if you've had kids, just have to put extra effort in.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    I haven't had a flat stomach since high school. I eventually got a pouch and don't think it ever went away even after I lost some weight with my first weight gain..

I am expecting some loose skin...hopefully in time it will all go away if I keep the weights... I heard about those shapers..I might invest in one.
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Glad this post was made. I plan to drop about 75-100 pounds of fat, and I carry a lot in the middle. But I know it will go down, so I'm excited. But I haven't had a 'flat' stomach since I was 6 or 7 years old....hold on...I've never really had a flat tummy! LOL. With that said, I'm excited, and I know I have work to put in. But I'm already 25 pounds out the way since I've started this, so I can't complain!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    This is something i too have wondered about. I had my last child 17 years ago. I never did the post pregnancy exercieses because i was sick after the birth. Then i had keyhole surgery and was steralized and then then a few years later i had to have a Hysterectomy due to cancer cells and this was done by abdominal surgery with a scar accross the top of my pubic area. I now am completely numb where the scar is and was told that they had to cut through the muscles to get to the womb. As they have been cut would they heal again enough to pull back in, i would love a flat tummy but i know that will never happen for me now. Its very depressing when i look down and see that flop of skin. If i could afford it i would pay to have it removed but that will never happen too.
    This sounds like a bit like me, but some back problems that led me to an awesome physiotherapist who gave me some excellent exercises has made a difference. I'm still at least 30 lb away from goal, but the pouch has reduced considerably. It'll never go away completely, but I'm 56 years old and okay with that.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580691-nsv-free-tummy-tuck
    Now I'm really working on walking with my abs pulled in...harder than it sounds.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    I need to lose anywhere from 60-90 pounds. However, I am worried that there is no hope for my stomach. After having kids, my stomach hangs so bad. Will it lift and flatten once I lose the weight, or will it hang forever? If you have any success pictures it would be greatly appreciated!

I have 6 boys 3 of which I gave birth to. My youngest is almost 11 months old. You can flatten things out a lot just by losing the extra weight. There is still loose skin but its flat enough shorts and bikini top, and I can live with that I went from 218 to 120. The littlest one was born at the end of Jan and this is me at the beginning of Oct.

Before 218
    218.jpg
    gracevisit.jpg

After 120
    299882_10151118491869249_1922482017_n.jpg
    523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

Uhm, Wow!!!
  • I lost 22 kilos or 50 pounds and before I thought I would never have an abs but I was able to achieve it at 19% body fat. We all know that in order to have a flat stomach, you have to lower your overall body fat percentage and to do that is to eat in calorie deficit. But achieveing it isn't that simple. You don't just have to work on losing body fat but you have to improve your overall body composition, meaning your muscle to fat ratio, since muscle is a metabolically active tissue that needs calories just to live and thus helps a lot in burning fat. In other words, work on losing body fat while minimizing muscle loss that also comes from eating at a deficit. We naturally lose both muscle and fat when in calorie deficit but we can do something about keeping our muscles while in calorie deficit.

In my case, weight lifting plus eating high protein foods helped me a lot in losing fat while minimizing muscle loss thus achieveing abs.

Before: 2009 at 75kg (170 lbs.), 5'2"
    P4160528.jpg

After: Dec. 2012 at 56kg (124 lbs.) - note: From my weight of 52kg (115 lbs.) that I had last February, I went to gain 10 lbs. on purpose but those are all muscle and in fact I dropped one jean size.
    P10101844.jpg
    P10101888.jpg
    P1010190.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!