Who has to exercise as soon as they awake?

Options

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I absolutely have to do it first thing or else it doesn't get done. I get up over two hours before the rest of my family so I can get to the gym and back and get showered by the time the kids start waking up. Doing it then is the only time that I can stick with it and I agree, unless it's a planned rest day, if I blow it of then my day is just that much crappier.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    ''I work out as soon as I get home from work, and I work out at home so there's no excuses. ''

The same here - Start work too early to work out in the am hours.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning.. 4:00 am, roll out of bed, get dressed and push play. Wife has been telling me to eat something prior to working out and it will help lose more weight.. I keep forgetting. Maybe tomorrow.. But, first thing in the morning is the ONLY time during the day I have zero excuses not to work out. And, it sure helps in getting the day started...
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast 1st and hen about an hour later i work out - yea i love working out in the morning tho!

Ditto
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Morning work-outer right here!

About three months ago you probably couldn't pay me $1,000 to get up early and work out. But, I started a new job that has unpredictable hours and after about a week of missing workouts, I knew what I had to do. It was rough at first. I think I was in bed by 8:00 PM the whole first month because I was so tired, lol. Now I am adjusted and I love it so much! It's nice to feel accomplished before the sun is even up. :)
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite - I wish I could work out in the morning! I can't seem to get myself fueled and hydrated enough for morning workouts and they always leave me feeling like $#!%. I prefer to work out right after work.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning.. 4:00 am, roll out of bed, get dressed and push play. Wife has been telling me to eat something prior to working out and it will help lose more weight.. I keep forgetting. Maybe tomorrow.. But, first thing in the morning is the ONLY time during the day I have zero excuses not to work out. And, it sure helps in getting the day started...

No disrespect but your wife has it backwards. Skip breakfast for atleast 2 hours upon waking up (workout in this time as u've been doing). Research Cortisol release and Ketonegenesis.
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm also a morning exerciser. In fact it's morning now (6:15am) so I'm about to get up and go. I an certainly not a morning person but I've found it is the only time i can consistently do it. With two little kids i never know what my evenings will look like. I've also found that it fits in well with my eating goals. I prefer not to take a bunch of protein right before bed. Morning workouts boost my metabolism for the day and help me get in my post workout meals.

I'm off to exercise!
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do mainly because life catches up with me during the rest of the day and gives me a big ole excuse to skip
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wake up
    Coffee
    Poop
    Gym

warm up the truck, pre-workout and bcaas instead of coffee though
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I do because I loathe exercise. If I don't force myself to do it as soon as my feet hit the ground then I will make all types of excuses and it just won't get done. Anyone else like this? Has converting to the morning time helped you to be more consistent?

And what's worse is that if I don't do it in the morning. The rest of my day suffers because I can't focus. I continually think about the exercise I have to do. So as a result other things don't get done and neither does the exercise. Double Whammy!

I don't enjoy exercise so I do what I can to make it interesting. I enjoy listening to audiobooks so I train while doing that.

Also think about the outcome of your effort. When I think about how the effort will translate into a physique I want, I look forward to exercise.
  • iampaulinegiles
    Options
    Depends on my day and how sore I am the day before. Either way no matter what time - it always gets done along with my mealplan without the mealplan it's pointless to workout :smile:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person too. By the time I have done a day at work, drove home, fed the family, cleaned up, got kids bathed and to bed I have absolutely no inclination to exercise.

I get up at 5am, work out, shower and dress, get kids dropped off at my mums and have breakfast when I get to work at 8am.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Trying to shift my workout schedule from night to morning, so bump for later review :-)
  • gingertreat
    gingertreat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to run at night (About 8-9pm) and it felt great because the weather was cooler, though now recently I've started working out in the mornings and I'm liking it as well. Fewer excuses to skip a workout now, and I tell myself that I won't get breakfast until after I've gone for a run :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Some days I'm ready to go to the gym when I wake up.
  • alicha78
    alicha78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning gives me more time to do whatever I like after work. Love the morning classes my gym offers too! People think I'm crazy going to sleep at 10 and waking up at 5 to go to the gym though.
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    During the week, I'm exercising within 10 minutes of my feet hitting the floor. I pee, weigh myself, get my exercise clothes on, pop in my DVD (or TV if just treadmill), and get going.

I like getting it done and not having it hanging over me at the end of the day.

On the weekends though, I do not work out first thing. I like to get up and relax awhile first.

ETA: I go to bed at 8pm every night to make this work. So it's meant I had to give up some of my TV time.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    During the week, I'm exercising within 10 minutes of my feet hitting the floor. I pee, weigh myself, get my exercise clothes on, pop in my DVD (or TV if just treadmill), and get going.

I like getting it done and not having it hanging over me at the end of the day.

On the weekends though, I do not work out first thing. I like to get up and relax awhile first.

ETA: I go to bed at 8pm every night to make this work. So it's meant I had to give up some of my TV time.

^^That's pretty much me. Although I go to bed around 10 and get up just before 6.
  • martinh78
    Options
    I'm the opposite, can't get motivated to exercise in the morning no matter how many times I set the alarm and try!

Me too. I start my work day early so I'd have to get up basically in the middle of the night to work out. No thanks! I work out as soon as I get home from work, and I work out at home so there's no excuses.

Looks like it's working well for you :)

I find that it also helps work off the stresses of the day. I usually go for a run then come home and do some bodyweight exercises before eating lots and calling it a day :) Sure when the summer comes I'll do a few more morning runs. Or maybe when I'm visiting family as I'm always up hours earlier than them!