Hangover Cures...

Options

Replies

• MJEekhoff
    Options
    The cure is water. The hangover is a result of your brain not having enough hydration. So drink lots of water. When you're out drinking, you should alternate. Have an alcoholic drink then a glass of cold water. Plus, the water will help fill you up and you won't drink as much :p
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Sleep...

and Tylenol

CYP2E1 ****s you up there brah...
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    249122423_m.jpg
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Chase every drink with a glass of water. Then in the a.m have a big glass of clamato, with lots of worchestershire sauce, tabasco, salt and pepper. There is just something in the mix that always beats my headache and grogginess.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i find that a powerful protein shake works for me. I add spinach too it as well.

for the most part, i just start loading my diet up with water and "real" foods after a night of drinking. I always feel so much better!!
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    water, water, water, gatorade!
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What works for me is to stay hydrated the day of, drink some water in-between drinks, pop a couple of tylenol before bed, get a decent amount of sleep, and have a vitamin water revive before bed and/or in the morning. I think staying really hydrated is the key!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, a breakfast with eggs and cheese, and if you're feeling shaky, add a glass of orange juice. :wink:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it, but taking midol before you go to bed is supposed to help. Not so sure as it wouldn't help the dehydration issue though.....
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself Hydrated,
    Water
    Gatorade
    Or drink another beer :bigsmile:
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    Greasy hangover breakfast and chocolate milk! Omnomnom<3

YES!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    What works for me is to stay hydrated the day of, drink some water in-between drinks, pop a couple of tylenol before bed, get a decent amount of sleep, and have a vitamin water revive before bed and/or in the morning. I think staying really hydrated is the key!

DO NOT TAKE ACETAMINOPHEN (Tylenol), IBUPROFEN (Advil), NAPROXIN SODIUM (Aleve), or ASPIRIN WHILE DRINKING ALCOHOL!!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    ~Benjamin Franklin
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for a bike ride to clear my head I may throw up but I will feel better after and then I can eat
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Mass quanities bloody mary and mimosas for breakfast.

THIS!

Then a nap
  • aadutton
    Options
    4 advil and a big glass of water before bed.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A few sips of pickle juice calms down a fuzzy stomach. Water before bed is good too. Then bacon for breakfast.
  • MissCarter79
    Options

DO NOT TAKE ACETAMINOPHEN (Tylenol), IBUPROFEN (Advil), NAPROXIN SODIUM (Aleve), or ASPIRIN WHILE DRINKING ALCOHOL!!!!

Just me, but if you're drinking copious amounts of alcohol to get smashed, tylenol won't kill you or damage your liver anymore than you are already doing...
  • meljane28
    Options
    Don't take Tylenol, it can cause stomach bleeding when taken with alcohol.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Coffee and water.

And here's an article about mixing Tylenol and alcohol from 2001: http://thehealthydrinker.com/2011/01/tylenol-and-alcohol/

"The National Institute of Health warns that mixing Tylenol with alcohol can cause “stomach upset, bleeding and ulcers, liver damage … and rapid heartbeat."