My snack drawer at work is getting low. Ideas? :)

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Good morning/evening... depending :)

My snack drawer at work is getting very low. What are some snacks you like to put into your snack drawer if you have one?

Rude comments can stay out... I am pre-diabetic and need to eat every few hours. So I need a stash. :)

Reeses Puffs, cinnamon toast crunch, Entmans mini donuts, gum, mini rolos

Mmmmm...Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Best tasting bowl of sugar I ever ate! :happy:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    if you can get away with pistachio nuts in the shell (dealing with shells at work might be an issue?) i like them as a snack because they take work, making me eat more slowly, which usually results in eating less.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This thread is motivating me to go grocery shopping. I have zero healthy foods left in my cupboards and my eating has been absolutely ATROCIOUS in the last week or so. :embarassed:
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Diabetic high cocoa dark chocolate (numerous minerals), pumpkin seeds (omega-3s, magnesium), canned pink grapefruit (may help balance blood sugar), no added sugar dried sour cherries or berries (antioxidants), rough oatcakes and natural peanut butter or small cans of flavoured fish (protein). Be careful with rice cakes, popcorn and raisins they are fairly high glycaemic index.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

My snack drawer at work is getting very low. What are some snacks you like to put into your snack drawer if you have one?

Rude comments can stay out... I am pre-diabetic and need to eat every few hours. So I need a stash. :)

Well this is rude.

Answers your question of "My snack drawer at work is getting very low. What are some snacks you like to put into your snack drawer if you have one? " and then called rude lol.
  • well all these posts make me sound like a boring eater because I only have trail mix and almonds
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Trail mix, Mix your own and put into individual bags
    "Go Raw" products,
    Fruit.
    Dark chocolate
    What ever is in the communal area :laugh:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Jerky and pepperoni sticks, yum.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love new snack ideas...here are some of my go-to's:

String cheese (light), almonds, clementines, baby carrots, apples (occasionally with peanut butter), Dove dark chocolates (when I need a sweet fix), sliced tomatoes with pinch of salt on them, and sometimes apple sauce w/ cinnamon.

:)
  • jwiley78
    jwiley78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In between breakfast and lunch I will eat a banana or some type of fruit salad. At about 3:00 (which is an hour before I get off work) I normally eat a granola bar. We usually buy the large variety pack of Great Value granola bars for the kids. They are normally about 100 calories per bar.

I found that if I don't eat in between meals that I will be very hungry when it is time for an actual meal and over eat. Also, since I normally workout at around 5:00 having a snack at 3 keeps me from being hungry when I try to work out.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Nud Fud (pronounced Nude Food)

www.nudfud.com
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to have healthy snacks...stashes as you say! Just remember to premeasure them...1 TSP etc. (5) Baby carrots make a great snack...mini chocolate chips mixed with sunflower seeds, or any nut of your liking....raisins....(5) ritz crackers with a laughing cow cheese wdege....auaker oats makes nice packaged ones....Silva I think, the strawberry ones are great! Peabut butter with anything...fruits....cheese! Instant oatmeal! Google healthy snacks.....lots of ideas!! Good luck!
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Leave it empty, it's a temptation. Plan your meals (and/or snacks, I call them meals) for the day and only bring that to work. There will be days that you will be hungry, especially in the beginning, but it will make a huge difference.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I do have a snack drawer! I use it to supplement or replace the snacks I should be bringing with my lunch (cut vegetables, fruits...etc) so everything in my drawer does not require refrigeration: (also I'm a bit lazy and all of these are store bought (not home packaged) but since these could be used next week or in 6 months I'd rather have things that I know will last a bit longer.

* Fiber One 100 calorie bars
    * Orville smart pop mini bags
    * Canned tuna
    * Welches fruit snacks (80 calories per pouch)
    * Bagel Crisp
    * Lipton Green Tea Superfruit (taste good and perfect when you need something but not the calories)
    * Special K Chocolate crisp
    * Rice cakes ( I like the popcorn flavor or caramel)

It's better to have some of these around so you can quickly fill a craving with something that fits in your plan and calorie goal and having a snack in the afternoon has really helped me with portion control at dinner time especially since I train when I get home from work.

Great suggestions everyone!!! Great thread!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Well this is rude.

Answers your question of "My snack drawer at work is getting very low. What are some snacks you like to put into your snack drawer if you have one? " and then called rude lol.

WELL. You really shouldn't tell a pre-diabetic that you keep DONUTS in your drawer :) Its fueling the FIRE! :) Have a good day!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like Kind bars too - especially the dark chocolate & sea salt - get your chocolate fix for 5 grams of sugar.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    raisins, Nature Valley, Special K and Fiber One snacks/bars. Trail mixes, dried fruits, nuts...
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I always have a packet of crumpets and some super light margarine in the fridge at work, and usually try to have peanut butter and weetabix in my drawer - but i am a carbohydrate addict - recently i've been bringing hard boiled eggs into work to try and up my protein/increase satiety - a boiled egg in its shell will keep for about a week i think in a fridge so it's a great protein snack too.

The crumpets is the clincher though, if you choose your crumpet carefully you can get a decent tasting one for 75 kcals and a smidge of low kcal margarine makes for an indulgent feeling snack - its the only thing that stops me eating packets of crisps instead.
  • laurenaphelps
    Options
    Raw Almonds
    Carrot sticks
    Fruit

I like to snack on raw foods instead of packaged items.