Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Are Hersey bars paleo?
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I made hot cocoa the other night, off the Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder box. for the milk, i used 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 half & half; wow was it rich! I didn't realize until the next day, the half & Half was fat free!!!! I was amazed, because normally I can tell when something is made full-fat or not, and I had no idea until my husband pointed out that the creamer was fat free. Go figure!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Are Hersey bars paleo?

If you are going paleo use dark chocolate
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Just in time for Christmas!

5 pints of 1/2 & 1/2.
    12 Hershey candy bars.

1) Slowly heat cream on stove
    2) Break candy bars in small pieces and add to warm cream
    3) Stir until melted candy is fully mixed.

Serve and enjoy!

Add just a smidge of salt at the end. Seriously, so good.

As an alternative, I use whole milk instead of the cream (and I add brown sugar).

You can also add liquor at the end as well.

YUM!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    This is not fair! Only for you darn "bulkers". :sad:

Everyone's bulking now. It's part of the magic of Christmas.

Bulkers? I'm lactose intolerant so this recipe is pretty much a cleanse for me. Sounds much tastier than green juice or lemon cranberry water or whatever the kids are cleansing with now adays. I'm in.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If you only have a little of it, who cares if it's over your calorie allowance for a snack? Work out more or quit whining. Sounds good to me.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I need to start bulking. Lmao x
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    No no no.... You have to use Abuelita! So fricking good! But seriously... I love hot chocolate! So I found a very special (store brand) of coffee that tastes like it. I feel like I'm getting a special treat every morning.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    lol did you say 12 candy bars???

BETTER IDEA

Take your fav chocolate protein mix and add to hot water....My protein tastes just like hot chocolate I drink it all the time :-)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

BETTER IDEA

Take your fav chocolate protein mix and add to hot water....My protein tastes just like hot chocolate I drink it all the time :-)

its just been so long since you had chocolate melted into whole milk or cream that you forgot what it tastes like. Trust me. Protein powder tastes ok (mine is pretty decent) but it doesn't compare to a chocolate bar melted in half and half.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

BETTER IDEA

Protein powder isn't paleo and is man made, which mean it will lead to you getting fat and getting diseases
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

BETTER IDEA

aren't you afraid of bulking up? :wink:
  • chogue55
    Options
    This sound terrific, but a little fatty. I use Swiss Miss Diet chocolate mix (25 cal) and fat free whipped cream. Yummy substitute!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

BETTER IDEA

I'm extremely confused as to how this is better. One has 12 candy bars, one doesn't. Case closed.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This sound terrific, but a little fatty. I use Swiss Miss Diet chocolate mix (25 cal) and fat free whipped cream. Yummy substitute!

What exactly is fat-free whipped cream? It's whipped....something.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    But for real...

1 Tbs cocoa powder
    1 Tbs maple syrup
    1 - 1.5 cup milk (*not* water) of your choice

Mix cocoa and maple, heat milk, pour milk over delicious syrup. Best cocoa ever. I also add cinnamon or peppermint extract.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Are you trying to insult me?
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hersheys? The chocolate god frowns upon you. I'd rather have some store bought powder and make it with water - and the end result just tastes like hot water.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about strip clubs in Atlanta.

I AM DISAPPOINT
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Fat-free whipped cream is an oxymoron.