In need of tips for holiday drinking & snacks

Options
13»

Replies

• Blackwell79
    Options
    I say go for it! Run/Walk/Swim etc. before and after. Enjoy the Holidays!
  • HealthyWithStephanie
    Options
    that is great advice! we have to think why we are on this community site to get healthy. There is nothing healthy in alcohol, we have to fuel our bodies with proper food.
    What will be beneficial not what will be less harmful?
    Our friends and family love us for us, and will be proud and supportive when we want a healthy positive change in our lives.

Plus when we wake up in the morning we will be energized and ready for a great day full of energy!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan's and diet coke (or diet root beer or diet cream soda)....or skip the soda and go straight to the Captains:drinker:

Win.

A half pint of the Captain is 480 calories, that's a good run or something right? Fit it in and have fun. Just don't drink and drive.
  • HealthyWithStephanie
    Options
    Reward ourselves with positive choices! healthy food to fuel our bodies.
    Let's encourage each other to be our best wake up feeling energized and make the right decisions.
    Happy holidays :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Plus when we wake up in the morning we will be energized and ready for a great day full of energy!

And all "not in a pile of someone else's vomit" but whatever you find "fun"
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Personally, I take off from exercise and tracking calories between xmas and new years because it's not what you do between Christmas to New Years, it's what you do between New Years to Christmas. A body needs a calorie and exercise break occasionally to help eliminate the stress from your body. So enjoy. Try to eat more lean meats and if you drink, spirits and wine are the way to go.

This is my thought exactly! I enjoy my holidays because they are once a year. Don't over indulge, be mindful, but don't cast yourse;f out and be the only one not having a reat because of a "diet".... This shouldn't be a diet, it should be life change. Are you willing to give up your usual festivities forever? Probably not, so don't give them up, scale them back. Moderation. Course this comes from a person who drinks very little. Special occasions/gatherings I will have a beer or glass of wine.

Now, if you are the of the "party all the time" every weekend type person. then I might suggest vodka and soda water... as your new favorite drink.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    that is great advice! we have to think why we are on this community site to get healthy. There is nothing healthy in alcohol, we have to fuel our bodies with proper food.
    What will be beneficial not what will be less harmful?
    Our friends and family love us for us, and will be proud and supportive when we want a healthy positive change in our lives.

Having a few drinks to celebrate doesn't leave most people clinging to a toilet in the morning, I think that's for the college kids. It's been a long time since I've even been hung over from a few on the weekends. Once you learn how to "drink responsibly," one can have a few to unwind after a long week without feeling bad the next morning.

I respect your decision to not drink, but I'm just saying that having a few drinks isn't bad either.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm not counting calories during the holidays. But I will be mindful of what I'm eating and not go overboard.
    I actually baked 7 different kinds of cookies. I probably have 35-40 dozen cookies in my freezer right now. I made them all small. They are like, 2 bite cookies. haha I didn't modify the recipe to make them low fat or anything, but by making them small, I can try one of each and not feel like I pigged out and over indulged. And I WILL be trying every cookie.... hahaha

As for cocktails, wine isn't too bad with calories, if you have 1-3 glasses. If you have 1-3 bottles, then your calories won't be the issue... haha
    I don't usually drink that much during Christmas. New Years, however..... That's a whole other story. hahaha

<<My holidays baking. I take the same approach. Not everyone is changing how they eat and some things are better left "sinful" I have probably around 80-90 dozen treats not including the candies in my fridge. I will get around to sampling one of each.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    it is only a couple of days and 3500 cals equal 1lb right? so You are going to have to really overeat/drink to make a serious impact on your calorie deficit. ...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Hahaha! let`s go

I think Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is around 300 calories/bottle. Pretty sure I can down several of those with no issues.

And that's a pretty light beer.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Raspberry or Cranberry Stoli, club soda, twist of lime. Less than 100 cals. Enjoy responsibly!