CALLING ALL RUNNERS!

Options
So I've been on here for a while now, but I'm still looking for more friends who are seriously into running!

I'd also love to know some of your stats, like -

how long does it take you to run a mile/km? how many miles/km do you usually do?
have you ever competed in races, and if yes, what was your time/place?

SO YES.

Add me if you feel like it! I always love hearing about anything that's running related.
:)

Ps: sorry if this is more of an introduction-topic. but since it's all about exercising... :)

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner.

All my PRs are from last year at 52-53 years old.
    Mile - 5:54
    5k - 20:10
    Half Marathon - 1:35:25
    Marathon - 3:32:12

Right now I am just base training using the Maffetone method for the next several months. Hopefully this will set me up for better PRs this coming year. My weekly schedule looks generally like this:
    Su - 6 mi
    Mo - 10 mi
    Tu - 14 mi am, 6 mi pm
    We - 6 mi
    Th - 12 mi, sometimes a second run of 6 mi
    Fr - 6 mi
    Sa - 14 to 20 mi
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Here are my PRs

400m - 64 seconds (July 2012)
    1500m - 5:12 (July 2012)
    Mile - 5:37 (July 2012)
    5K - 19:37 (May 2012)
    10K - 42:05 (May 2011)
    10 Mile - 1:07:25 (March 2012)
    HM - 1:28:05 (Sept. 2012)
    Marathon - 3:12 (Oct. 2012) BQ!

My training is a little down right now, just coming back from IT Band troubles (I refuse to call it an injury) after my last marathon.

My weekly base mileage is between 50 and 60 miles per week. Weekly mileage peaked at just over 80 during the last marathon cycle. That on 6.5 days per week.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    New runner here

Ran my first 5k on Dec 1st in 27:23
    My goal for my first 10k on Jan 1st is 60:00

I plan to run my first half and full marathon next year. Please add me as well. I would love the feedback of more runners!
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Those are some fantastic PR guys! I hope I'll be that fast one day too! :)

and @fatman; I plan on running my first half-marathon too next year!!
    I'll probably sign up for a 10K first though :)
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    I have a half marathon, 10K, and 10 miler all setup for the Spring (2013) season and expect to lower these times significantly, but here are my current PRs. My marathon is my most recent race.

5K - 25:09 (May 2009) - Haven't run one since '09
    5Miler - 37:09 (May 2012)
    10K - 51:09 (June 2012)
    HM - 2:00 (Oct. 2009)
    Marathon - 3:33 (Oct. 2012)

I typically run between 4-6 miles 4-5 times / week, and one day usually between 7-10 miles. My pace is usually around the 8:40s but I go slower and faster, depending on the weather and how I feel. Also, depending on what I'm training for -- I'll add in a day of interval work, or hill repeats.
  • XxxFallenAngelxxX
    Options
    I <3 running even tho I dont have a lot o'e time to run!
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty average runner, but dedicated (my PRs are on my profile).

I'm working through injuries right now, but average 1000 miles a year +/-

Feel free to add me if you see fit
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I run, and I want to run fast. I used to train on an elliptical, starting in May 2011, and ventured on the road in August 2011, but now I only count running mileage. I would say I run about 25-35 mpw. I would like to get to 50 mpw, but I have recently been slowed down by the flu and helping care for my parents (and working full time - I just need to wake up earlier - but I am struggling with that). I don't have a special program, just building base right now. Although I find the Hanson method interesting. When I worked on both speed and base simultaneously, I injured myself so I have decided to take one step at a time, but I should be ready to start on speed again in the Jan/Feb time frame. I love racing - and I do it both for training and improving speed. My favorite distance right now is 13.1M and I hope to run a full sometime in 2013. AND yes I want to BQ, and I would love to do it at the big five-oh, or sooner! :tongue:

My "middle age" PRs are:
    - 5K 23m:47s
    - 10K 48m:24s
    - 13.1M 1h:48m:25s
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have a half marathon, 10K, and 10 miler all setup for the Spring (2013) season and expect to lower these times significantly, but here are my current PRs. My marathon is my most recent race.

5K - 25:09 (May 2009) - Haven't run one since '09
    5Miler - 37:09 (May 2012)
    10K - 51:09 (June 2012)
    HM - 2:00 (Oct. 2009)
    Marathon - 3:33 (Oct. 2012)

I typically run between 4-6 miles 4-5 times / week, and one day usually between 7-10 miles. My pace is usually around the 8:40s but I go slower and faster, depending on the weather and how I feel. Also, depending on what I'm training for -- I'll add in a day of interval work, or hill repeats.

With that marathon time you should kick the heck out of all those other PRs you got! that is a real good marathon time :happy:
  • jc112486
    jc112486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    love to run! hopefully doing a half marathon this year! anyone have tips on decreasing min per mile?
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    love to run! hopefully doing a half marathon this year! anyone have tips on decreasing min per mile?

more miles, more miles, more miles

lots of easy miles (just don't ramp up too fast)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Late to the party at 45 ( 46 tomorrow!) years old, started running in May this year with c25k from scratch..

PB's:
    5k 28'20

10k 59'58

13.1 miles ( half marathon) 2 hours 15'

15 miles 2 hours 38 mins

Training now for first marathon in May, Toronto goodlife.
  • wittyusername
    Options
    Not a runner yet... but I just ran outside for the 1st time ever tonight & im feeling pretty chuffed with myself for making a start :) hoping to turn it into a regular habit too
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Newbie runner, but I love it already!! Ran my first 5K a couple of weeks ago in 30:26. Usually average about 10 min a mile. I have a ways to go, but looking forward to the journey!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner. I don't run tons of races, I just like to run & I like running trails. My ave 5k is around 21:xx & marathon pr is 3:56.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I started running last November/December (had never been a runner before). I've ran between 5-10 5Ks and two 10Ks now.

I've been slacking on running lately due to it being cold and not wanting to wake up & go so early. But, my normal running routine is usually about 4-5 days a week with anywhere from 25-40 miles per week.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Love to run! Feel free to add me if you like! I usually run a mile in 8:50. My best 5K was 27:41 and my half marathon was 2:16:07. I have 2 and 3 planned for next year. I also love to run obstacle courses, Run For Your Lives, Devil Dash, etc. I have the Spartan Sprint on my to do list for 2013 :)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    whoah I thought I was a runner cuz I love to run. But now I see folks PRS and I'm like "uh, i'm a jogger perhaps"

I recently did a half marathon and did it in 2 hours 15 mins (or so)... I felt like I walked away VICTORIOUS because i did, in fact, walk away (as opposed to wobble, limp, cry, or hop).

also, I didn't train for that. I can't fit in many long runs into my life...so I do lots of short runs and try to run often.

I'm one of those weightlifters, too.

ETA: ok my thing was actually two hours and 19 mins. But that includes letting my dog pee multiple times....so I think it probably was more like 2:17 LOL. smh is my competitiveness showing?!?!?
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just starting back at running. Used to be a runner in High School/College and my PR's there were much faster than I will be able to achieve again.

Current PR's:
    1 Mile 7:05 (goal sub 6)
    5K 23:52 (goal sub 20)
    Marathon 4:45 (goal 3:30)

My main focus right now is building endurance and doing speed work, lots and lots of 400 m intervals, that is how we can get faster. Doing a dualathalon in March, and would like to do well in my age group, got the biking part down, just need to get that 5 K time down.