40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options
I am doing medifast! I know there are some that are leery of it, but 40 pounds in 8 weeks, I am excited!!!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Let us know how much weight stays off once you stop taking this product.
  • carolinemisspretty
    Options
    awesome
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Interesting.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    16.50 for a box of cheerios?

I think you are getting ripped off
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    40 lbs of what?
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Or, you could learn how to cook/prepare your own healthy meals so you are able to sustain that weight loss for many, many years... a lifetime even!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    16.50 for a box of cheerios?

I think you are getting ripped off

maybe so...either way I am down 40.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Or, you could learn how to cook/prepare your own healthy meals so you are able to sustain that weight loss for many, many years... a lifetime even!

I did that 5 years ago. Lost 60 lbs. and I had to do it again so I figure why not try a different approach.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I will not rain on your parade, 40 pounds lost is wonderful i wish you all the best.

exercise.png
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options

I did that 5 years ago. Lost 60 lbs. and I had to do it again so I figure why not try a different approach.

Then it's your mindset and determination that probably needs to be changed, not the method for getting to your goal.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That's totally awesome, congrats!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone being such an a-hole? GOOD GAWD get off your pedestal.

CONGRATS on 40 lbs lost. :)
  • shape_up4good
    Options

Then it's your mindset and determination that probably needs to be changed, not the method.

I agree with that. Trying to work on that as well.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    You will get mixed responses in here - most of us are very wary of quick-fix solutions and have done this the (often painstakingly) long way.

Firstly, I am glad you have dropped the weight, just coming down that much will help your body immensely. What you need to do now is slowly ween yourself off it. Reduce the amount of reliance you have on the shakes, and SLOWLY up your calories back to a reasonable level. You will gain some weight back during this phase but it is normal, and inevitable.

Learn how to live with a sustainable long-term decent diet, and make sure you are getting regular exercise (if you aren't already). The point where you come off the shakes and start using MFP to plan your diet will be the most important part of this trip. Do it slowly, do it right, and you will continue to see success!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I am doing medifast! I know there are some that are leery of it, but 40 pounds in 8 weeks, I am excited!!!

How many calories are you eating per day?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I agree.

Congrats and dont let anyone rain on your parade.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    You will get mixed responses in here - most of us are very wary of quick-fix solutions and have done this the (often painstakingly) long way.

Firstly, I am glad you have dropped the weight, just coming down that much will help your body immensely. What you need to do now is slowly ween yourself off it. Reduce the amount of reliance you have on the shakes, and SLOWLY up your calories back to a reasonable level. You will gain some weight back during this phase but it is normal, and inevitable.

Learn how to live with a sustainable long-term decent diet, and make sure you are getting regular exercise (if you aren't already). The point where you come off the shakes and start using MFP to plan your diet will be the most important part of this trip. Do it slowly, do it right, and you will continue to see success!

wow Raymond, thanks for your words. I gotta get the mental thing figured out as well. I can be disciplined whether on a meal plan or making my own healthy foods. What I really got to fix is my lack of self image and feeling good about the way i look. Not sure how to do that yet. Again thanks for your words!
  • DeeBee042
    DeeBee042 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Agreed!
    Well done and good luck with your journey :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!