small wrist 5"

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm curious now if everyones forearm is small also. Mine is 7.75 which looks small I think, really my whole arm does

Did you measure them yourself? Your numbers seem really low for a guy. You don't look particularly small in your pictures either. 5'9" is close to average height and you're probably close to average weight too. For reference I have 7.5" wrists and 12" forearms and I'm not even that big of a guy. My wrists are almost the same size as your forearms! Just don't seem right. Recheck for yourself, IMO.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Me only they are just under 5 inches It's annoying as hell too. I really live livestrong type bracelets tha support a cause but they are always huge on me =( I also have issues with fine motor skills (since birth) due to how weak my wrists are.
  • brscott22
    Options
    I'm curious now if everyones forearm is small also. Mine is 7.75 which looks small I think, really my whole arm does

Did you measure them yourself? Your numbers seem really low for a guy. You don't look particularly small in your pictures either. 5'9" is close to average height and you're probably close to average weight too. For reference I have 7.5" wrists and 12" forearms and I'm not even that big of a guy. My wrists are almost the same size as your forearms! Just don't seem right. Recheck for yourself, IMO.
    that was me about 30 lbs heavier. I carry more weight in my stomach area and my arms and legs are small.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

Small wrist (long and slender fingers), falling quite generously below 5" but is clearly not a 4, only on an 11.2 inches in length forearm, with more length where my humerus is.

Edited to add: Socially 5'8" [Real height: 5'10"]
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I've to 5 1/2 inch wrists and they're tiny and people notice. When I shake my fist in a menacing way I'm never taken seriously :)

Hahaha. Mine are 5 1/2 too. People laugh at me when I say my fists are weapons of mass destruction.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    My wrists must be massive compared to ya'll.
    I'm 5'10.5 (male) and my wrists are somewhere between 9 & 10inches. (Don't have a tape measure to easily measure)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa, someone said they have 4" wrists?? I just made a 4" loop with my measuring tape and that's like... my cat's wrist. You are measuring the circumference & not just the width, right? Wrapping the tape AROUND your wrist like a snug bracelet?

Edit: I rechecked and they're actually 4.75. I must have stretched the string I was measuring or something last time. Still pretty small, but not bendy straw small. I'm an idiot :embarassed:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Mine are 4.5 ..:embarassed:
  • brscott22
    Options
    I've to 5 1/2 inch wrists and they're tiny and people notice. When I shake my fist in a menacing way I'm never taken seriously :)

Hahaha. Mine are 5 1/2 too. People laugh at me when I say my fists are weapons of mass destruction.
    lol
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have a 5" wrist and I am 5'9". Didn't know I was a freak of nature, according to your trainer. Lol!
  • brscott22
    Options
    I have a 5" wrist and I am 5'9". Didn't know I was a freak of nature, according to your trainer. Lol!
    I think she may of actually said adult male, that would probably make more sense lol
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    No, I think 4" was a mistake unless she is 12yrs old. I asked on my Facebook about wrist circumference and ppl started saying they had 3" 3/4 wrists but turns out they weren't measuring around their wrist, they were just measuring across. Make a 4" loop with your tape & look at how small that is... :/
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My wrist is 5.5 inches, below that knobby bone that sticks out. lol
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

My forearms are 12.4" which is right on target for my height. :)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    ]lop same here, when people see my arms they tell me to be careful that I could get hurt easily

People like to assume that some of us are weaker, I think. Gives them a sense of comfiture, obviously. I'm certain you've also heard the line, "Careful, the wind might blow you away." Puleeze!! Complete and utter hogwash.
  • brscott22
    Options
    ]lop same here, when people see my arms they tell me to be careful that I could get hurt easily

People like to assume that some of us are weaker, I think. Gives them a sense of comfiture, obviously. I'm certain you've also heard the line, "Careful, the wind might blow you away." Puleeze!! Complete and utter hogwash.
    lol
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Mine are 5 1/2 and I'm only 5'4" so yeah I think 5" is small for someone taller than me. I'm considered small framed (not tiny but small). And my forearms are 8.5 at largest spot for reference.
  • brscott22
    Options
    Well it seems around 5" isn't uncommon
  • jsdouglas26
    Options
    My wrist is 5.25" and I'm 6'1" and my forearm is just under 8" so were close to the same. I hate having small arms
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a 5" wrist. My personal trainer measured me today and said she has never seen a 5" wrist on an adult before and I can't believe that. I know my frame is small but not that small lol

That's small, I have small writs for my size, and they measure 6.75"