Will you be logging over Christmas and Boxing Day

Options
Hi just wanted to know if anyone will be logging over Christmas and Boxing Day. I will be doing the cooking for both days and it will be busy but thought once everyone is fed and we are sat down watching the normal rubbish on the tv, I will log on. Will anyone else be doing that :blushing:

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Always*.

*unless I'm drunk
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am planning to log over the holidays. I will still try to stay within my goals, but not stress overmuch if I go over. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    YES, Yes, yes. . . It's the best way to keep me "grounded" and avoid major bingeing.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I log every day; even "bad" days or "cheat days". I at least owe it to myself to own up to what I've done and be honest so I log it anyway. Sometimes I even look back at my previous days and think about what I would have done differently lol. I'm obsessed!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Will definitely log in and track as much as I can calculate the variety of offerings, for sure I won't be within my numbers, but I'm planning for that now by being as good as possible!!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Nope, I won't log dinner on both christmas days. For all the other meals it Will be business as usual though.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I track my food everyday, Christmas won't be any different.
  • Christmas day, no.

All other days definitely. :)
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    YES!! Will def be logging.I cant promise it will be pretty, but Ill be logging
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything, but that being said, I have had two meals this season that I didn't log. Those two meals were from restaurants and I didn't have any idea how to log what I'd eaten!

Still, I tried to make the best choices available (for instance, passing on the GORGEOUS bowl of fries last night and opting for the LOVELY bowl of veggies). If you are making the food, though, you should know what's in it and be able to log the recipes, etc.

Whether you log or not, make choices you'll be able to live with (eat decent portions of the good stuff) and don't stress over it. Just don't make it an excuse to keep eating whatever you want in whatever quantities you want. One meal/one day, then right back on track!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I log everything, every day. Not logging doesn't make it such that it never happened. I'd rather have the record and know I ate 6k calories or more often, know that while I pigged out, I really only ate 1k calories over maintenance and that's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I may not log as I'm eating, but if I stuff it down my throat, it will be logged.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I will not be logging on Christmas day.... I am giving myself the day off. I will still be conscious of portions and what I am eating, but I want to be able to focus on my family and my kids without feeling like I need to run to the computer everytime I eat something!
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I will log both days but expect to go over on Christmas day which is just fine with me. Boxing Day will be business as usual on the diet/exercise front.
  • chasfound
    chasfound Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! No way around. I need to hold my self accountable for the food I eat and this is the best way i have found to do that. I am so glad I found MFP!! And all my wonderfully supportive friends on this site!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I will be logging - i think its important to just track everything, regardless.

Also, it'd be good to have site of it - it will help me and encourage me to take it easy in January.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I log on a daily basis, regardless of what day it is.
  • GSPL_GRL
    Options
    If I don't log I fear that will become a habit - busy stressful days go without being logged.

Christmas and boxing days are stressful and sad for me as I lost my big sister 7 yrs ago. Emotional eating will be my biggest problem to overcome.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I will be having roast potatoes, crisps, sausage rolls, christmas pudding and lots of chocolate and alcohol!!! I'm pretty sure I will hit the 4,000 calorie mark pretty easily!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i will try :) though i do tend to nibble throughout the day so may not be quite as accurate as normal!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I will log both days but expect to go over on Christmas day which is just fine with me. Boxing Day will be business as usual on the diet/exercise front.

This!