Baked Potato Soup (Crock Pot)

hauer01
hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
I made this yesterday and had it for dinner last night (and some left overs for lunch today). Thought I would share!

Baked Potato Soup

Wash and dice up 5 medium Potatoes (I used Yukon Gold). Dice up 1/2 Medium white onion. Dice up 9 cloves of garlic. Add all of this to the crock pot and add 8 cups of Chicken Broth (I used Organic low sodium chicken broth). Shred up 1 1/2 cups of carrots, and 1 cup on celery. A lot of black and red pepper (to taste). Leave the crock pot on low for 8 to 10 hours. I was gone for 10.

When I got home I added an entire container of Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese and used a submerssion blender to blend everything. If you don't have one, just scoop out the soup into a blender and blend and then add back to the crock pot. This makes the soup very creamy. While I was blending, I cooked up 8 strips of Turkey bacon in the oven. I crumbled the bacon and added it to the soup mixture and let the flavors meld on low for about an hour.

This made 7 large servings (almost 2 cups per serving) and freezes well.

Calories per serving (using the ingredients that I used) came to 182 cals/serving; 28 carbs/serving; 2 fat/serving; 12 protein/serving; 482 sodium/serving.

Replies

• megami_girl
    megami_girl Posts: 18 Member
    That sounds really good! Love Crock Pot Recipes.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    This sounds so good.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    souds good
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Oh this sounds delicious. Especially with all the garlic. Thank you!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand thank you
  • chelkins16
    chelkins16 Posts: 51 Member
    bump
  • luvsclassics
    luvsclassics Posts: 13 Member
    Sounds delicious.

My crock pot is little use, and packed away.

Can this recipe be adapted to make on the stove in a big stock pot ?
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    sounds awesome! will def try it! thanks for sharing!
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Bump. Thanks for sharing.
  • Bump!
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Bump! Gotta make this the next time potatoes go on sale!
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    bump
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    bump sounds delish!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    I made this yesterday and had it for dinner last night (and some left overs for lunch today). Thought I would share!

Baked Potato Soup

Wash and dice up 5 medium Potatoes (I used Yukon Gold). Dice up 1/2 Medium white onion. Dice up 9 cloves of garlic. Add all of this to the crock pot and add 8 cups of Chicken Broth (I used Organic low sodium chicken broth). Shred up 1 1/2 cups of carrots, and 1 cup on celery. A lot of black and red pepper (to taste). Leave the crock pot on low for 8 to 10 hours. I was gone for 10.

When I got home I added an entire container of Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese and used a submerssion blender to blend everything. If you don't have one, just scoop out the soup into a blender and blend and then add back to the crock pot. This makes the soup very creamy. While I was blending, I cooked up 8 strips of Turkey bacon in the oven. I crumbled the bacon and added it to the soup mixture and let the flavors meld on low for about an hour.

This made 7 large servings (almost 2 cups per serving) and freezes well.

Calories per serving (using the ingredients that I used) came to 182 cals/serving; 28 carbs/serving; 2 fat/serving; 12 protein/serving; 482 sodium/serving.

What brand of Turkey bacon did you use?
  • hauer01
    [/quote]

What brand of Turkey bacon did you use?
    [/quote]

Aldi's Fit and Lively
  • hauer01
    Sounds delicious.

My crock pot is little use, and packed away.

Can this recipe be adapted to make on the stove in a big stock pot ?

Oh yes, just boil the potatoes and veggies til tender and add the rest of the ingredients to heated.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Sounds delicious!! I'm going to try it.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Bump
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    BUMP, Sounds Yummy
  • bump