Egg brands that are low in fat?

Replies

• scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    I love MFP......
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    this is the funniest thing i have ever seen.. a low fat egg.. TAKE THE YOLK OUT DUH!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    "There are no dumb questions"

Hmmm....
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    is this perhaps a database error problem? I rememebr a few months ago someone was recording huge fat content for their eggs but it was because they were wrongly entered in the database.

A typical egg has about 6g fat.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    22109620.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    I've replaced eggs completely with Reese's Peanut Butter eggs.

It makes an omelette..tricky, but worth it.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    I_don't_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore.jpg
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Cadbury Creme Egg ... with chocolate fingers for dipping.
    Nom Nom Nom
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    You need to get some skinny chickens for that....they lay the low fat eggs....Pre-cooked too!

:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    An egg is an egg... Just mix one whole egg with some egg whites of its a problem. Eggs are very good for you though! X
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Only one post in 2 months and this is the outcome?

I think you've all been had.
  • Try organic eggs. They're higher in omega-3 fatty acids, free of antibiotic residues, and contain no arsenic, which is added to factory-farmed chicken-feed to prevent infections and spur growth. They are not less fat, but way healthier.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    funny
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Eggs are the perfect food! Love 'em! They are packed with essential nutrients. Then man tries to "improve them, making Egg Beaters by taking out some of the good stuff and adding: "Natural flavor, color (includes beta carotene), spices, salt, onion powder, vegetable gums (xanthan gum, guar gum)" as if we need those things. :b Eggs + dash of salt = Super Awesome!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    http://www.allwhiteseggwhites.com/products/product.cfm?prid=1...no cholesterol, no fat, add low/no sodium spices for taste..awesome.

Contrary to the mythical belief...sodium and cholesterol are not good. Not all protein is healthy. Just google it :smile:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    ah....ummm...

less fatty eggs? Look for the MFP branded eggs - laid only by diet chickens with a 100 log in record or better..

...or get a non-stick pan?

..and now I need more wine after reading this thread.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    well I discovered with some surprise (shouldn't have been really) that duck eggs were much higher in calories (nearly double) than chicken's eggs.

A 'brand' is just the distributer. companies don't MAKE eggs and can't make 'low-fat' versions. An egg is a food source for a baby chick. It will have the nutrients that that chick needs. any messing with those nutrients and, well it's not really an egg any more.

Maybe quails eggs may be lesser in fat.

I was getting duck eggs from my in-laws for awhile. They were freaking awesome for over-easy. Not only are they about twice the calories of chicken eggs, the yolk to white ratio is much higher. So certainly not lower in fat, but that's actually a plus for me :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    http://www.allwhiteseggwhites.com/products/product.cfm?prid=1...no cholesterol, no fat, add low/no sodium spices for taste..awesome.

Contrary to the mythical belief...sodium and cholesterol are not good. Not all protein is healthy. Just google it :smile:

You would die quite quickly without any sodiuim.

Just sayin'.

:smile:
  • luvsclassics
    luvsclassics Posts: 13 Member
    Yes, I agree Egg whites are better for you.