40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! just be careful! losing an extreme amount of weight like that in such a short time could have dangerous effects on your body... your heart to be specific! just be careful!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    great news. whatever it takes.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Do remember you have to prove all these haters wrong when you go back to normal eating..good luck!!
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different paths to weight loss. If this is working for you (40 lbs. is amazing) then good on ya.

I will agree with others that have said that a long term, well structured diet will be crucial to keeping it off. When you get off the medifast, start looking at a meal plan that you can sustain on a daily, weekly, monthly etc basis. A plan where you can eat breakfast, take your lunch or find a good low cal eat out lunch and prepare a healthy meal at night.

You already are in the right place for tracking food so you know what you are putting in your body. The food tracker here is amazing and the best I've ever seen. You can start planning you foods now, putting them in the tracker and see what your typical day will look like on paper. Keep track and push on!

I won't hate on any method other than starving oneself. I look at it like this, I work in an office with multiple guys who are in the same position. Some of us took traditional education paths, others learned on the job without a degree and still others changed career paths and learned to do a different job. The point is, we are all capable of doing our job today even though we all got there from radically starts. The point is we all are in the same spot in my company and came from different origins. But, now that we are there, we must do pretty much the same thing to be successful in our positions.

Take it one day at a time, but always be looking forward. Good luck and congratulations on the success you've had so far.
  • Melissajo44
    Melissajo44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ignore all the FUN-HATERS!! Congrats!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    40 lbs of muscle and water I'm sure but congrats anyway
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow, after reading the first pg of responses, I quit. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! You are a love, you handle yourself and others with a lot of respect, I love that in another human. Just keep coming back, MFP works, then you can rerun this post with a new update for all of us. It has taken me all of this yr to lose 38#, but recently found this site and am grateful I did. Congratulations!!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I did medifast for awhile and lost about 15, and two years later it's still off. I also felt better on that than preparing my own food--I have a bunch of allergies that are hard to steer clear of, and on medifast I wasn't eating them and still getting some nutrients. My mom also did it and lost about 40, which 3 or 4 years later, is mostly still off (I think she's gained back 5). But I'm impressed that you posted about it here--I got really nasty responses when I posted merely asking what people thought, and frankly, it has scared me away!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    So excess skin and high risk of gaining it all back and then some. Diets are temporary and so are the results- we have to make permanent lifestyle changes to get permanent results. I did medifast a couple of years ago but stopped when I couldn't stand the thought of eating the contents of one more powder packet. Still if you're willing and able to eat like that forever, then congrats on the weightless- :smile: :smile: :wink:
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats :) that's an amazing loss!!!
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss.

I went to the Medifast website. While it is strict, it is very structured and for the OP to lose this weight that means he has been very disciplined and consistent for the last two months.Discipline and consistency are essential for success and most of us that don't get the results we want whether we are shooting to lose a lb a week or more, its because we don't stay on track. For those critics who say he can't sustain the loss, ask yourself how disciplined or consistent you have been in the last 8 weeks. Losing weight is hard, support one another even if their journey doesn't mirror your own.

^^^ EXACTLY!!
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.

What a nasty comment!

Congrats Op! No matter how you did it you desrve a congrats. You sticked to the program you choose and youve been successful. Keep it up!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    listen, if your losing, great! its none of our business which PROGRAM YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW! my only caution as i stated above is to be careful. make sure youare being steadily monitored by a dr. there are dangers that are associated with rapid weight loss, which primarily can affect your heart. other than that, congrats, and dont worry about what others think,,, BUT DO KEEP A WATCH ON YOUR HEALTH!
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like reading through pages of judgemental responses so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate post.

My coworker is currently doing Medifast. She has lost 75 lbs, went off it for a while, gained like 12 back, and is now back to Medifast. She looks happier and healthier than ever. While this program isn't sustainable (in my opinion), it does help you to rethink your eating habits. She has absolutely changed her way of eating and although she gained going off the program, it has definitely made her smarter. She had to have that slip-up to remind her that it is a complete lifestyle change, and she has to find a balance. Weight loss is a process of finding a balance of eating healthier (better choices, portion control, craving control), and exercise, it is also a process of figuring out how to relive. Good for you for finding a program to help you lose pounds, and good luck in figuring out how to relive and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm sure you know or will find that you cannot live like that for the rest of your life, but if you want permanent changes you will figure out a sustainable lifestyle for yourself.

P.S. The fact that you stuck to the program long enough to lose 40 lbs means you are strong enough to be dedicated to whatever healthy lifestyle you choose. You can do it!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss so far!!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    I see a lot of negative posts on here, we are a community that encourages one another to become healthier. This man lost 40lbs, now we should encourage him to eat healthy and work out.

I am pretty certain he realizes that he still has to eat healthy now that part of a program is over. Let us show some positive posts folks!!

Thanks!
  • 16Momma16
    16Momma16 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is really great. Listen to the good advice and ignore the negative people. I find that mfp has some really rude people that is why I choose to be part of a private group. A lot of people seem to think it is a good quality to just say whatever they feel like. You need people to cheer for you and encourage you not be sarcastic and rude because they don't agree with your way of losing weight.

I say good for you and keep up the good work
    :drinker: :drinker:

You people drive me insane. The "rude people" you are referring to have a great deal of knowledge and want to help. You shouldn't cheer if a weight loss method is unsustainable.

The RUDE people I am referring to only gave opinions in a RUDE way. Advice that is helpful is done in a non condescending way. It is done in kindness with some actual helpful tips included. Not just gum flapping about how he is now going to fail. By the way what scientific study have you done that has proven to you that the op's weight loss is unsustainable?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.

What a nasty comment!

Congrats Op! No matter how you did it you desrve a congrats. You sticked to the program you choose and youve been successful. Keep it up!

Person loses 52 lbs naturally and it's a "nasty comment".
    Person loses 40 lbs with diet gimmick and it's "successful"

Very interesting.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options

if you are pleased with the product and its working for you, then congrats! It's 40 lbs!!! Makes moving all the more easier, and if you move more, you'll lose more. :happy:

I agree. Congratulations!
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!