40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.

What a nasty comment!

Congrats Op! No matter how you did it you desrve a congrats. You sticked to the program you choose and youve been successful. Keep it up!

Person loses 52 lbs naturally and it's a "nasty comment".
    Person loses 40 lbs with diet gimmick and it's "successful"

Very interesting.

You can't be serious. The person who lost 52 pounds "naturally" was rude because of his comment not because he lost weight the natural way. That was a dumb thing to say. How would you feel if you we're proud of your weight loss and someone said woop dee do, I did it better than you? I'm sure you wouldn't feel very good or supported.

Didn't your mothers ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? I don't mean the people that have actually had CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but the ones that took the time to just be plain rude.

OP congrats on your weight loss, I hope you are able to sustain it once you go off the program.
  • hmanley66
    Options
    Let us know how much weight stays off once you stop taking this product.

I agree
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! So happy for you! Keep up the great work!
  • hmanley66
    Options
    Not to say that isn't a huge accomplishment, just be careful that you practice sustainable habits in your weight loss :) It would be a pity to lose this weight but not build the habits you need to keep it off. If you are disciplined enough to lose this 40, then I think you are disciplined enough to keep it off if you set your mind to it!
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Let us know how much weight stays off once you stop taking this product.

Let's help and be supportive here. Sometimes people with more weight to lose need a little push in the beginning, and then they can gradually build in healthier, long term options. Not all of us can post the rock hard abs in the mirror picture quite yet.

Way to go, OP!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is congrats on your loss!!! I know people who have taken the weight off slowly with diet and exercise and STILL gained their weight back. So congrats to you!!!! Well done!!!!
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    40lbs is 40lbs so well done for even sticking to those shakes for 1 day never mind 8 weeks. I tried them a few years ago and stick with it for a little over a week. I lost 13lbs but by the end of the week a was physically borking as I was trying to drink them. You don't seem stupid so you understand what you have to done to keep it off.
    I unfortunately went straight back to eating double the amount of crap I did before so put double back on. Now doing it the slow way and have lost 40lbs in 6 mths. That doesn't sound as nearly impressive 40lbs in 8 weeks.
    Once again Well Done Your body will love you for it.
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

What a nasty comment!

Congrats Op! No matter how you did it you desrve a congrats. You sticked to the program you choose and youve been successful. Keep it up!

Very interesting.

You can't be serious. The person who lost 52 pounds "naturally" was rude because of his comment not because he lost weight the natural way. That was a dumb thing to say. How would you feel if you we're proud of your weight loss and someone said woop dee do, I did it better than you? I'm sure you wouldn't feel very good or supported.

Didn't your mothers ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? I don't mean the people that have actually had CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but the ones that took the time to just be plain rude.

OP congrats on your weight loss, I hope you are able to sustain it once you go off the program.

Bloomin Well Said....... Some people are just RUDE .....
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations first of all. This is a great start to lifelong health. You say you lost and gained back before? Well, don't let it happen again this time. Enjoy your loss, and take that self confidence with you towards a new life with better habits. Here is to a new and healthier you in 2013!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

What a nasty comment!

Very interesting.

YOU can't be serious.
    Do you know what constructive criticism is?
    Welcome to life. Have fun chastising everyone who doesn't meet your mother's definition of saying something nice. I personally don't think it's nice to support people partaking in unhealthy weight loss schemes. By the way, don't you find it the slightest bit hypocritical to call someone's comment dumb and in the same breath say people should only say nice things?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

What a nasty comment!

Very interesting.

Bloomin Well Said....... Some people are just RUDE .....

We have different definitions of rude. In my world, encouraging bad behaviors and habits is rude.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    OMG, such negative comments. Be proud of your loss. I did a modified version of Optifast and recently have been strickly on food and I still lost 10lbs this last month. People shouldn't be so judegmental. If what you are doing is working for you, then continue to do it and be proud of your successess as they come!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I pray it stays off! I don't think it is a big deal to worry about how much muscle you lost now. Just remember to start strength training a little and up your calories slowly as your journey continues over the next few weeks. :] Nice work. xo I think your way takes more will power because I could not live off of that for even one week.
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options

What a nasty comment!

Very interesting.

YOU can't be serious.
    Do you know what constructive criticism is?
    Welcome to life. Have fun chastising everyone who doesn't meet your mother's definition of saying something nice. I personally don't think it's nice to support people partaking in unhealthy weight loss schemes. By the way, don't you find it the slightest bit hypocritical to call someone's comment dumb and in the same breath say people should only say nice things?

Grow up. Why would you come to someone's post only to tell them how horrible their form of weight loss is? Do YOU know what constructive criticism is? Because I can tell you it sure as heck isn't telling someone their weight loss isn't as good as yours. Or telling someone they are only going to fail.

There were several posts in this thread that gave GOOD advice to the OP instead of trying to make him feel like crap.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You will get mixed responses in here - most of us are very wary of quick-fix solutions and have done this the (often painstakingly) long way.

Firstly, I am glad you have dropped the weight, just coming down that much will help your body immensely. What you need to do now is slowly ween yourself off it. Reduce the amount of reliance you have on the shakes, and SLOWLY up your calories back to a reasonable level. You will gain some weight back during this phase but it is normal, and inevitable.

Learn how to live with a sustainable long-term decent diet, and make sure you are getting regular exercise (if you aren't already). The point where you come off the shakes and start using MFP to plan your diet will be the most important part of this trip. Do it slowly, do it right, and you will continue to see success!

yep
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    congrats, its off :)
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    Happy for you. Hope you keep up the good progress.

I do not know why you went with MediFast. I know it is pricey. If it was prescribed by your doctor-now what do you do next??
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    Well well--my friend on MF used it-reduced her blood sugar levels to a safe level and went right back to desserts and junk foods. She hasnt discussed with me how she is doing now. But, I am not blind. She gained back all the weight and is out 700 dollars.

She is my best motivator thou. She told me the other day to keep my "fat" clothes. She said I will gain it back. Hmmm-dont think so.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Grow up. Why would you come to someone's post only to tell them how horrible their form of weight loss is? Do YOU know what constructive criticism is? Because I can tell you it sure as heck isn't telling someone their weight loss isn't as good as yours. Or telling someone they are only going to fail.

There were several posts in this thread that gave GOOD advice to the OP instead of trying to make him feel like crap.

How's the air up there on your high horse?
  • nkturner11
    Options
    I know someone who did medifast before, and they lost a lot of weight too. Now they have twice as much to lose this time because they never learned to eat regular food and in proper portions.

Congrats on your weight loss. Honestly hope everything works out the way you want.

^This. I know 2 people who used it with awesome results. In two months of trying to eat regular food again, each of them have gained 50-60 lbs back. I'm sure they both went back to their old eating habits instead of even attempting smart food choices and portion control though. I hope it works for you! It'd be awesome to be able to keep all that off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!