New Year's Resolution anyone?

Options
13»

Replies

• penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    1. Find a new house

2. Have a 2nd baby (or at least be pregnant by then)

3. Get a new job
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution is to live more. Have more fun. Do things that I haven't done before. Take my kids to places they never been before.

Wonderful!
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I want to learn how to juggle and save more money!!!
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1) Continue the positive work and effort I've already put in. Dont let it go to waste.
    1a) Be a better Dad and Husband. Not that I'm a bad one, but I can always be better.
    2) Enter into a complete 2013 Illinois Warrior Dash
    3) Enter into and complete a 10k
    4) Reach goal weight of 220.
    5) Fit into the Tuxedo I wore at my wedding in 1998, wear it on a date with my wife, reenact wedding night.
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    One of mine is weight-related. I'd like to lose 50 pounds by the end of next year. It won't get me to my goal weight, but it'll get me close (and I've been losing weight so slowly, I don't think more than 50 will be realistic for me, as frustrating as that is for me).

I'd also like to take at least one trip, though we'll have to see how that pans out as I've been looking for a job for ages with no luck. :/
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Mine is easy...get through 2013
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    To stop swearing so much.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mine is to be thinner/fitter before my boyfriend comes to visit me.
  • battynat12
    Options
    1. Reach my goal weight.
    2. Spend more quality time with my nephews.
    3. Be more patient with my Grandma
    4. Go on at least one date in 2013.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    - Get a job (main priority!) in The Midlands and move in with the bf
    - Start saving again
    - Amsterdam!!
    - Learn how not to worry about everything
    - Be less pissed off
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    1. Continue to get sexier.
    2. Complete my course.
    3. Expand my business.
    4. Become single & remember how happy I use to be!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Since I'm already losing weight that won't be it this time either. My goal for next year is to gain savings. FH & I are trying to come up with some new strategies for next year to have a better savings plan.
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1. Keep working out to boost my immune system since I lost the weight I wanted to this year :)
    2. Get good grades
    3. Stay away from negative people who drag me down
    4. Get a job.
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    1. Not eat any takeaway foods
    2. Get to my goal weight
    3. Get more involved in my church :)
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Mine : Commit to be Fit. I have a small teenager to loose yet. haha For mothers day we will be debt free, except for our home... woohoo. I wish everyone on here could say that.
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    To be living with my best friend and soulmate by this time next year.
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    2012 Resolution is to SAVE money - enough money to go visit family in Germany. And probably try to be comfortable about going to Germany and being around strangers, flying in a plane, and being an unsociable hermit. Probably ought to learn a little German language too.

Wow seemed such a simple Resolution when I started there didn't it? I'm already for my panic attack now!! :bigsmile:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm going to learn Spanish.

I took Spanish in school from grades 3 through 9, then again in college for an easy foreign language credit, so I'm not starting from scratch, I can speak and understand some basic things, and I can read more than I can speak, but becoming fluent would be awesome. I live in central Texas, where it's hard to tell if Hispanics are the minority or the majority (actually, in the part of town I live in, they are definitely the majority) and it's become an increasingly valuable job skill to be bilingual. My company also deals with a few breweries in Latin American countries, and we have very few people in upper management who speak Spanish at all, so it's sometimes tough to communicate with them. It would make me a more valuable employee and I think it would be something great to teach my son, as well.

Plus, it would be kind of hilarious if I, a complete caucasian, was able to converse fluently in Spanish, while my 100% Mexican-American boyfriend can barely get past "Hola."