40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• motivatedshi
    motivatedshi Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good Job on the weight loss!! Who cares if you bought "overpriced" food to loose the weight?? Fact is, whether you make your own meals or buy premade ones, it is still tough to loose wight PERIOD. Good job on making a decision that benefited your health. A year ago I did nutrisytem, and it initially worked for me, however after loosing 15 pounds, it was extremely boring to try and stick with, so i stopped it and gained all the weight ( and more) back. I now have been preparing my own meals ( I have a little bit more time now, then i did back then) and I feel like I have way more options, and this way is working better for me. Any how whatever works for a certain person is what works for them, and people need to stop being negative, because it is already hard enough to loose weight and build self confidence and pull through WITHOUT all the negativity..... GREAT JOB, YOU EARNED IT!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Let us know how much weight stays off once you stop taking this product.

nothing what so ever to do with the OP but DAMN! girl I want your waist!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hm, this is what I'm going to say.

So what you paid 16 bucks a box of cheerio's, so what you bought food from a program. It's not much different then buying nutrisystem etc. I'm sure a lot of people have tried this stuff anyways, whether they stuck to it or not is a different thing.

Regardless, congrats on your 40lb loss.

I do believe you could gain the weight back, if you stop eating the food from the program and start eating unhealthy choices and stop being active, but if you just stay active and keep eating the premade food or even switch to your own cooking and healthy prepping then you'll be fine.

So who cares, you didn't starve yourself, you didn't buy a green coffee bean, you did something and got some results. Congrats to you.
  • HeatherBriggs1970
    Options
    You have a great attitude! Congratulations on your weight loss :) To thine own self be true!!
  • mt130022
    mt130022 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone being such an a-hole? GOOD GAWD get off your pedestal.

CONGRATS on 40 lbs lost. :)

Amen to that! Way to go! :drinker:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.

I got ya beat....i lost 60 lbs and didn't use any "fad" foods to do it. 5 years later I was right back where I started. Hope you have better success your first try than I did.

Ive got you beat...and no fad anything. Hell, I even drink 3 bottles of wine a night. and it stays off only if you make the right choices.

I love a good pissing contest (...not)!

...now I am just waiting on everyone to start sticking their tongues out at each other.
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Agreed! Everybody has a different path. Congratulations on your weight loss & hopefully this will give you the motivation to follow/continue following a healthy lifestyle once you're at the maintenance stage. Yeah for you!!!
  • shastacrystal
    Options

What a nasty comment!

Congrats Op! No matter how you did it you desrve a congrats. You sticked to the program you choose and youve been successful. Keep it up!

Person loses 52 lbs naturally and it's a "nasty comment".
    Person loses 40 lbs with diet gimmick and it's "successful"

Very interesting.

It was your woopdeedoo comment. Admitting you were a jerk might be the 1st step:(
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    LOL... all of these people that are criticizing the OP and defending themselves and their reactions because "it's the real world, and the real world isn't nice" are really funny.

It's funny because they've lost the weight (either the right way or the wrong way-- it matters not) and made themselves attractive on the outside. Then, they come on this site and word-vomit nasty spew that shows the world how ugly their insides still are.
    Yep... unfortunately, that IS the real world... and it takes all kinds.

Just my observation....

:-)

OP--- congrats on your weight loss. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
  • JaneSarjeant
    Options
    I did Medifast and lost 25 pounds in 10 weeks. The food was not that great but dealth with it as i saw results. The issue us I had to stop because I was getting a lot of body aches and not feeling well from not enough food intake. I then did weight watchers for 4 weeks and gained 4.5 pounds Now I am doing My fitness pal.com. Lets hope for some results
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can't share your joy with everyone but kudos to you.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    LOL, i didn't mean to start a fight. :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

What a nasty comment!

Congrats Op! No matter how you did it you desrve a congrats. You sticked to the program you choose and youve been successful. Keep it up!

Person loses 52 lbs naturally and it's a "nasty comment".
    Person loses 40 lbs with diet gimmick and it's "successful"

Very interesting.

It was your woopdeedoo comment. Admitting you were a jerk might be the 1st step:(

All I asked was "40 lbs of what?". Still have not received an answer. I wanted the OP to think critically about weight loss vs fat loss and health.

Thanks for calling me a jerk though. You have a great and realistic attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • nmc414
    nmc414 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! Love your attitude toward the not so great comments. :) Just take in the helpful advice and do what works best for you. Wishing you great success this time around.
  • dicker94
    Options
    Hi mate
    I've lost quite a lot of weight but also gained quite a bit of muscle at the same time in the last 3 months.
    I cannot express enough how important it should be for you to weight train and do at least 30-45 mins cardio a day, in the last 3 months my weight has only come down 6lbs but my body sape has changed dramatically! Shoulders a bit bigger, waist a bit slimmer, back wider, so don't focus too much on the weight but more on how your clothes fit you. Hope you take my advice on board and good luck!
  • Guatamellon
    Guatamellon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

^^^^^^^^ This exactly.... Good job! Keep it up and good luck on your weightloss journey!
  • Failbetter
    Failbetter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm amazed at all the negative comments. I think it's wonderful that you lost 40lbs. Maybe there is a bit of jealousy here. That is an amazing loss and just because some people didn't learn from the experience and went back to their old habits doesn't mean you will! Good luck!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    I am also glad that if I put it on, I have a place I can come back to and say, "look guys, you were right, I suck". LOL Kidding of course.
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Amen to that! Way to go! :drinker:

I bet everyone on this thread wishes they could lose 40lbs in 8 weeks...so i say...WELL DONE!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am also glad that if I put it on, I have a place I can come back to and say, "look guys, you were right, I suck". LOL Kidding of course.
    Or you can take some of the constructive comments and keep the weight off. The problem with diets is that they are temporary. You can't stay on MF the rest of your life so you have to have a plan for getting off MF (or any other diet for that matter). Being healthy is a lifestyle, not a temporary eating plan. You need to get out and move your body and learning how to eat properly so you can maintain your weight loss. No one here wants you to put the weight back on, but most here also know that it diets tend to lead right back to weight gain unless you change how you eat and exercise. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!