What Do You Do For Extra Money?

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I do some ebay and also do surveys. Sign up to on device research. I usually get a few on handset surveys a month. Only £10 a mo th but better than nothing. I've found I can sell my plus size clothes for at least had of what I paid for them. Funds more clothes! Lol. X
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    I work every other weekend at a convenient store...gives me the opportunity to learn the town gossip, so i pretty much get paid for talking...which i love to do...
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Catering on the weekends!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    When I need extra money, I just work hard for a change at my normal job.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Dancing.
  • Adech
    Adech Posts: 1 Member
    I work part time for an event security company. We work concerts, bars, privat parties and things like that. It has a lot of perks and can be very flexible schedule wise.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    I detailed RV's, trailers, boats and sandrails with a friend on weekends.
  • armonson63
    armonson63 Posts: 16 Member
    bump
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    When I was really low on money, I would donate plasma. I got paid $50 the first 5 times and could go every other week. Now, they lowered the pay a lot, but if I'm ever around the area and have extra time, I'll still donate.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    I work part time at Yankee Candle as a manager. Love the job until weeks 50-52 of the year... then it blows. Long hours, crazy people everywhere... it's only 3 weeks though so I deal with the stress and will have one hell of a workout next week when things cool down and I'm on vacation from the full time gig.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Secret Shoppers get PAID extra money from companies wanting to see how their employees are doing...you can go online and sign up for your specific area and they will let you know when they need someone, it usually pays like $20-75 each one.

Truth! We get secret shopped routinely.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    I've tutored (math, chemistry, and biology) from time to time for extra cash. I've done it on my own, and also through a company (ClubZ). The only tutoring I'm doing these days is pro bono though.
  • I have a small crocheting business
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    When I was really low on money, I would donate plasma. I got paid $50 the first 5 times and could go every other week. Now, they lowered the pay a lot, but if I'm ever around the area and have extra time, I'll still donate.

Oh, yeah, I did that all the way through undergrad. And I've got permanent track marks on my arms from it :( Still, it was extra when I needed it. The center I went to we could go twice a week and it was $20 the first time you went and $30 if you went again the same week, so $50 a week.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    I will do some light work on hot rods.
    A few examples:

Complete re-wire and fuse block on a 1957 Ford pickup truck
    New window molding and chrome on a 1969 Nova
    New rear end on a 1940 Mercury

Things like that.
  • sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 34 Member
    i do mturk. it is thru amazon and you just do small little task that people post. I don't make much when I actually do it for an hour straight ill make around $5 which isnt bad for just sitting on your butt, but i get bored easily.

www.mturk.com

what kind of tasks for example?
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    I don't anymore, but I used to work as a temp for Google to make extra money. Telecommute, set your own hours, nice little way to make extra cash.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    I work for a party bus company as a side job. I pretty much get paid to hang out with people, drink, and go to bars.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    I coach youth volleyball.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Focus Groups...not thousands but at least a couple hundred! There was one that I registered for, went for 5 minutes and they didnt need me so they sent me home with a $100 check. The other one I did I got to sample food for an hour and a half, tell them my opinion and walked out with a $150 check! They limit the amount you are able to do over the course of 6 months i think for tax purposes, I am in the DC area so there are a lot. I found it just by googling it.