Flat irons

Options
13»

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    for your hair, I would say a GHD. Always use a heat protectant before you use it as well. Tresamme heat tamer is good .

Have you considered one of those brazlian blowouts?

Serums are good to use once hair is dry for frizzy bits. there are loads out there, moroccan oil is popular, kerastase oleo relax, paul mitchell super skinny serum just to name a few

ALso make sure you are using a shampoo and conditioner suitable for your hair type
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I use babyliss and it's glorious! 0 to 400 in like 10 seconds!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I have tried Brazilian straightening and after $300+ my hair was STILL curly, course, frizzy and huge. I've tried all kinds of hair products, shampoo, conditioner, creams, gels and serums...all of them! I've even been to Ouidad in NYC and my hair was gorgeous and curly after their special layered cut and curly styling but I can't afford their hair products, especially when you consider just how much product I would need for this mop of hair. Think Chaka Chan in the 80s/90s. It's part of her personality and suits her beautifully but I've never been into "big" hair. I'm little! LOL

I've always feared the rolling brush things for fear of getting tangled up and having to chop my hair of. I can't seem to find the InStyler listed on Amazon. I'm normally an Amazon queen too! I will look at all of your suggestions and see what I think works best for me.

Thank you all!! Keep em coming!
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    and if you dont want to spend the money on a chi.. GVP is the knock-off chi version,it works just as well as the chi. you can get it for about $60,if the price hasnt went up. (smaller plates are better than the thick ones by the way)

^ This, I love mine and it leaves my hair extremelly shiny. It takes me 15 mins and I have VERY thick course hair and the length is past my waist.
  • shelliewilkins88
    Options
    GHD had mine 4 years and still going strong - i have the most unmanageable hair ever - or Fransen Futura if you can still get hold of them, they are quite old school though!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    hmmm....can I get my wife bacon flavored shampoo? I didn't think she could be more perfect, but bacon scented hair, now that could be something.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Sultra Seductive at Sephora!!!
    seductress-full-new.jpg

Expensive as all get out but it makes hair look AMAZING.

I also have the curling iron but need to get taught how to use it.
    :drinker:
  • kekevela
    kekevela Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My Chi just gave out earlier this week :frown: I didn't like the InStyler at all. My stylist recommended the babyliss pro, but I haven't gotten a replacement yet.
  • medibrat
    Options
    instead of flattening...look for the deva curl line...there is a book that will teach you how to deal with your wild unruly mop...Changed my life (and my hair!!)
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Chi all the way for sure!! I have had knock off ones, cheap ones, and the Sally Beauty brand one too. None ever worked as good as the Chi and I have extremely thick hair also!! I'd put my Chi up against any other brand, no matter what the cost, anyday!!! :laugh: