What is your motivation of losing weight?

Options

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be healthy for my kids, but I'll admit I also wanted to be "hot" :wink:

Exactly...lol

Goal(s) achieved.

I want to not have to suck it in where ever I go
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Me, I am my own motivation. My drive and my desire to look good. : )

I don't mind getting up at 4:15 am every morning and I go crazy if I skip a planned workout. This healthy lifestyle kind of grows on you. : )
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Matching the person I see in the mirror everyday with the self confident bubbly creative sensitive person I am on the inside.
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    To be a great surprise for my boyfriend when he comes home from deployment :)
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Health! Plain and simple. I am against losing weight for any vanity reason as I find it to be a sign of weakness.

Ouch! This is just annoying.... Really? The question was WHY YOU are doing it and not what you are against. Stick to your shiz and don't strike other people's nerves. I am pretty sure there is at least half of us on here who do it for "vanity reasons"
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Losing my moobs and gut, and getting physically fit for the first time since i was a kid.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Initially it was all just for my health. I went to the doctor for chest pains I was having while eating and was diagnosed with acid reflux. I walked out of there and a little light when on in my head. I knew that at 338 pounds and 41 years old it was only a matter of time before I had more serious issues, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. I did not want to end up on medication for things I could control myself, nor do I want to drop dead of a heart attack long before my time. So I made the decision that day to take control of my eating, and so far I have done that.

however, now that I am where I am, there is also a little of the other starting to creep in. I know that I am healthier, and I will continue to do everything I can to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible. But I always want to look good, to be able to buy clothes anywhere that I want to( i can really do this now), etc. There are a ton of reasons, but the biggest one is still my health, being around for my kids, and setting a good example for them.
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    My motivation is def my son. I want to be around for him for a long time and I want to be able to do all the fun things with him without having to sit on the sidelines due to my weight getting in the way. Of course, better health is awesome too!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I got sick of being "the fat girl" in pictures.
  • chickfromsc
    Options
    I guess the proper reply would be...to be healthier...live longer...feel better...yada yada yada!! Honestly...I want to lose weight to wear cute clothes and to feel comfortable walking around naked! Living longer to do both...added perk!
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    to get healthy is my motivation. Losing weight is just one facet of that goal. I take an unhealthy amount of pills for someone who is only 24, so I want to change my diet and exercise more to wean myself off some of the medicine I take.
  • youngpip
    youngpip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my wife who has lost over 100lbs this year. She's a superstar to me and although I was only a little overweight I wanted to join in with the health kick.

Oh, and I wanted to flatten that beer belly!
  • lilmzritz
    Options
    To be healthy for my husband and son, new wardrobe, be off my high BP meds!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I need to take care and protect the body god gave me. For that I need to get rid of the extra 20lbs of junk I have been lugging around for years that has been overloading my system (my tender feet, soft knees, hips and arms).
    As a bonus, I want to look great in any outfit I wear.
    Cheers!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    All of the above! Plus I want to be pretty. It makes me feel good.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    NOT WASTING MY LIFE IN REGRET AND WISHES.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I want to be 80 years old and sitting on my porch with a shot gun, shouting GET OFF MY LAWN, and know that I can lift that shot gun and use it if I need to, not to mention chase those young whippersnappers down the street so they can't get away while getting off my lawn.

That.. and look sexy naked.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i wish i could say it was for health reasons, but to be honest with you, im one of the healthiest patients my dr has had in a long time. all my numbers are perfect, blood pressure always around 108/65 cholesterol at 143... i can never find something wrong with me... im a hypochondriac, so believe me, i go in alot... she always sends me home with a clean bill of health... thats why all the times i asked her for "diet pills" she turned me down, said my health is not in jeapordy, so she wouldnt give me such a risky quick fix... so, no, im not losing it for health reasons... im already healthy... some how...

im losing my weight because i had 5 kids back to back and gained a whole lot of weight in 10 years... i got up to 246!!! im only 32 years old, and without sounding like im bragging, i think i kinda have a cute face, and id like the body to match! i dont like being embarassed when i go to the kids school, to my husbands christmas parties, to birthday parties for old friends... im sick of being fat!

i finally got serious in september, went from 246, to today, 201!!! im about to hit one-derland, and im so freekin excited!!!

i just want to feel attractive again... and ive already started to feel it a little bit. my husband is very supportive, and has also been eating healthy with me... my kids, 2 who start high school this upcoming year are both very proud of me, and look forward to having a good looking mom to cause trouble as normal at the school...lol

so thats it guys... i just want to feel pretty again...
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    BEING A MOTHER F**KING SUPER HERO.....errr no F**k that! TO BE A BAD *kitten* MOTHER F**KING SUPER VILLIAN!! BOW TO ME NOW EARTH SCUM!!

<
    Realized this is 100 times funnier considering I am wearing ill fitting Christmas Attire. LMAO
  • iluvhockey987
    iluvhockey987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm studying abroad in England this summer and just got out of a 5.5 year relationship. I am ready to start my life over and do things for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!