Can we quit trolling?

Options
I'm all for fun and games. I crack jokes all the time. But if we're posting trolling topics, which I do find funny, can we keep it to the chit-chat, fun and games forums? It's really annoying trying to get good advice or help people, and then you come across things that are obviously not real. So please, can we keep up the fun, but in the proper area? I'll still read it, I swear!

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That's why this site needs a rep system. Or a voting system to hide crap posts or wrong posts.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This is the internet. I think we all know that the answer is no.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Well...ok, if you want us to.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing thousands of people in one short post. You rock.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That's why this site needs a rep system. Or a voting system to hide crap posts or wrong posts.

Or maybe a two-party authentication where posts get reviewed by a neutral third party before being posted to MFP, and the reviewer is like a sub-moderator with no real authority. I envisage sort of like an electoral college where MFP members can vote on who will be the sub-moderators as a check/balance to the power of the moderators although a quorum of moderators could override the election of the sub-moderators. Of course, these sorts of overriding things must be used very rarely or else people will probably want the moderators THEMSELVES to be recalled in some sort of election.

Or you could just not read troll posts.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Fq62q.gif
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Since you asked so nicely.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    31056298_jpg-magnum.jpg
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    The First Amendment applies everywhere... but the MPF forums.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    31056298_jpg-magnum.jpg

:angry:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    BAH HA HA HA!

no.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's not likely, no.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Fq62q.gif

trust-meh-it-phat.jpg
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Come on, I'm really not being unreasonable here. There's really no need to be rude about it. Just trying to help everyone out. This site isn't just some stupid social media site, this is for helping others and helping ourselves. I'm not saying don't do it at all, and I know that won't happen.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'm all for fun and games. I crack jokes all the time. But if we're posting trolling topics, which I do find funny, can we keep it to the chit-chat, fun and games forums? It's really annoying trying to get good advice or help people, and then you come across things that are obviously not real. So please, can we keep up the fun, but in the proper area? I'll still read it, I swear!

so when you do it it's a joke and it's funny, but when others do it, it's trolling?
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    24611754.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Fq62q.gif

trust-meh-it-phat.jpg

RIEtP.gif
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Or maybe I should realize that people on this site are just as immature as on other sites. Thanks for pointing that out, everyone!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    The First Amendment applies everywhere... but the MPF forums.

...in the United States. :huh:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    4fa76a93-207f-457b-8736-e87a26fa76ea.jpg
This discussion has been closed.