Can we quit trolling?

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    if anybody is looking for helpful and motivation friends..go with someone on this thread. Said person might actually log on often enough to reply to a question and help you out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Depends on what you think of as trolling.

People have been called trolls for simply disagreeing with the OP in their own manner of speech. People have been called trolls who may incorporate their own style of humor into their answers because either that's just them or they are trying to lift the mood. People have been called trolls for being snarky or seemingly snarky - which is their right to be even if they didn't mean to be.

Usually, on posts that start claiming others are trolling, I find 80% of the time...not really.

And they amuse me. So.....I say NO. :D
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Way to successfully avoid trolling...

Don't post or come on the forums.

Waahlah!

Way to successfully create your own troll thread: Post a thread complaining about troll threads.

She's an evil fcking genius!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Just because people disagree with you does not mean you need to rage quit the forums.

In fact, maybe it just shows you that a large amount of people think differently than you do.

When you post in a public forum you open up a discussion.

People are entitled to their opinions...as you are to yours.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    That's why this site needs a rep system. Or a voting system to hide crap posts or wrong posts.

Whilst there are a handful of decent posters who'd get repped, so would all the comedians.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member

Waahlah!

Way to successfully create your own troll thread: Post a thread complaining about troll threads.
    That would be trollception.....remember, you heard it here first \m/
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    The First Amendment applies everywhere... but the MPF forums.

Sorry, and the first amendment applies to the rest of the world, how?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member

Waahlah!

Topic: Rude people on the forums (rant)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    "quit trolling" posts always bring out the best gifs and memes.

I have to agree. I'm dying over here!!!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Instead of complaining about the trolls, why aren't you helping people on the forums who are trying to start their babies on Shakeology but need flavor combinations that will appeal to an infant's sensitive palate?

:noway: dafuq?!

...uh. That was a reference to a different post.
  • sjohnny
    Just because people disagree with you does not mean you need to rage quit the forums.

In fact, maybe it just shows you that a large amount of people think differently than you do.

When you post in a public forum you open up a discussion.

People are entitled to their opinions...as you are to yours.

Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Waahlah!

And it's even posted in M&S and not CCF&G.

Dangit...we just got trolled...hard.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    if anybody is looking for helpful and motivation friends..go with someone on this thread. Said person might actually log on often enough to reply to a question and help you out.

yes....all the so called "trolls" are the best friends to have!
  • sjohnny

Waahlah!

And it's even posted in M&S and not CCF&G.

Dangit...we just got trolled...hard.

BOHICA
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member

Waahlah!

Is that like failing to fail and failing at it?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    nevermind
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    I have actually seen the rep system being used on many sites (arenajunkies comes to mind) where its fairly successful. A site with the scale of MFP where the mods are much fewer compared to the massive population could definitely benefit from a rep system and would help both users and mods. I have suggested the rep system before however not sure if the admins are interested in implementing it

Side effect is all the great troll posts will be rated highest and knock all the "should I eat twelve calories" posts to the bottom

Be careful what you wish for people

I don't think you understand how the rep system work. Rep system doesn't make certain popular threads a priority or be placed higher on the board. You rep USERS. So if you like me, you rep me. People will look at my posts and use the reputation as my credibility. So somebody like Sunshine, Sarauk, sidesteel or taso would be high repped becase they make useful threads. The trolls would have poor rep since they will get down repped for their trolling threads. The rep is shown clearly below their name on the posts they make so anyone can see it effortlessly if in the past they've posted meaningful posts.

ETA: This also helps mods look at the very dangerously bad repped users and see what is goign on with those users that they're so hated on MFP. This helps mods take out the problem trolls or folks who make hateful threads out before they cause too much damage
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    8191317327_5180e95d98_z.jpg
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    I read on the internet that there is no such thing as trolling...it has to be true
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    The First Amendment applies everywhere... but the MPF forums.
    Um, no. The First Amendment has absolutely no bearing on a PRIVATELY owned website. The owner of the site is free to establish any rules on what can or cannot be said on his own personal website.

The First Amendment only applies to public speech in a piblic setting, and only protects a person from criminal prosecution, it does not allow for one to say anything they like, anywhere they like, without fear of reprisal.

A job can still fire you for saying something they deem inappropriate on their property, or while you are on company time. A person can still sue you, punch you, or throw you out of their home if you make intentionally inflammatory or defamatory comments about them, they just can't have you arrested and put in jail.

Sorry, people hiding behind the Bill of Rights without understanding the actual Bill of Rights is one of my biggest pet peeves.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    ****in_622400_2325818-1_zpsce06bd5f.jpg

I give up.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Instead of complaining about the trolls, why aren't you helping people on the forums who are trying to start their babies on Shakeology but need flavor combinations that will appeal to an infant's sensitive palate?

...uh. That was a reference to a different post.

Yes, I know. Now I'm tryna find said thread cuz that's just ridiculous.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I read on the internet that there is no such this as trolling...it has to be true

Bon jour!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    8191317327_5180e95d98_z.jpg

awesome
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    image.png
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    I read on the internet that there is no such this as trolling...it has to be true

27739717_7867.jpg
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    I enjoy the trolls

arnold_trolling_gif_gkf.gif

and you can't tell me what to do

tumblr_m44hnshjNn1qhlgxlo1_500.gif
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Fq62q.gif

LOL.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member

Best Reply Ever on the Interwebz goes to......secretlobster on - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/824323-how-old-should-a-baby-be-before-i-start-him-on-shakeology
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    ...but that's how I catch the best fish!!!
This discussion has been closed.