What is your motivation of losing weight?

Options

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    To be the skinny friend, to turn heads, and to Zumba.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for myself.
    I refuse to wind up obese like my mother was, I refuse to wind up relying on a surgery to be able to lose weight.
    I want to be comfortable in my body and be proud of the fact that I did this all by myself and I am stronger than I ever thought!
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Being filmed at some gigs, wanting to be healthier in general, and lets face it, a slightly better chance at getting a girl
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Me and my personal health...my doctor got me to thinking that if I kept on the way I was going, I might not be around long enough to see my kids as adults. I desperately want that, as well as the opportunity to grow old and active with the most awesome woman in the universe. Still no guarantees obviously, but I've substantially upped my odds.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Being filmed at some gigs, wanting to be healthier in general, and lets face it, a slightly better chance at getting a girl (tho if anything my problem in that is that I'm too nice or "boring" perhaps for most women)

You can never be too nice. Maybe you're just looking at the wrong type of girl for you.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I would like to be healthy enough to live for ever. Failing that I'd like to watch my daughter grow up.

Any vanity related benefit while nice is not my motivation.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm studying abroad in England this summer and just got out of a 5.5 year relationship. I am ready to start my life over and do things for me!

Good luck and welcome to the UK. Where will you be studying.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    NOT WASTING MY LIFE IN REGRET AND WISHES.

This. Also I wanna be a MILF!
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My motivation is myself. I don't like to always feel tired at 2pm. I hate feeling a lack of energy. I hate to feel fat and unhealthy and I also hate to look at pictures of myself and believe that I am fat. So that makes me get up and work out and feel great and be happy.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    health, to set a good example for my kids, blah, blah, blah.

But really: I want to be strong enough to move the living room furniture around by myself if I decide to. I want to look good in clothes and naked. I want to have crazy stamina for crazy sex. I want to get checked out by someone who's not my husband.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My motivation? To be able to say I did it. To be able to go bikini shopping with my best friend when she visits next Thanksgiving, since we're dieting together. To be able to fit into regular clothes, and not have to spend an extra twenty dollars on something in my size in a special plus size store. To be able to share clothes with my friends. To be able to keep up with my friends physically. Just to be a regular teenager, I guess.
    also cosplay.
  • becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I want to feel confident and beautiful. That's my motivation.

Also, I work in a vascular surgery clinic, and I see first hand what happens to people who don't take care of themselves.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BEING A MOTHER F**KING SUPER HERO.....errr no F**k that! TO BE A BAD *kitten* MOTHER F**KING SUPER VILLIAN!! BOW TO ME NOW EARTH SCUM!!

<
    Realized this is 100 times funnier considering I am wearing ill fitting Christmas Attire. LMAO

HAHAHAHAHAHA Sandy Claws!!!!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Seeing my grandmother die overweight, with diabetes, her leg amputated, with a tracheotomy and alone. My children. Myself!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight I was in 9th grade. My motivation is that I wanted the teasing to stop and I wanted to prove everybody wrong!

My motivation to STAY in shape is that it's habit. I couldn't imagine not being physically able to "keep up". Plus, it's my livelihood now. Gotta practice what I preach!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My motivation for permanently releasing this ugly flab and fat off of my body and outta my mind forever is God...God (and godliness--honoring my body and my lifestyle as "The Temple of The Holy Spirit) is my motivation first, I'm my own motivation next--I'm doing this for me and my family and friends/others last. I LOVE to encourage and inspire others--It's a cool and special gift I have...HOWEVER, being overweight/sloppy looking outside and a hypocrite and lacking self-control and being a glutton and slothful really is and has been holding me back all these long years (though that's negative--it's a motivating factor for me as well)...I think hypocrisy, denial, gluttony, slothfulness/laziness is a total habit/character issues and complete YUCK that I am able to conquer DAILY, as I make my fat cry (sweat) and choose life and health, rather than denial, slothfulness, ease and gluttony--I believe I can so much be a better "witness" to God, myself and people and an encouragement/inspiration to others as they look at my life and can not only see and hear the real fabulous beauty within me--but that my outside appearance MUST and will and is matching my inside beauty, wisdom and wholeness as well.

I'm also doing this because I have "illusions of grandeur" and I believe getting RID of the excess flab/fat from off of my body and out of my mind and spirit/soul daily and shaping up/looking & feeling slim and trim and maintaining this new way of life FOREVERMORE will so inspire and give hope to so many--especially to/for older women--and people in general, that impossible doors of opportunity are going to open up to and for me in this stage of my life--that I've only DREAMED of. I can/WILL become a lifestyle/fitness coach at my age.:love: I'm believing that so many people will want to know "how did you do it, etc." that I can start a new career of sorts (don't laugh ) and experience an entire new life of helping others achieve their lifelong goals and dreams to get fit too--not just physically fit, but mentally and especially spiritually fit/more aware too--I'm just dumb enough to honestly believe this:tongue: .

BOTTOMLINE: My motivation is an entire new and fabulous lifestyle of eating, drinking, thinking, being and doing and helping and being a blessing to others lives and my own in process!

WOOT!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sure, it'd be nice to look good and fit in more nice clothes, but more important to me is feeling better. I want to have more energy, I don't want a little cold to wipe me out. I want to keep my asthma from influencing what I can do. I want to go hiking with my kids and dogs and be able to keep up. And I want to keep it that way for another 30 or 40 years. Or 50 or more, like my grandma and grandpa (both still alive).
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    Lower back injury
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Being filmed at some gigs, wanting to be healthier in general, and lets face it, a slightly better chance at getting a girl (tho if anything my problem in that is that I'm too nice or "boring" perhaps for most women)

You can never be too nice. Maybe you're just looking at the wrong type of girl for you.

Was an edit too late, but this helped me start thinking that I may be better off having a girlfriend in this shape than I am when I do get in shape. At least then I know it'll be its whats on the inside that counts not the outside after being like this since being an undergrad student (yay not being able to cook and eating fast food in a state all by myself).. 8 years of being like this, though before that it wasn't much better.
  • Oblivion13
    Options
    The kids and myself. I didnt like he way I looked in the mirror after a shower and I hated being winded and not being able to play with the kids without having to rest every 5 mins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!