Chicago Vs New York The Pizza Debate

Options

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    NY!! Preferably with pepperoni and cheese only. Though I did have an awesome veggie pizza in NYC once.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I've never been to either place. :sad:
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    New York :heart:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I also want to add that any "pizza" made with a dough that rises for less than 24 hours is not really pizza.

YES. It's all about the semi-fermented dough. Well that + super hot heat. And a good sauce. And quality cheese. And good olive oil.

okay....I guess it's a lot of things =P
  • southernmissgirl
    southernmissgirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree. Giordano's in Chicago / Rosemont is by far the best. Giordano's in Orlando, FL is not as good though.

Chicago. Love the deep dish.

I'm the same way.

Giordano's
    Best pizza in the city.
  • Megzfitlog
    Options

But that's not pizza. It's like a pie with tomato filling and cheese for icing. I can eat about once slice before I feel like I'm going to puke.

This!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm from Long Island and I've been to Chicago many times, frequented Giordano's and Gino's. I love Chicago.

But that's not pizza. It's like a pie with tomato filling and cheese for icing. I can eat about once slice before I feel like I'm going to puke.

^THIS.

I'm from NJ but live in SC now where good pizza does not exist. I think of NY-style pizza as pizza. Chicago-style pizza is INCREDIBLE, but it is something else entirely.

I don't even put them in the same category. I can crave Chicago-style pizza one day and NY-style the next, but neither would be an appropriate substitute for the other.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    What say you?
    Who has the best?

Summer/Spring - New York Thin Crust (Fold, eat and go)
    Autumn/Winter - Chicago Deep Dish (I like to use a fork and knife and dine family style)
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    NY Thin crust alllllll the way
  • mkim3138
    Options
    Chicago Deep Dish! Giordanos for sure =) love deep dish, I get soooo full, thin crust I eat it and I'm still hungry :noway:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    whats there to debate? NY wins hands down... I love chi town and everything but... NY is better when it comes to pizza
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm from Long Island and I've been to Chicago many times, frequented Giordano's and Gino's. I love Chicago.

This.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    From my photo you can guess where I'm from.

Oh, and GO BEARS!

I'm confused....your profile pic shows Rocky...who is from Philly.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    WHOA WHOA WHOA: What about St.Louis style? Thin crust all the way!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Neither! I like the Greek style pizza... ya know, the "house of pizza" style with the oily crust and cheesy goodness that you have to blot the grease off with your napkin before eating. ........ mmmmmm remind me again why I'm fat? oh yeah.. Greek pizza is one BIG reason!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    greek pizza trumps chicago and ny. if you're not from new england, you might not have had it ..
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a pizza snob, and I say Chicago hands down!

THIS! I grew up in Chicago, but where I currently live in FL there's only NY style, and it's so disappointing.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    As a reformed pizza addict....BOTH!! I love pizza. I don't care which. But I am reformed so I guess I should say NEITHER
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    greek pizza trumps chicago and ny. if you're not from new england, you might not have had it ..

I never even had NY or chicago style pizza until I was in College.. I remember looking at the pizza purveyor with disgust thinking "You call THAT pizza?"
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

I never even had NY or chicago style pizza until I was in College.. I remember looking at the pizza purveyor with disgust thinking "You call THAT pizza?"

Always from a place called Giovannis or Brothers. There's one of each in every town (nope, not chains) around here.