Chicago Vs New York The Pizza Debate

Options

Replies

• Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many Chicago pizza fans like Giordano's. It's all about the Lou Malnati's...get the butter crust with sausage and green peppers, yum!

I think you know what my answer is ;)

I love Lou Malanati's! They are my fav.....waaaaaayyyyy better than any other place I have ever been to. Oh, and they deliver to my house :/

My aunt is sending me one for Christmas. I love Denver but the pizza out here stinks. Chicago style all the way. Although, if you ever trek south to Champaign, IL, Papa Del's has deep dish that gives Giordano's a run for their money.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Chicago- especially Pequod's Pizza in Chicago. Carmelized Crust?? YUM!

I will do a burpee battle over who has the best pizza. AND IT"S CHICAGO!! TAKE THAT NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Which ever is closest to my mouth! I like both and it's nice to switch it up... :drinker:

this^^
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    DD for me !
  • bryanamb
    bryanamb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    New York City...ALL THE WAY!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I've never been to either place. :sad:

I don't want no thin crust, I want that baby PHAT!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    greek pizza trumps chicago and ny. if you're not from new england, you might not have had it ..

I never even had NY or chicago style pizza until I was in College.. I remember looking at the pizza purveyor with disgust thinking "You call THAT pizza?"

Always from a place called Giovannis or Brothers. There's one of each in every town (nope, not chains) around here.

lol, my hometown has a population of just 11,000 and FOUR Greek pizza places.... No Giovanni's... but we do have "insert your town's name here" House of Pizza.
  • Captain_RG
    Captain_RG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Dude, this isn't really even a debate. Chicago (Giordano's specifically) has the best. No contest. Best pizza, best hot dogs, etc. all Chicago.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Chicago pizza is absolutely awful.

Italian>>>>Pizza Hut/Dominos etc>New York>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chicago
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I was in NY for 4 months, and tried a lot of pizza places. I was generally disappointed I have to say...

I did try a few one from the top 10 from here http://newyork.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-slices-of-pizza/ and those were good though. But drop you at random in NYC, enter the first pizza place you see, and the results are not that great... Brooklyn is by far the best place in NY.

Never tried Chicago. But Montreal does some fine pizza, I've come to appreciate :p
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You haven't lived if you haven't tried New York pizza! My Dad owns a few NYC pizzerias so maybe I'm a little biased :tongue:

For the record Chicago pizza IS also quite good but it's messy and time consuming..nothing beats a well made delicious thin crust pizza you can fold in half and scarf down on your way to the subway IMO.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    New York......this shouldn't even be a thread.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Chicago.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i dont think i ate new york pizza but it sounds gross to me... i love old chicago pizza i LOVE deep dish...
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    New York
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Which ever one the Gambino Crime family says is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Chicago style isnt real pizza and is mediocre at best.

NY is way better.

but Chicago hot dogs are better than all.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    New York, hands down.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    NEW YORK!!!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    HeyGrandma116.jpg

\drops the mic

edited: pic swapped because I'm a dunce at resizing pics and the original was too large to fit

Did you drop over the pizza or the lady? Because the pizza looks good, but the lady is GORGEOUS! :happy: