Jealous much?

Options

Replies

• RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Meh it is one of those things. To us it is no big deal because it isn't we are just working out. However if my husband came home and had a girl text him to come to the gym. Sorry, but I would not believe it one bit. Do I think my husband will cheat on me? No, however people can do anything. I think it was how I was raised. Sort of a respect thing for your spouse. My mother never had a man over, even if it was my dads best friend, in the house if he wasn't home. Now my dads new wife always have guy friends over when he gets home from work. Is she cheating, no, but it does not make my dad happy. It is a very sticky situation and if it is upsetting the girlfriend so much I think (not being mean) you should not text anymore and if you see each other at the gym great if not then maybe next time. My best friends wife is jealous of me so I've backed off because I would feel horrible if I knew they were fighting or she was upset over me.

I know it sucks for you and very happy that your darling doesn't get upset but love does funny things to people ::sigh::
  • RavenBeauty87
    Options
    The fault here lies with him and him alone. The day you two shared numbers is the day he should have told his girlfriend about you, just as you told your man about him. I hope he fixes this so you don't lose your running partner.

True that is a good one too.... If the girlfriend is anything like me though you say "Oh sure honey that is fine" then you start thinking and plotting stories out that you know aren't happening but OMG what if they are.... I hate thinking the worst first and ya that is my problem but I forgot the guy should have told her and if she told him she had a problem then he should stop or at least come to a middle ground
  • RavenBeauty87
    Options
    Okay you either found out that she checked his text messages one of two ways:
    1) He told you about it and revealed that his girlfriend has jealousy issues. In this case, he is over-sharing relationship details with a stranger and if he didn't tell her that he's going to be meeting up with a running partner, his judgment is poor.
    2) She texted you from his phone. She is going to stab you if she sees you near her man.

You may need to call off this friendship, sorry but people with jealous partners are not worth the trouble

OMG "She is going to stab you if she sees you near her man" LMFAO not funny but ya stuff like that happens all the time.... or run you over that is popular too
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem with firends that were girls, and let's just say I learned the hard way. So Yes I would have a problem with it.
  • AZDreamgirl
    Options
    B2DC6D0D-FE32-4C49-BEFE-4AE0C5E7FE16-11653-000005A28A2B7F2C.jpg
    lmao.... ^^^^
    Lose the "Dude" this is already more drama than it's worth.
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i would have flipped some extreme ****. i wish a girl would text my bf to workout. crap like that wouldn't end well with me.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's just a running partner. Is it really worth the drama?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It's just a running partner. Is it really worth the drama?

Only if she chronicles it in the forums!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Two things here: 1) He didn't tell his girl which is a no-no. 2) His girl was snooping through his text messages which is a no-no.

I would have no problem with my husband having a female running or workout partner even if I found out after the fact. There was a woman that we used to be friends with (the reason we aren't friends with her had to do with her leeching off of society and refusing to get a job after she was laid off) who went to the gym he worked out at. They'd work out and then when they were done they'd go to Panera for coffee and breakfast for an hour or so and I was completely fine with that.

I trust my husband completely. Hell most of the time I HAVE to read his text messages or send texts for him because he can't see the phone and sometimes a mutual female friend of mine will text ME things because she knows he won't get it. Again, I trust my husband and I know that he's not going to go elsewhere to find what he already has at home.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'd be irritated too, getting a number from random gym chick and not mentioning it. Even if he wasn't HIDING you, it came off that way.

I agree. I don't start drama and I'm not the overbearing jealous type... I've never had to be and I trust my hubby completely - but I too would be irritated or bothered by it if my hubby had some other girl texting or calling him to workout together. You may not mean anything by it - maybe he doesn't either; or maybe it IS something to him. Either way, is it really worth the drama?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would ignore it- it's his problem, not yours. If it ends up that he can't run with you anymore- well, whatever. That's a shame, but I would not get in the middle of that mess for a running partner. Dogs are awesome running partners and pretty drama-free.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    it irritates me that you call your bf/husband "my darling"........just saying.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you might lose your running partner but it is not your problem. He should have told his GF about you, sounds like he didn't. The main problem is with him not his GF and not you. It's not for you to judge if "she's the jealous type" you just met him and you know nothing about their relationship. You shouldn't judge their relationship against yours either that is a very unfair (and bordering on self-righteous) thing to do.

I agree.
  • secretlobster
    Options

She keeps him locked in her basement, feeding on rats and insects
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1) Whether his girlfriend is the jealous type, or has reason to be suspicious is completely up for interpretation and really not the point - so I will leave that alone other than to say that without knowing which category she falls into, it isn't truly fair to generalize.

2.) It sounds like you didn't do anything wrong. - with the exception of exchanging phone numbers with a total stranger which could be dangerous & does sound somewhat iffy. However, if this was someone you have been running into at the gym for a while, and have developed a casual workout buddy relationship, than taking it to the next level and exchanging phone numbers to meet up and run is logical. But, from the relationship perspective, if you shared the scenario with your significant other and they were okay with the interaction and progress in the relationship, than you are in the clear.

3) Your "gym friend", however, had a couple of fouls. Agreeing to meet up with someone the next day, etc., seems more like a natural progression of working out together, rather than exchanging #'s. But if it felt natural to both of you, and neither was looking for anything else, than he should have definitely run it past his partner. If he didn't because she is the "jealous type", than that is a good reason NOT to do this type of action. It just looks shady. Not on your part, but on his.

Finally - 4th) Sounds like you have only the best of intentions, and want a running partner. My suggestion is to look for someone of the same sex and see if you can develop a friendship with them. I always did better with male friends myself so I get it, but this isn't worth the hint of drama - especially if you just met him.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    Lol! While we are on it, I think the title "jealous much" is a bit inflammatory and catty too. Sorry, I'm not usually negative but I feel bad for the GF in this particular situation. The OP seems to be reveling in the GF's insecurities by using that title.

ETA: and by using "my darling" instead of my husband (if you are indeed married) you are leaving out a very important detail. They are just dating (maybe even quite recently) and you are in a commited and legally bound relationship. So yeah of course you feel more secure.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think it was that he was making a gym date with a girl, it was that he didn't tell her about it. I'd be peeved too. You were up front and honest with your man, but shame on Dude for not doing the same for his girlfriend.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

wow.. mean to others much?? Look we found the new MFP mean girls..oh excuse me they are practically perfect in every way so they can afford to criticize and offer no help at all... wait ..what you are telling me they are NOT perfect? :noway:
  • secretlobster
    Options

wow.. mean to others much?? Look we found the new MFP mean girls..oh excuse me they are practically perfect in every way so they can afford to criticize and offer no help at all... wait ..what you are telling me they are NOT perfect? :noway:

How did I not offer any help? Did you read my first response?
    Where did I say I was perfect? Was it by implying that I don't keep a man locked in my basement feeding on insects? Because if that's wrong then baby I don't wanna be right