Jealous much?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    it irritates me that you call your bf/husband "my darling"........just saying.

She keeps him locked in her basement, feeding on rats and insects

wow.. mean to others much?? Look we found the new MFP mean girls..oh excuse me they are practically perfect in every way so they can afford to criticize and offer no help at all... wait ..what you are telling me they are NOT perfect? :noway:

How did I not offer any help? Did you read my first response?
    Where did I say I was perfect? Was it by implying that I don't keep a man locked in my basement feeding on insects?

Excuse me if you are perfect then you can make such silly statements that because she calls him her darling (which is a term of endearment last time I checked) she was keeping him locked in the basement..hummm sounds kinda mean and judgey to me...
    For every person commenting on that, there are 10 more of us going *shudder*.

It's creepy to call one's SO one's "Darling." Especially when it's capitalized and not the first word in the sentence. It just is.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    I would have totally respected her and her relationship, and I would be a bit emberessed and kind ticked that this dude didn't seem to be that open to his loves feelings, in short I would find another running partner

however my husband and I do not have dealings with the opposite sex on any other level then co workers, but I know others who do and have best friends who are the opposite sex, but my husband and I are not like that, and maybe this dudes girl isn't like that either, she has the right, but you did nothing wrong
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She only does that because, "My Precious" was already taken.

now I would have liked that!!

My boyfriend calls me babydoll...is that creepy?
    If he refers to you that way in third person when speaking to other people, especially strangers on the Internet, yes.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options

She keeps him locked in her basement, feeding on rats and insects

So, I get a bunch of crap from you for telling someone it's weird to call their boyfriend their "husband", but you get to make fun of someone for calling their boyfriend/husband "my Darling"?

Seems legit.

I wasn't making fun of her, I was irritated by it. Two different things.
  • Luvs_Pink
    Options
    Why would you go through the trouble of meeting his gf and all that if its just someone to run with at the gym?? Leave the situation alone. /endthread
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    People are really that jealous? really? that's crazy.

I always took it as a compliment when girl checked out/flirted with my man.. because im just like" yeah that's all mine, go ahead and look babe, he's comin home with me"
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    What if her "darling" doesn't mind being called "darling"? What if "boyfriend" is not enough, and "husband" is way too much? Is it the word you don't like, or the inference?

What if her 'darling' trusts her and does not mind her making male friends? What if her 'darling' has female friends? What if he makes new female friends, is he supposed to not?

What if her "darling" does not have the exact same schedule as her and he can't run with her? What if he runs with her when he can and their schedules match, but she's training for a run or a race or something?

What if she ditches this running partner, finds a girl, she's homosexual, and hits on her hard? Would it be any different?

What if that unknown "jealous" girl has nothing to worry about? Why is she jealous? Is he the cheating type? If he is, why is she still with him? Why DIDN'T he tell her? Because she would be jealous? Because she would try to run his life and tell him NO? Because he doesn't have a good, open line of communication with his GF?

I learned long ago that if someone wanted to cheat on me (or me on them) it does not take much. Even a few minutes behind some wall or bushes would be enough. I can only live MY life, not my Querida's, my son's, my ex-wife's, etc. If i don't trust you, then I am not with you. Most of my friends are women, if you are too jealous to deal with that, then I CAN'T be with you. I prefer to make female friends, I have better conversations that revolve around things that interest me. I've yet to find a guy friend that I can sit with and talk to about things I like. I don't care about the latest fight, the car I or the other person is driving, "the game" or whatever. Let's talk about Depak Chopra, religions, economics, math.... life experiences.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    She only does that because, "My Precious" was already taken.

now I would have liked that!!

My boyfriend calls me babydoll...is that creepy?
    If he refers to you that way in third person when speaking to other people, especially strangers on the Internet, yes.
    You know after thinking about this I wonder if the OP's first language is English. Maybe the OP is also not from the states where we would find this word usage somewhat odd. I actually appreciate the levity that the above posters added to this thread. I don't think it was meant to be mean, it seemed to diffuse the oddness. I rather like the idea of "my darling" being a kept man relegated to the basement (with his consent of course) and having to sing for his insect meals...honestly that would be a better story than this one.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    His girlfriend checked his phone this morning and apparently... she's the jealous type.

How did you know? Did the dude tell you this?

I'm wondering about this as well. Kind of an odd thing for a new acquaintance to be sharing. Like what's his motive? Also, maybe his gf is the "jealous type" for a reason. Could be the guy has gotten sleazy with his platonic friends in the past and she's on high alert when females text him.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    LOL at the "my darling" debate. All that crossed my mind was Zsa Zsa Gabor's character in Green Acres. :laugh:
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Oh and I should add....... that I went towards that direction (regarding looks) because I had somewhat of a similar situation and I was guilty of not being 100% innocent ...I feel very foolish /bad in retrospect (I think I liked the attention at the time), I make mistakes..... So yes, shallow people do exist and there are even shallow moments that creep up in us from time to time!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    So, I think many people have already reflected why this situation isn't necessarily the best. I'll leave it at that aside from saying aren't gym running buddy potentials a dime a dozen at the gym? Why be worried about losing this guy? Too much drama - move on.

With respect to the picture of that guy's face going around -- please be respectful. I'm sure you don't know this, but that boy actually committed suicide due to cyber bullying over his appearance. I seem to remember seeing that on the news.
  • karibrit
    Options
    The difference is your bf probably does not reference you as Babydoll when speaking or commenting to others, such as: "The other day Babydoll said to me that I to pull out the Christmas decorations", or on Facebook, "I know what you mean dude, Babydoll takes hours to get ready in the morning. Babydoll practically lives before the mirror!"

However you bf calling YOU Babydoll to you in person is not weird or odd. Most of us call our significant others a different name ( baby, honey, hunnybunny, ***** ( with love) to their faces. We rarely address them by their first names unless angry with them or trying to get their attention across a crowded room.

Now, do you see the difference?
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    THIS guy looks like my brother. My brother is a good man, with a good work ethic, strong faith, and volunteers when he's not working nights.
    tumblr_lqknilkreU1qkz5g2.jpg
    Shame on you for acting as if looks mean anything!!!!!!

Now.
    Sarah is awesome. That is undeniable. But then, my list of friends is small for a reason - awesome people only.

What I call my significant other is between us. I respect him immensely, a casual term isn't enough to encompass it. He is an amazing person: intelligent, kind, logical, generous, clever, willing to laugh - even if it's a lame joke.

Dude and I talked about it, and I asked very specific questions. He told me she went through his phone (not okay!!). He told me she's the jealous type. They've been together for 2 years.
    I asked why she wasn't working out with him, and I believe the response was that she's working or not the workout type (all our interactions have been at the gym while working out, I might've been trying to breathe, breathing is important, you know). It would have been inevitable that we would have run in to each other, we're at the gym within 15-20 minutes of each other, which is why I'd seen him multiple times.

I am absolutely not interested in anything beside a workout partner, and all the women at the gym are either cliqued up already or are interested in things I am not (weights... not for me)... or they're not as dedicated as I am. Yes, I am that crazy woman who runs for 60-90 minutes straight.

My Darling does work out with me when our schedules line up and I am beyond appreciative of the support he gives me. Our cardio preferences are different, and I am training for another half marathon. He has no desire to do that sort of thing. But when we are together, we always exercise together. In fact, we even discuss our exercise needs and plans.

Also, in my business, I have the pleasure of meeting clients in every different place, and developing trust as well as friendship. So this could potentially be a workout partner, AND a business prospect. Especially since after talking, I found out that he is going to school for something along the lines of what I do (financial planning).

I wasn't asking if anyone did anything wrong, I was asking for what another person would have done. I was already on guard yesterday when he said he didn't tell her... that lead me to reiterate (waving the large ring on my left ring finger around) that I am very happily committed to my Darling.

Side note: I really wasn't expecting this thread to blow up like this... walk away from the computer to share food with a neighbor, get my kids from school, come back and WHOA! :noway:
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    I call my husband

Sugar muffin

Dumpling pie

Honey crisp

honey pie

Sweat heart

Monkey bear

I WOULD LOVE FOR MY HUSBAND to call me Darling!!!! but he calls me Wookie )=(
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    B2DC6D0D-FE32-4C49-BEFE-4AE0C5E7FE16-11653-000005A28A2B7F2C.jpg

:laugh:
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    You obviously don't get it.

I believe the point of your thread was to ask if you did anything wrong and that is why numerous people have responded in that way.... I was pointing out that the only way you did something wrong was if you gave out your number for shallow reasons, otherwise, you have nothing to worry about. I don't have a reason to be shameful for asking if your reasons for giving out your number was because the person was attractive.... I have girl friends who would only give out their number to attractive men. If you don't want the opinion of others, don't create a thread.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Why exchange numbers at all, unless you planned on meeting places other than the gym? Why not just set up the next running meet, before you left the gym? AHH, what if you're not the running partner, but actually the snoopy girlfriend, since you never said, how you know that she was snooping through his phone.

EXACTLY!!!!!! (cue, overly dramatic orchestra music)

God, I miss my soap operas.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Why exchange numbers at all, unless you planned on meeting places other than the gym? Why not just set up the next running meet, before you left the gym? AHH, what if you're not the running partner, but actually the snoopy girlfriend, since you never said, how you know that she was snooping through his phone.

EXACTLY!!!!!! (cue, overly dramatic orchestra music)

God, I miss my soap operas.

LOL... interesting twist...
  • susuparish
    Options
    As long as she doesn't start bugging you and questioning you when you text him about running together, I wouldn't worry too much. He probably didn't think a thing of you texting, just treating you like any other running buddy. It's her insecurity that's the issue and if he knows she is like that, yes, he should have let her know.