What is your motivation of losing weight?

Options

Replies

• mikibeth
    mikibeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    To live a long healthy life. To keep up with my husband and boys.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    To be a better fire fighter first and foremost... Next long term so I can be around for my kids...
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My kids (4 months and 2) , my wonderful wife, and my fast approaching age (5 months) of 30.
  • aaflowers12
    Options
    health, my daughter.
    but it never hurts feeling better about yourself.

1 workout always makes me feel better.
    1 piece of junk food makes feel bad.
    that's all the motivation I need in the morning.

Now its become a habit to drink only water, skip fast food,
    and eat my vegetables. Only takes a week to break and change a habit :)
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    Health! Plain and simple. I am against losing weight for any vanity reason as I find it to be a sign of weakness.

Ouch! This is just annoying.... Really? The question was WHY YOU are doing it and not what you are against. Stick to your shiz and don't strike other people's nerves. I am pretty sure there is at least half of us on here who do it for "vanity reasons"

It is my opinion. Others can can disagree, but it doesn't change the way I feel. If you want to lose for vanity reason go for it. I still feel the same.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda miserable. I just want to be happy. I feel gross and ugly. I want to date and do normal 20s things. Yea. A guy with no self confidence cant be attractive at all so hopefully losing weight will help me out a bit.
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I overheard my roommates call me a "banana-fingered lesbian." I then vowed to become hotter than either of them could ever dream to be.
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    PB130028.jpg

My Motivation ^^^
    I want to be a fitter and better Rider.
    I want to play more sports, I want to do Obstacle Racing
    And I want to be a Sexy Beast.......Yeah Baby
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter. I want to be around to play with her for as long as I possibly can.
  • waistfinder
    waistfinder Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nothing else can really help with a progressively arthritic future. I don't want life to grind to a halt if I can avoid it. I must keep moving to avert long term pain.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My motivation would be to use this weight loss as a sounding board for my confidence. Having gained sixty pounds in a year I went from "Cute and chunky" to "disgusting slob". I want to feel like a normal human being, not be a slave to the food I put in my mouth, and to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I don't want to be afraid to go out in public with my boyfriend because I am so embarrassed about the way I look. I just want to live like life is a gift, not a curse.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My reason for losing weight is; I am extremely vain:blushing: ; pray for me(just kidding). I just really want to look fabulous. I was healthy all ready 58lbs ago. Years ago I had a great figure. I want it back.......Simple is that. God took his time and beautifully carved out my temple and I messed it up being slothful and undisciplined. I also want to become disciplined, balanced in every area of my life. I truly believe what's going on in the inside reflects on the outside. Before I could lose a pound and keep it off, I had to renew my mind and allow my inside to be transformed. And I really love looking good. Pretty girls turn heads, I plan to break necks....:love:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Lower back injury

I have this, too, it's a very good motivator for losing pounds!

But I have decided to add a vanity motivator for short term inspiration. I can get my skinny jeans on and zipped and buttoned again (not without some amusing hopping and squishing). Now the massive muffin top they create has to go, too!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Having a long healthy life with my husband and our future kids.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    NOT WASTING MY LIFE IN REGRET AND WISHES.

This. Also I wanna be a MILF!
  • mpenner61
    Options
    Three Reasons not in any particular order:

1. I am an adventurer (my recent adventures include riding my motorcycle 6000 miles to Alaska clear to the Arctic Ocean and back and spending 3 weeks in the Amazon Jungle many days away from anything remotely like civilization). My age and weight are conspiring to limit my future adventures. One of my immediate goals is to lose enough weight get under the weight limit to jump out of an airplane (with a parachute).

2. Finding clothes and riding gear in my size is a nuisance

3. I want to be a better example to my youngest daughter

Despite the fact that I have not taken good care of my body and that I am 51 years old, my health has been great and so that has not been a particular motivation for me. My appearance is also not a big motivator for me either, but I have accepted the fact that I am not normal in this area and many others.
  • JTx510
    JTx510 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had to lose the weight in order to enlist in the United States Marine Corps. I first step foot in the office weighing in at 215 lbs. The first thing my recruiter told me I had to do before even sitting down and talking to him was to lose weight.

I did just that. After months of training and dieting, I stepped back into the office weighing in at 154 lbs. I enlisted. I leave in January of 2013 for boot camp.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    1. Great health
    2. Confidence
    3. To be an example to others
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am totally going to hike the West Coast Trail, and since I will be carrying a huge backpack for 5 days I can't be carrying a bunch of extra weight around my middle. I have also promised my daughter to do Mother & Daughter surf camp this summer (2013).
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My motivation of losing weight is to be able to eat all the yummy food, to be fit, to look great, to be happy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!