Goal For 2013 - No Soda or Candy!!

Options
13»

Replies

• eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about that the other day i was walking!!! yes im with you!!!
  • soTERRAble
    soTERRAble Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I might have to hop on this bandwagon. Haven't had candy nor soda in 2 weeks. There's definitely temptation because there's boxes of soda in the house. I am definitely trying to stay away from that stuff.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    7 1/2 years ago I gave up soda. I went cold turkey. I went from drinking 64-80+ oz a day to none. Since then I've had no more than a couple sips like when picking up the wrong Mcdonalds cup and it tasted awefull. I had to quit that way. I don't think any other way would have worked.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Get your sweet fix from natural foods. What a great goal you have.
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a soda in years... BUT I switched to energy drinks 5 to 10 a week... then I found out I was allergic to HFCS, maltodextrin, etc .. SO I quit all of the monsters et al ....except for RBtotalzero because i thought it gave me wings... I quit that 12 wks ago... when I have candy, its dark chocolate... or candy with no HFCS.

GL! Eat more fruit and you won't crave the candy:)
  • KarenZenaida
    KarenZenaida Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a carbonated beverage in years! I know you can do this no problem!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I could do the first half! Gave up soda a month and a half ago, haven't looked back.

I'm scared to give up my candy......:embarassed:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Granada88
    Granada88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really need to do this !! Ok.... I'm in. New Year's day, it's on!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why don't you want to be happy?:angry:
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    do you really think this is normal? maybe one or the other at a time but not at the same time!:bigsmile: :sad: :sad: :cry: :sick: :devil: :frown: :noway: :grumble: :explode: :laugh: :wink: :wink:
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I thought Candy was a food group
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    better you than me :tongue:
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Good goal. I havent had either for years. I dont think ive missed out on anything
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i need to cut it out myself. i already cut candy way way down to where only time i get it i'm really stressed or at christmas (maybe 6 times a year with excetion of m & m's i love those) but soda even though i cut back on that i still need to cut down even more even cut it out
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    No problem!
    I never drink soda, I gave that up in 2010
    candy is not my thing either
    (but if you had said cake or cookies I'd be in trouble!)
  • silverlil
    silverlil Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Candy is my downfall. Count me in the group.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Same here, I was doing good until leading upto christmas. Deffinately no soda or candy for 2013.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've been quit on soda since October, and generally speaking corn syrup as much as is reasonably possible. Candy... well, I still have the occasional bits. But just occasional, I admit I'm not a real candy addict or anything so its pretty easy for me to have whole weeks where I don't have any.

Although I'd quit candy completely if I thought it was holding me back from a goal. Wouldn't think twice about it!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Not in to it.

I think I would rather make it my goal to have MORE candy and soda than 2012, but always make it fit in my goals.