Ladies, What do you look for?

Options
six1908
six1908 Posts: 99 Member
I'm trying to learn more about women. Not to be weird or strange just to help me better understand how ya'll think. I've got 6 years in Psychology and I think Freud said it best when he said, "The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"

I am asking just that. What do you look for in a potential guy? I have lost 24lbs since starting my weight loss journey, 17 since using MyFitnessPal and to be honest, I'm looking for someone, not real hard, but my confidence has definitely went up. So yeah, let's get the conversation rolling and maybe I can learn something. Thanks!! :-)

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I want candy.
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    To be held tightly. And if not then sex ;) my hubby fails at the former but makes up for it with the latter
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I love a funny guy. If a guy can make me laugh, then Im attracted right away. I like optimistic guys. I hate when men (well women too) flip out over little things - laugh it off instead. Confidence is sexy...Cockiness is not! I personally dont like sensitive guys, but I know lots of women do. Chivalry is not dead. And I want an independent man, that doesnt get intimidated by my independence. And ofcourse Id like him to share the same interests in me.

So where can I find this man?! :ohwell:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Being as honest as possible, don't try to figure out what women want then act accordingly. Be confident in who you are and be yourself. Women like all sorts, and there are many out there who like whatever you happen to be. Don't change to get a woman. Put yourself out there and find compatibility.
  • nikolglb1
    Options
    What women look for is not the same as what women want....because what men look for is not the same what they want, correct?
    I don't know why the men think the women are so much different from them. I believe we are in the time when most of the things are getting unisex. There are no more typical women's and men's jobs anymore, men are becoming willingly "stay at home moms", we are all seeing and admiring to certain extend the "metrosexual" fashion. We all know that men cry, men could be insecure, not confident, getting overwhelmed... What I want to say is: just try to learn more about your fellow men, so as to see that he is not that different from us...the same is true for the men - try to learn more about us and don't put us in a box, give us a name and a role....BECAUSE EVEN THE BEST ACTOR/ACTRESS CANNOT PLAY THE SAME ROLE INDEFINITELY...
    JUST LEARN AND ACCEPT THE WAY WE ARE....WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND IN THE BEAUTY IS IN DIVERSITY...just my 2 cents guys!
  • nikolglb1
    Options
    What women look for is not the same as what women want....because what men look for is not the same what they want, correct?
    I don't know why the men think the women are so much different from them. I believe we are in the time when most of the things are getting unisex. There are no more typical women's and men's jobs anymore, men are becoming willingly "stay at home moms", we are all seeing and admiring to certain extend the "metrosexual" fashion. We all know that men cry, men could be insecure, not confident, getting overwhelmed... What I want to say is: just try to learn more about your fellow men, so as to see that he is not that different from us...the same is true for the men - try to learn more about us and don't put us in a box, give us a name and a role....BECAUSE EVEN THE BEST ACTOR/ACTRESS CANNOT PLAY THE SAME ROLE INDEFINITELY...
    JUST LEARN AND ACCEPT THE WAY WE ARE....WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND IN THE BEAUTY IS IN DIVERSITY...just my 2 cents guys!:smile:
  • Different women want different things.

Personally, I enjoy somebody who shares my interests, makes me laugh, and I feel comfortable around (which is a big deal for me, yay social anxiety.)
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    QgJUL.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Last I checked women were individual people...and individuals tend to like what they like which may or may not reflect upon those with similar features, cultural backgrounds, hair color, height, and so on.

Sooooo.......

Maybe trying to figure out women while generalizing them is not such a good idea if you really want to get to know them.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Last I checked women were individual people...and individuals tend to like what they like which may or may not reflect upon those with similar features, cultural backgrounds, hair color, height, and so on.

Sooooo.......

Maybe trying to figure out women while generalizing them is not such a good idea if you really want to get to know them.

This.
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Personality and that ''click'' between woman and man, you know, where you can share things, have laugh, be spontaneous, talk about anything.
    And then eyes and lips. :wink:
    Body can change any time, from being healthy to fat or from being fat to healthy.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    similar interests, a cute *kitten* and weather u can get along.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It depends on the woman. Honesty is generally considered to be a good trait. Kindness, too.

Yeah. We're almost like people. :wink:
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    QgJUL.gif

I'm dying!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Obviously, it's different for everyone, but if you are looking for individual responses, then here's MY perspective. For me personally, I like that my husband puts me above all others. I am the most important person to him and he is the same to me. The most irritating thing to me is a mama's boy or some guy who is co-married to his buddies. The same goes for women, too. Women who cling to their parents and/or seem to be glued to their BFF's are the same. Friends and family are important, but they should take second place to your mate, in my opinion. :heart:
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think you'd have to ask more specific questions to get the type of answers you are looking for. Maybe pick a trait or characteristic and ask women if they like or dislike that quality in a man and why.
    I agree that each woman is different but there may at least be trends towards or away from certain qualities.
    I think most women would agree that honesty, kindness, sense of humor, confidence are attractive.
    But, you could put a woman in a room with a man with all the qualities she says she likes in a man and she still might not be attracted to him.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Man, if Freud couldn't figure it out..
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Some women are all about looks. Others don't really care. For me, there is nothing sexier than a smart man with a good sense of humor. Oh sure, the eye candy guys are nice to look at but if they start to speak and sound like illiterate buffoons it's such a massive turn off that they lose all appeal. OTOH, a decent looking guy who can discuss current events and has a sharp wit can become very appealing.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ask ten different women, you'll get ten different answers.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Confidence without arrogance