• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It was the worst 15 minutes of my life

LOL
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit is superior. I want to put grapefruit back in schools. Keep grapefruit in christmas.
    Stop forcing your beliefs on others! We don't need our kids brainwashed into liking grapefruit.

I'm not forcing grapefruit on anyone. I just think everyone needs grapfruit in their life.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The only food that will make me gag. My grandmother force fed me them in her fruit salads when I was a kidling. Now, you couldn't pay me to eat it. Seriously, a million dollars to eat a grapefruit, it ain't happenin!! :sick:
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love it.

But I can't have it. I take a statin for high cholesterol and some enzyme in the grapefruit causes the med to collect in the liver (or kidneys, I can never remember which one).

lettuce prey

I always thought it was lettuce spray??
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You folks who don't like it...are you talking about yellow grapefruit? or Red? or Pink?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Not me! Oddly, I crave it. I just hate picking at it in order to be able to eat it.
  • XxxFallenAngelxxX
    Options
    I <3 Grape fruit! Tearing up the fruit is the best :-P
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    bla grapefruit and blood oranges.

xx
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Forced to eat grapefruit as a child to help with weight loss, of course fat kid mentality kicked in and I just consumed more calories during the day.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I used to hate grapefruit… then one day, I just acquired the taste. Not sure why, as I was not trying to do so. I actually find the taste very interesting. Maybe that is why I like it so much now. Even when I hated it, I thought it was interesting. Most foods I dislike, I try to acquire a taste for… if they are quality foods that is!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit is one of only three fruits I don't like.
    The others being raspberries and pomegranate.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit is one of only three fruits I don't like.
    The others being raspberries and pomegranate.
    Fresh picked raspberries are so much different than store bought fresh or frozen raspberries. Insanely different! Sweet, rather than tart, with a flavor to die for. The store bought ones, I will get on occasion (frozen) and ad between 1 and 3 berries to a smoothie. More than that, and it is just way to tart. Kinda like lemons. I used to use .25 lemon in a citrus smoothie. Now that I use kefir and greek yogurt, the sourness of the lemon is too much for me to handle.
  • RinaElleisr
    RinaElleisr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really dont like the fruit but the juice isnt so bad :)
    Try the diet one, its less acidy.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love pink grapefruit
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit but it is a strong taste and I can understand that there are bound to be some people who dislike it. What shocked me was that when I gave a taste to my dog to "show her" that she shouldn't try to bum food, she loved it too. She turns her nose up at mushrooms and cucumber but I'm sure she'd gobble down my whole grapefruit serving if I did not guard it.
  • icjason
    icjason Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll let xkcd speak for me
    http://xkcd.com/388/
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So gross. I really do not enjoy the flavor or the smell. I think it's pretty (LOL) but that is about it!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    *Hand up* truly vile :sick:

ETA: I'm talking about yellow grapefruit, never tried any other
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mid_icky.jpg
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options