Wine...

Options
124»

Replies

• Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Okay PALS, I was kinda joking originally when I said we should have a wine club, but it seems there are a lot of wine drinkers on here (yeah)! I still relatively new to MFP, so I have no idea how to form a group and frankly have no idea what we would discuss other than our love of wine and food...(well, that's not such a bad idea I guess)

So, where do we go from here?

Okay, I'm bumping this to find out if you all are really interested in a group and how do we go about putting one together
    ??????????

Cheers, Kelly

Please add me if you do!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Add me to if you do!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Go to groups, then start a group and go from there.
  • mustdothis40
    mustdothis40 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love wine. :happy:
  • ashleylovebug1
    Options
    105060603777767069_GoQUgum2_c.jpg

LOVE this!!
    I have this! It really helps. Worth the 20 bucks
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Make a wine group and they will come. I'm in too.
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love the visual accountability on that wine glass
  • Unique_ways
    Unique_ways Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Guess I will be starving myself fridays and saturdays because I can not survive without my WINE
  • WatsonMyPlate08
    WatsonMyPlate08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love a good plum wine, or saki! Add me to wine group if someone figures it out. :)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    did someone say wine group? Yes, Please!
  • pdxddd
    pdxddd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yay ..Wine group I"m in! Love this!
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For those of you interested in learning more about wines, there is a national organization called the American Wine Society. It is a non profit group whose focus is on the wine consumer. There are chapters throughout the US that meet monthly to taste wines.

All are welcome from complete novices to professional winos. :-) You can Google the website or message me.

There is a membership fee but other than that nothing is for sale.
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Looking for other wine drinking friends...I drink when I cook, bake, watch movies, read books, play board games...so yeah, at least a few times a week ;)

same here, but since trying to diet I have tried to limit it a little... Whats your fav?
  • trchristy
    Options
    If it has a barcode and you have the MFP app on your phone, scan it. Otherwise search the database, google it, or look at the brandmaker's website.

Although beware of the barcode! One obscure red wine I bought scanned as "Heinz salad cream." WTF?

funny you should say that, the same thing happed to me but it was a different food... I was quite discouraged... LOL
  • trchristy
    Options
    Moscato is often the lowest calorie wine. Some have only 4% alcohol. If you like a drier white some of the Rhine Rieslings fall under 8% (less alcohol, fewer calories). I haven't found a red I like yet. There are some Lambrusco-types (Stella Rossa, etc.) that are sweet and spritzy but I'm looking for the low calorie meaty Bordeaux.

I have not found a red wine as of yet I like as well that is not too high in calories, I have been doing low carb. I found that Gallo white Zinfandel is no carb so I try to stick with that for the most part. Would love to find others that are low cal and low carb but I cant stomach very dry wine...
  • bdubs125
    bdubs125 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    105060603777767069_GoQUgum2_c.jpg

I WANT this glass!!! love it!

I have a wine tasting glass from a local cellar that they give you with your tasting. It's only about 4 oz but looks just like a regular glass, just in minature. I fill it to the brim and enjoy without guilt- fill to the brim in some of my other glasses is half the bottle lol
  • trchristy
    Options
    Okay PALS, I was kinda joking originally when I said we should have a wine club, but it seems there are a lot of wine drinkers on here (yeah)! I still relatively new to MFP, so I have no idea how to form a group and frankly have no idea what we would discuss other than our love of wine and food...(well, that's not such a bad idea I guess)

So, where do we go from here?

Okay, I'm bumping this to find out if you all are really interested in a group and how do we go about putting one together
    ??????????

Cheers, Kelly

Im totally in...... I would love to be able to ask a person about different wines or discuss calories, or which ones are yummy, which ones are horrible etc...add me if ya figure it out :)