Team UK - April 2010

Options

Replies

• sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Cant believe that I am looking forward to getting back to work. All this food and sweeties is not helping.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    One hell of a weekend that has just finished today. Can't believe how much I enjoyed eating and drinking crap. Nando's all the way. Ive had so much piri piri chicken its just not funny.
    Starting tomorrow its back to good old tuna baked potatoes and salads. I really am looking forward to it.

Oh and thanks for the comments Lady C. bring on the summer, the beach, the sun and the sea Its about time.
    Two months till I go to France.
  • xLissyx
    xLissyx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hellooo...hope u all had a good easter :smile:

Mine hasn't been too bad, could have been better though..went out wednesday & saturday, drank waaayyy too much but danced my *kitten* off so hopefuly i burnt most of the cals off :tongue:

I'm officialy not a fan of easter..too much chocolate around for my greedy bum to want..ahhh! I told everyone not to buy me easter eggs this yr though, everyone listened apart from my aunty who got me a huuuge box of malteasers, & i'll have to admit i ate more than i should of...the guilt :embarassed:

Then the mother decided to buy cadburys cream eggs & mini eggs to fatten me up as she thinks i've lost enough weight now, i still got another 7lbs to go though! To not eat any of these this week is going to be sooo hard as there's loads left, any ideas how i can get rid of them hehe? :devil: :smile:

Anyways, enough about me..i hope everyone has had a great weekend & lets have a good week this week & shift some pounds :flowerforyou:

Lissy x
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend! I definately did! I ate so much chocolate its ridiculous... And i loved it! ha ha! :laugh:

Im back with a vengance... im ready to take on a new challenge.. by the end of the month i would like to loose 5lbs! I think this is doable.. im really gonna kick my *kitten* into gear!

Positive outlook - broke up with Gareth, so im ready to take on the world! And i feel very good about it!

Ben "One hell of a weekend that has just finished today. Can't believe how much I enjoyed eating and drinking crap. Nando's all the way. Ive had so much piri piri chicken its just not funny. " - I second that.. lol i have LOVED :love: eating rubbish.. yeah i've felt pretty crappy and full most of the time but it was good to just "let go" and enjoy myself for a while! :laugh:

Steve - "Cant believe that I am looking forward to getting back to work. All this food and sweeties is not helping. " I second that! Amen for getting back to work and a normal routin again! :drinker:

Mimi - I have missed you! Majoyr catch up needed!! :flowerforyou:

Love Katherine x
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend! I definately did! I ate so much chocolate its ridiculous... And i loved it! ha ha! :laugh:

Im back with a vengance... im ready to take on a new challenge.. by the end of the month i would like to loose 5lbs! I think this is doable.. im really gonna kick my *kitten* into gear!

Positive outlook - broke up with Gareth, so im ready to take on the world! And i feel very good about it!

Mimi - I have missed you! Majoyr catch up needed!! :flowerforyou:

Love Katherine x

:smooched: :heart: Katherineeeeee :heart: :smooched:

I missed you too! I am 100% in on your lose 5lbs challenge - will that be you at your goal then? Wowzers I'm so proud of you! :bigsmile:

I ate not good over the weekend but not atrocious, well that was until yesterday :blushing: I did go to the gym yesterday with a hangover and work my butt off but then Gareth (how funny is it with the BF names!) took me to Ego for a meal last night, I had chicken and grapefruit salad and then sirloin steak. Omg can I just say, I have never eaten steak from a really nice restaurant before OMG :noway: delicious! But to top it all off I had far too many glasses of red wine and also yesterday...I more or less ate an entire galaxy eater egg :cry: :cry: :cry:

Which is why! I am back today with a vengeance too, especially after my awesome 2lbs last week, I don't want to be going back steps....

My personal challenge this week is from Thursday through to Sunday is to not go over my calories (I try to not do that everyday btw) but I'm going back home to Devon on Thursday and I find it really hard sticking to my 1200 in my mum's house!

Have a great day everyone!

:heart: Mimi
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    At last Easter is over.. And all the chocolate in the house has gone :happy: :laugh: :happy:

Now I have two weeks before my next break, off to Spain for a long weekend, so I would like to lose at least 4 pounds before then.

Katherine good for you girl. Now it's time to focus on you!!:flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has had a good break and we are all ready for a bit of hard work over the next few weeks to get back on track for our goals.

Later!!!!
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    Morning Everyone :happy:

I never manage to get on here at the weekend as I am always supper busy but great to see that you are all better people than I am haha :laugh:

I hope you all had a much fun as I did at Easter - got given 3 easter eggs, 1 of which I gave to my boyfriend, the other I gave to my mum, and the other I gave to my brother (minus 1 sweet out of it :)) Very proud of myself for not giving into the temptation and to just completely illuminate it by giving it away - Instead I just spent the whole of easter getting boozed at the pub (just as bad!)

Sad to be back at work though - Mimi I totally agree with where the hell the weekend went!!!

:heart: Love Tanya :flowerforyou: xxx
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sounds like you all had great weekends...if only we could have a four day weekend every week!

Sunday as feared was pretty disastrous for a number of reasons. Lunch at Dad's was great (not for the diet). Homemade bread, salami, cheese....lovely....followed by pudding AND cake. All washed down with a couple of largeish glasses of vino. When we got to Mum's she proceeded to get the bubbly out...I lost count :drinker: :blushing: :noway: For dinner we had prawns baked in cream for a starter, followed by chicken in a tarragon sauce with pasta and salad, and then fruit salad AND cake. I have to say I only got half way through the chicken as my stomach threw a wobbly and I then spent a good couple of hours in the bathroom....you do NOT want to know!!!! :ohwell: Turns out I can't take that much food anymore. A good thing I suppose, but it was learning the hard horrible way. I then proceeded to get the hangover from hell before we even got in the car to go home. I must be getting old. :noway: :laugh: I ended up eating the fruit salad and cake yesterday...you know how mum's are, they have to send you home with a load of food. I also gathered four easter eggs, and various other chocolately treats. I will have to ration these! :bigsmile:

Anyway, back on the wagon today. I don't have anything super bad to deal with until the 17th so let's hope I can lose a bit between now and then.

Katherine - glad to hear that you are ok. Here's to a fresh start. :smile:

Erika x
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    Morning Everyone :happy:

I never manage to get on here at the weekend as I am always supper busy but great to see that you are all better people than I am haha :laugh:

I hope you all had a much fun as I did at Easter - got given 3 easter eggs, 1 of which I gave to my boyfriend, the other I gave to my mum, and the other I gave to my brother (minus 1 sweet out of it :)) Very proud of myself for not giving into the temptation and to just completely illuminate it by giving it away - Instead I just spent the whole of easter getting boozed at the pub (just as bad!)

Sad to be back at work though - Mimi I totally agree with where the hell the weekend went!!!

:heart: Love Tanya :flowerforyou: xxx

Hey Tanya! :heart:

Well done on giving your eggs away, wow! I managed to give two of the three I was given away but I ate the big fat galaxy one! Oopsies!

Have a great day!

:heart: Mimi
  • paulo79
    paulo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hiya

Hope you all had a good easter. I had the kids down from Norwich with me from Wednesday night, took them back yesterday, and now feeling a bit low as miss them loads :(

Was quite good whilst they were there, did have more snacks than i normally would and had popcorn when I took them too see Nanny Mc Phee 2, which was brilliant and then pizza hut after, but we had fun so i don't care lol.

Am off to Belfast tom for work, never been to Ireland so looking forward to that staying in a right posh hotel so will go swimming and might treat myself to the spa.

Have a good week

Paul
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hiya

Hope you all had a good easter. I had the kids down from Norwich with me from Wednesday night, took them back yesterday, and now feeling a bit low as miss them loads :(

Was quite good whilst they were there, did have more snacks than i normally would and had popcorn when I took them too see Nanny Mc Phee 2, which was brilliant and then pizza hut after, but we had fun so i don't care lol.

Am off to Belfast tom for work, never been to Ireland so looking forward to that staying in a right posh hotel so will go swimming and might treat myself to the spa.

Have a good week

Paul

Paul,

Glad you had a lovely time with the Kiddos :smooched: - i want to see Nanny McPhee 2!! I loved the first one, loast count of how many times i have seen it! :laugh: Just a big Kid at heart!

Enjoy Northern Ireland - Ive been to southern Ireland a couple of times and absolutely LOVED it so im sure you will have a great time there.. everyone is soo friendly! Lucky you! :smile:

Erika,
    Sounds like a you had a great weekend.. Food sounds AMAZING "prawns baked in cream for a starter, followed by chicken in a tarragon sauce with pasta and salad, and then fruit salad AND cake" :love: :love: ! hehe.. itsnt it funny i think i ate more over easter than i did at Christmas!! :noway: :noway: lol
    3 whole easter eggs and the trimmings were consumed by my greeedy little mouth! hehe i couldn't stop myself.. litterally.. i think the eggs were calling out to me with their little chocolate voices!! :laugh:

Tanya,
    Hello girlie, hope your ok? :noway: OMG how did you resist! Im very proud of your willpower.. of which i had none!! :laugh:

Steve,
    yes indeed.. me time is on the cards! Im going to spend a few days hitting the gym hard to cancel out all the bad i did over the weekend! Im sure it will be packed tonight!! iPod in.. and ill be off!! :smile:

MIMI - I ate the big fat galaxy one! Oopsies! :heart: :heart: My fave!!!! :laugh: Yeaahh 5lb is my aim.. i've noticed my boobs are coming back and my face is getting its cheeks back - not to mention the bum!! They are all appearing again so over the next 4weeks im going to be on a serious bootcamp style regime

Love Katherine x x :heart: x x
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Goodmorning everybody

Hope you all are well, I see alot you couldn't take the temptation of chocolate.:angry:
    Oh well your all back on here on the Tuesday so i'll wont give you to much stick. Listern to me being judgemental, it's all in jest i hope u know.

I didn't eat any chocolate at all so go me, i did have a night out Saturday though but i see that as a reward for the half a stone i lost.

Anyway alot more hard work before Saturdays weigh in. hopefully back in the 150's whoop whoop

Chat laters

James
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks Katherine for the link to this thread - it is good to know there are lots of people from the UK all with the same goal, I know its going to be a great help !!

Regards

Paul :smile:
  • tanyewest
    Options
    Katherine, :heart:

I know I was very proud of my willpower, didn't even know there was any deep down haha. But I have come back into the office today and the guys in accounts have a mountain of easter eggs that they haven't eaten yet, and they look so good. Luckily they aren't mine so I can't even eat them, and to top it off the guy next to me is eating MCDONALDS!!

Anyway I have eaten my low fat low carb brown breaded ham sandwich and a banana. I have also come up with the idea of bringing it ALL my own lunch and leaving my bank card at home with only a few quid in my purse so I can't go out and spend un-necessary money on mainly food!!!

11 weeks till my holiday - SHAPE UP SHAPE UP!!

Love Tanya xxxx:flowerforyou:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Tanya- I have the same prob. I leave all my money at home now. I work next to a string of cheap nasty chinese/indian/chippy resturants which all taste fantastic. I lvie off baked potatoes and tuna now, but wish i had a proper kitchen at work.

Oh well glad the heavy weekend is over. Next thing to look forward to is my holiday and can't wait. South france in June has expected temperatures of 24-25C which is perfect for a holiday. Also they have a beach which just tops it all off. Perfect place for gaining weight n having fun!
    So until then better stick to the tuna
    Ben
  • tanyewest
    Options
    Yes I completely agree Ben,

I work in the heart of Covent Garden, just a walk away from Leicester Square, Holborn, Piccidilly, and it is FULL of shops and lush restaurants! Leaving my card at home is the best idea, I will still bring enough food for me to eat during the day without starving, but it will also help me save a great deal of money :)

Have a good evening!
    Tanya :smile:
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Long time no speak! :frown: Hope you all had a great easter in whatever you all did! :happy:

I've not had too bad an easter period. My total chocolate consumption came to one small caramel egg, and that's about it! Not been the gym for about a week now (slap on the hands for me! :laugh: ) but I weighed myself this morning and I'm still the same weight I was on Friday. Happy days!!!

I've still been active though, as I've been cleaning the house non stop and also walking to the rugby, though a 200+ mile walk to Hull yesterday was something that I wasn't even considering! lol.

Back to work tomorrow, booooooooooooooooo!!!!! :frown: Gosh, I really hate that place! Still, after today only 3 more days till the weekend and as I'm back in work, I'm back on the site properly.

Take care everyone!! :drinker:

Lee.
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!

I hope your all ok and getting back into the swing of things?!

I certainly am!! I felt soo much better this morning after 1 day of eating well and going to the gym.. i dont feel sluggish or tiered.. woopy!!! :drinker: Round 2 of the gym tonight, some yummy food and loads of sleep!!! :wink:

:bigsmile: Lee - "I've not had too bad an easter period. My total chocolate consumption came to one small caramel egg, and that's about it! Not been the gym for about a week now (slap on the hands for me! ) but I weighed myself this morning and I'm still the same weight I was on Friday. Happy days!!! " woweee, well done you! i ate waay to much chocolate this weekend so im very proud of you!

:bigsmile: Ben - " South france in June has expected temperatures of 24-25C which is perfect for a holiday" Where abouts? I miss going to France on holiday.. Going to Cyprus again this year in July!! Hot Hot Hot!! :happy: yey!!

:bigsmile: Paul - "Thanks Katherine for the link to this thread - it is good to know there are lots of people from the UK all with the same goal, I know its going to be a great help !! " Not a problem.. always here for any help, tips or just for general chit chat! Goes for everyone else here.. they are all a great team to be a part of! :heart:

:bigsmile: Tanya:smooched: - "I work in the heart of Covent Garden, just a walk away from Leicester Square, Holborn, Piccidilly, and it is FULL of shops and lush restaurants!" Can i come and work with you? Farnham isn't as fun as london.. Im a jealous bean! Ohhh and Hello on Facebook too!! :drinker: Now you cant escape me! lol!!! :heart: :heart:

Love Katherine x x :heart: x x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    thanks sweety.

Right what can i do to get you motivated?:indifferent:
    Maybe as we are two months off summer and i'm sure u have a holiday away planned. you could think of gorgeous sunshine, baking hot weather where u can show off you stunning new figure. got an image? i sure have. lol

I'll give you a txt tomoz and hopefully we can get u motivated again. Seeing as your always here for me is the least i can do. xx

I'm still very proud of you still.

James x:happy:

Hiiii James! :heart:

Thanks for the text the other day - it really did cheer me up... even tho i was sat in the Anchor!! ha ha! Not the brightest of places i have to say!!! :laugh:

Did you have a nice weekend?

Yeah a holiday has been planned indeed! Im ready for some sunshire - even if i have to wait 3 months for it! Ill be there!!! x

Katherine x x
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for such a nice welcome from some of the UK'ers on here who have already been in touch, it seems a great site.

I did introduce myself on the general introduction board yesterday, so would like to say hello properly on the UK board, and hopefully give and receive some inspiration over the coming months as I get on the road to losing 1 1/2 stone.

Three years ago, after being overweight most of my adult life, I realised I must do something to protect my future health.

In December 2006 with Christmas coming up I was just under 20 stone and knew if I didn't so something at that time I would go over 20 stone for the first time in my life as I normally put at least 1/2 stone on over a Christmas period.

I went on the Slimfast diet, at that time I didn't know what else could work for me !!!. Well, in my first month I lost 1 stone, but knew Slimfast wasn't the answer as I liked my food too much.

I searched the internet to see if I could find something to check the calories of my own cooked food, and stumbled across a site similar to this one, but not as good as this one as it cost money ( so well done to myfitnesspal for making this great site free ).

Well, I was gobsmaked to learn that my portions had been way to large, especially pasta and rice, which i always thought were healthy.

So, for the rest of 2007 I logged my food and started to exercise, religiously. I started off just walking a few times per week. In a short space of time after losing a little more weight I got my bike out again, it had been laid up in the garage for about 10 years. By the end of that year i was taking part in 60 mile charity rides.

To anyone just starting from scratch, in finding a site like this, it will be your saviour............, over that year of logging and increasing exercise I lost nearly 7 stone, and maintained the loss fully for a good six months.

Unfortunately, a couple of stressful life events over the past 12 months have caused me to go off course a little and I have regained 1 1/2 stone, hence the reason I am here, as I know this system will work.

For some inspiration to anyone else just starting, or part way through, here is my before and after pictures from a couple of years ago:-

Before - Dec 2006 ( 19st 6 lbs ):-

psmith_b41.jpg

After - Dec 2007 ( 12 st 7 lbs ):-

psmith_now2.jpg

Just glad I have got my head back into it again before i put too much back on, and look forward to being around this place and like minded people which was a great help last time.

See you around on here.

Regards

Paul