Who's Working Out on Christmas?

Options

Replies

• LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I worked out at the Y - Cardio and I am also going to take my dog for a walk for at least one hour. All in all, a good day!
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a special 12 Days of Christmas workout that I made to the 12 Days of Christmas song and then maybe a run but it's supposed to be my rest day from Insanity...but I hate taking rest days lol

I like that; sounds unique. I might have to do something like that.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Workout in the morning. Fork curls and beer lifts in the afternoon.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A foot of snow coming on Boxing Day. I'll save my workout for that, with a little cardio thrown in to boot.

On Christmas Day, however, I plan on eating about 5,000 calories and enjoying the company of family and friends. The gym can have the other 364 days.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting in a good 3 mile run on the treadmill before we go to brunch at my in-laws! We have an 11 wk old son so I'm hoping my husband can watch him while I do my quick run ;)
  • shaybuggie
    Options
    Does between-the-sheets count?

Rofl only if you're puttin' in a little work too!
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I get 3 days off!!! However, today is the only day I'm taking advanage of. I will do my usual cardio after today :)

Today I'm working on eating everything around me!!!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Does between-the-sheets count?

Rofl only if you're puttin' in a little work too!

My wife and I intend on doing Zumba's Horizontal Mamba :)
  • shaybuggie
    Options
    I'm not too concerned with what I eat; I'm not a big holiday eater. But desserts? Oh yeah, I might go to town on those!
  • blackberrypie
    Options
    I'll prolly be going for a 1-2 hour jog or maybe even go hiking with my husband to work off all the food we eat tonight! :D (We celebrate Christmas eve, and rest on Christmas day in my family.)
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do Turbo Jam after opening all presents, after relaxing a bit, and before we go to the movies.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    it may be christmas.... but its chest day as well!!
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    I'll probably hop on the treadmill, but I'll wait a little later in the day (after presents) and I'll probably only do it half as long as usual so I'll have more time with my family. I thought about taking the day off to spend more time with them, but they support me in my fitness journey and said it's OK with them if I spend some time exercising.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just went to the gym today. I had to. I don't know about tomarrow though...

That's the biggest eating day.

I guess the 25th will be a free day.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I know most people are going to take this day off, but I just got off an unplanned rest week; therefore, I will be working out. I'll still be eating not so great-- I mean, I'm not going to bake these mini cheescakes and not eat at least one. But another day of rest? No, I'm good.

Who else is going to work out like it's a "normal" day?

The gym is closed tomorrow ( Christmas Day), but I did go this morning ( Christmas Eve). Normally I take Thursday as my off day, but this week I will take Tuesday as my off day and go work out on Thursday :D

About a month after I started barbell squatting, I set a goal to squat 100lbs by Christmas Eve, even if it was just ONE rep. 13 days ago I managed to do 4 reps, and I was going to do a full set 2 days later, after my rest day. Well, on my rest day I sprained my calf muscle, so I had to take a week off compound lifts. So Friday was my first day back, and I did a full set of 8 reps. Today I went in and did 1 set of 100lb squats, then THREE sets of 110lb squats--and got picture and video of it!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Gonna do my strength session this evening and HIIT tomorrow morning. </RestWhenI'mDead>
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I will be, I do Insanity 6 days a week. No breaks, no excuses lol. That has always led me down a slipery slope of not working out and I won't let it happen this time, I'm finishing all 60 days gosh dangit! :).
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow, so shoveling the driveway will be my Christmas Workout. :)
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My workout schedule calls for a 20 minute run so I'll spend at least 20 minutes on the Treadmill.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get it in 1st thing in the morning. Hopefully I'll burn about 900 calories!