What I did in 2012 that I had never done before

Options

Replies

• ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's been a great year around here!

-ran a mile without stopping, and then..

-ran a 5k in under 33 minutes

-got into whole foods eating instead of the processed "diet" food I grew up on

-cut out wheat from my diet (personal decision- I don't advocate it for everyone but it's working great for me!)

-stopped fixating on the number on the scale and instead started to view victory as accomplishing my exercise and nutrition goals (best accomplishment of all!)

Here's to all of us taking it up a notch in 2013! :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options

How about you?

Great accomplishments! Cheers to an awesome 2012 and an even better 2013.

Firsts.. ran a bunch of 5k (even though I ran/walked regularly before), ran 2 half marathons!

Dropped almost 30 lbs! woot Woot! 2012 was the first time that I ever kept that new years resolution to lose all the weight that I gained since my kids/took an office job.

2013 will all be able improving strenght and running times for this girl :drinker:
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I accepted responsibility for my actions and developed personal accountability.

Oh, and I participated in an Easter egg hunt on a farm!
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1) I lost 70 lbs in 2012!
    2) I'm wearing a size 16 pants (I have never done in my Adult Life!)
    3) I Lost 8 Inches off my waist
    4) I signed up with a personal trainer (Never thought I would do that one, first session is on the first day of 2013)
    5) For the first time since having my official drivers license I will have a weight below 200lbs on it :)
  • javs_23
    Options
    Went to the gym on Christmas Eve!!! Normally I'd be sat on the sofa all day doing nothing!!
  • Biscuiteater1
    Options
    That's fantastic !
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    1)i lost 58 lbs this year

2) Ran a 5k

3) Squats

4) 2 hour continous Zumba session

5) Learned so much about nutrition,exercising and weight loss that i never knew

6)Getting a little confident in my appearance
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym on Christmas Eve!!! Normally I'd be sat on the sofa all day doing nothing!!

ME TOO!!!

And while I was there, I set a new PR for weighted back squats--110lbs, and I did 3 sets of 8! I have picture AND video to prove it :blushing:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    1.) Hit my pre-surgery weight goal of 249 lbs.(starting weight was 560 lbs.) and went through with my Circumferential Body Lift after losing 311 lbs. now 13 weeks Post Op and 17 lbs. removed in surgery I am ready to make plans for March and my Knee replacements.

2.) Took our first vacation to the Outer Banks (rental on the Beach) in over 20 years (my weight kept us from long car rides) had not seen the ocean since 1982.....

3.) Bought my first pair of Jeans- Levi's 559's (for my wife Xmas party- size 38 in. waist down from 78 in. waist in May of 2009).

4.) I too was at the Gym this morning and am heading back for cardio before they close at 4 today.. lol

Merry Christmas All........
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    GREAT job and awesome topic!!

-Ran a 10k and a half marathon!

-Developed some noticeable biceps "guns"

-Started teaching kickboxing

To more of the same, and better, in 2013! :drinker:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    1. Lost over 80 pounds. Never had to do that before, and still have almost 30 to go, so not sure how I feel about that one.

2. Ran over a mile (closer to 1.5 miles) without walking. Pretty sure I have never in my life done that before.

3. Lost weight without diet pills and starving myself half to death and while being mindful of nutrition as well as calories.
  • amrozes
    Options
    First, congrats on your successes in 2012. In 2012:

* I've lost over 26 pounds
    *Brought my blood sugars into tight control
    *Reduced my use of insulin by more than 1/2
    *Since September 21st, I have exercised vigorously for at least 45 minutes 4 - 5 days per week -- and ENJOYED it
    *I found ways to reduce my stress level other than eating
    I know 2013 is gonna be awesome!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    One more, and this is the most important one for continued success:

I learned not to let stumbling and falling stop me from getting back up and getting back on track.

Edit: Okay, one more. I think I finally started accepting some of my physical imperfections that won't disappear no matter how thin I get as something I can live with (what choice do I have?). I've stopped seeing myself as these imperfections instead of as a person with imperfections. Again, what choice really do I have?
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Received my certification to teach Group Power and instruct my own classes....WOW....I am so in love with fitness...thought I would never ever say that....Now I can hardly go a day without working out...

Started a Youtube Channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/thesexylovinmecook

Had a MFP Meetup with 25 plus ladies in Miami

Looked great in my skin and confident in my journey....ALL Yr long and never have I done that....
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Did a photo shoot planned for Jet Mag beauty of the week, compete in my very first NPC bikini competition, take a weekend trip to Miami to meet at least 20 MFP ladies to celebrate our journey's so far, run for 15 minutes straight without stopping and last but most importantly obtain my Associates Degree in Criminal Justice . Best Year Yet!!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ran 7 miles :) It'll hopefully be 8 miles before the year is over, but at this time last year my max was 3 :) i'm doing my first half marathon in february!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Well done with the lifestyle change, OPer!

For me:
    -being able to do front lever raises
    -plyometric pull up "jumps" eg http://youtu.be/hnaZQpeVaYY
    -nailing my lactose intolerance - full fat milk is divine!
    -deadlifting over my bodyweight
    -losing more weight than my target
    -discovering that I really can fast for extended periods without getting anywhere close to dying
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Down sixty pounds

Started running and close to finishing my goal of a 5K
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Lots here

-Lost 30 pounds from my high of 177

-Went to the gym over the entire summer

-Lost 3 inches off each of my thighs, 4-5 inches off my waist, and 4-5 inches off my hips.

-Instead of eating out every day, ate out once a week average and began to cook at home, learning recipes to cook from scratch, eating more whole foods, etc.

- Cut out high cal coffees.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of water and I went snorkeling twice, and snubaing. Take that, biggest fear.
    Went to Florida and swam with 3000 lb water mammals
    Got on my very first roller coaster...then went on 7 more <3
    Went to New York and had 'no soup for you' soup.
    Went to Hawaii and watched the sunrise while doing a back float in the ocean. Definitely can't do that here. And holy yum the fruit.
    Just started a gym routine that isn't crappy hydrolic machines for the first time ever.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!