Feeling very down today- but didn't soothe with food!

Options
2»

Replies

• glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was a a christmas party the other night and there were about 15 kids in the room opening presents. One little girl from out of state was there, nobody knew she was coming. While the kids were opening their presents she was sitting in the corner crying. I felt like crying too after that. I know how it feels to be left out like that :-/ but congrats! you didn't give in a eat :)
  • xbodyfitness
    Options
    That's not good. I hope you told him !
    But like others have said it's not all about receiving but it is nice :):)
    Glad to hear you didn't turn to food, but when you also turn to exercise that can go the wrong way too. If you keep on doing that instead of eating when upset or stressed then try and do something completely different like play with the kids or go meet a friend for coffee etc.

I'm not knocking you at all here just trying to help as I have been there for years.

Still well done on not being know as the local "she killed her Husband for not giver her a present" person LOL
  • Lizzy9
    Lizzy9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh how I know the feeling. We, as Mothers want to please our children and family. That maternal feeling we have. But, we are still human and have those normal feelings. Men do not think as we do. Call it programmed from birth - I don't know. Again, not that "presents" is what is "important", but your husband teaching your children consideration, caring and thoughtfulness at a time when they are influential makes a big difference.

You, however should be so proud of yourself. Look what you did.for yourself! How wonderful and proud you should be. I think you gave yourself the best gift anyone could have given themselves - caring about yourself.

On the other issue with hubbie, I'm not sure what "Phase" in your marriage you are in, but I do understand as my husband does the same. (He doesn't go to sleep), but he moves on with his day. Earlier in our marriage there were the little notes here and there, a single rose in my car after he cleaned it . But, 10 years later and we are in a new phase of our marriage. I can't say it's a good phase, too much complacency. Also, he works many many hours. I have to look at the pros and the cons. He's working hard for our future, he's loyal, he cares deeply for me and the children, which out weighs the cons.

Sometimes, when I'm very upset with a situation, I write him an email - since I'm unable to get the right words out verbally without crying. It also gets his attention without being diverted by seeing my emotions or putting him in an awkward defensive mode. Hopefully, some of these ideas will help. Kudos to you for caring so much about yourself. Also, feel free to friend me also, I'm here for moral support. God Bless.
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's very painful but it's ok just be yourself and move on and enjoy the rest of the day.
    It's possible he has better plans for you for later.
  • fittingimage
    Options
    Sorry to hear about not getting a present. We all l like to be valued. Then working out shows that you value yourself. Good on you. That's the headline here. Proud of you.

I'm not sure about going hog wild on Amazon, although I can relate. However, my humble suggestion is for you to find something truly special, hopefully on sale--that makes you feel treasured. it could be a cool hat or bath salts or gloves or sunglasses---why not be glam--so in the future, whenever you look at it your spirits will be raised.

You can't change your husband. You can only work on you. If he eventually comes along for the ride. groovy.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that your inconsiderate spouse hurt you, but you gave yourself a great gift by choosing to not give in to old ways of coping with food! That is wonderful!
    Congratulations on your success so far. You are an inspiration!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I say he owes you a trip to the spa for a facial, mani, pedi; why not ask for this for Christmas since he "forgot" to get you something? He could even just write a blank check with the name of your spa of choice and babysit while you go relax next weekend. Treat yourself. You deserve it......
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My husband is NOT a shopper so he never gives me anything. I am NOT saying that it is right but I have learned to cope by buying a few nice things for myself instead and my daughter wraps them. I found by expecting nothing from him I wasn't hurt and disappointed anymore....instead I concentrate on the things he does do for me. I am so proud that you didn't comfort yourself with food!!!! You are making great choices and taking care of yourself!!!!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, I know exactly how you feel, had way too many Christmas' just like that!! I am proud of you for not using food, that is WONDERFUL!! I wish I could say the same...I always used food... Stay Strong, be kind to yourself, Keep up the hard work!!!
  • pilot1960
    pilot1960 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So sorry about the gifts and the treatment, but a good response!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Sorry , Your having a bad day , But be thankful to see your kids smile today !

Some parents in NEWTOWN, Conn. didn't see that today .

8981edce06098924240f6a70670060f3.jpg

Ok so this does put it all in perspective but you know what, this is about her being upset about the way her husband is treating her, not about a gift. It is incredibly sad that those families don't have their loved ones but I don't see how comparing her story to something that awful is proving a point.
  • srob98
    srob98 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How terrible! I can imagine how much that hurt! But how wonderful that you did not turn to food for comfort! That is HUGE! So glad you could give yourself an amazing Christmas gift like that! I hope he learns to give you more love and respect.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear you had to go through that hurt on Christmas. Been there :(

I finally started buying a present for myself and filling my own stocking. It upset my kids when I had nothing to open, but they were too young to take care of it themselves. Now it's all good - things can improve, have hope :)
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh, and big congrats on working out instead of stuffing your face! That's the best present ever!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That's kinda crappy that he didn't get you anything. I'd be bummed out too. I'm glad you took that disappointment and turned it into something positive, though!

For anyone else with a husband that either hates to shop or doesn't know what to get - set up a wishlist! I have a wishlist on amazon and I can link things in from non-amazon vendors too. It takes the guesswork out of it for him and he can shop from his computer if he wants.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!