why does my mum say this *kitten* to me???

Options

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Work on getting out. Work on finding a good therapist. Then you can tell her that she can pretend that she never did have you. Leave her life for good and work on making your own life. Then when she needs help, just remind her that she didn't want you so now she doesn't have you.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Your mother may have a personality disorder. Basically, she's evil and toxic.

People with personality disorders are not automatically "evil" because of their disorders.

^ THIS.
    I have Borderline Personality Disorder myself - am I apparently evil?
    [/quote]
    I think she was saying she was evil because of the things she said, not because of personality disorders. Obviously a stranger can't diagnose your mother based on one paragraph your have provided. Your mother may be evil and not have a personality disorder. There are just some people in the world that are awful.
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have you been a good girl alll your life or you're the black sheep of the family.
    Everybody is hating ur mom and judging her, it could be she's been saying that due to how she feels, angry, caused by you. Anybody can say anything hurtful to another person even ones child when angry.
    Am not saying its right for her to say that but at least let's give her the benefit of the doubt, your brother beating you could be because he's trying to beat sense into you.
    Your story is incomplete, I think there are issues that are causing all this, as a mother I will never want to tell that to my child no matter what but then I can never tell till am in a similar situation like what exists between u and ur mom.
    It's easy for us to say the mother has a disorder or she's a bad person, don't judge cos u don't know her.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    your brother beating you could be because he's trying to beat sense into you.

No.

There is no excuse for beating someone up, save in self-defense. It's inexcusable behavior, and someone needs to intervene immediately.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My mom & I used to be this way. She goes straight for the jugular during a fight and doesn't think about the repercussions of her actions. Once the cops were called because she put hands on me because she was in such a rage. Personally, I think some people are emotionally stronger than others. Some need to blame people because the thought of it being their fault is too much for them to bare. I know that I am more emotionally sound and can take what she is throwing at me, when she could not. It makes me feel like the bigger person. Don't sink to her level.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why your mother would speak to you in that way (although she is obviously very frustrated and unhappy) and you certainly don't deserve it. Do you feel able to talk to her about this? Please don't take her comments on board. Imagine her words being given to you in a gift-wrapped box.....pass it straight back to her and refuse to accept it xxx
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options

No.

There is no excuse for beating someone up, save in self-defense. It's inexcusable behavior, and someone needs to intervene immediately.
    I totally agree with you, no excuse whatsoever but like I said one cannot conclude and even call them evil and toxic from her scanty post, something more serious is happening if you ask me.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    No one can tell you why...

Seek help and seek it now.
    I agree faster you can find help better off you will be. Plus to me that an abusive situtation.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

WTF?! So you're condoning violence and assault?! There is NO EXCUSE for violence!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I was just told that i effed up my mum's life dreams and she didn't even want me anyway.
    I am also a selfish blitch and my brother beating me up is my fault. I'm ugly, fat and worthless.

Why does she say this *kitten* to me, and what did I ever do to deserve this?

You don't deserve to have to listen to that sort of comment!

I went for years trying to figure out what I did that was so wrong - what made my Dad seem to hate me and be constantly disappointed and critical of me. I didn't do anything wrong! It HURTS though. These are the people that you expect to love and support you and to care about you.

You didn't mess up your mum's dreams - she did. She is blaming you because she doesn't have the courage to take responsibility for her own actions.

Don't let your mum's views of you change who you are as a person. x
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    If you're being assaulted, you need to call the police. No one deserves to be treated like that.

This!! Like I mentioned in my post before, I had to call the cops because my mother putting hands on me. Just because you call them doesn't mean you have to press charges. They gave me the option and I declined. I more or less wanted them there to calm her down and scare her a little bit. But if you feel like they need to, then have them hauled away.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Honey, there is NO WAY IN HELL that you deserve to be beaten up and emotionally abused in this way. Please don't believe it. If the beating up is still going on you should be calling the cops, or going to a women's shelter, or something like that. Your situation is toxic and you need to get out of it. Do you have friends you could stay with? Relatives who would support you rather than your mom? Somebody you could room with to help share the rent? Maybe you could hunt through a few papers (personal ads or housing sections) for people looking for housemates or room-mates to make the rent manageable.

I really hope you can get out soon. You deserve better than this. Here's a mom hug for you.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Get help, now.

Don't sit here and put up with it, and posting about it on the internet won't help either.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    She says it because she is hurting and taking it out on you. She can't face her own responsibilities. You need to get out as soon as you can. There is nothing you can do to fix the relationship, only yourself. No one deserves that, and if you are being hurt by your brother you need to involve the police. Obviously you mother isn't protecting you. I'm sorry you are going through such horrible things. Concentrate on getting out of your situation and on your own. Then you will need to talk to someone to help heal.

And remember there are people out there who care...there really are.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It is not right for your brother to beat you up, or anyone for that matter. I am a mother myself and could never imagine myself saying those things to my kids.

I had my first son at 16 and didn't graduate high school I have never EVER thought it was his fault. His father and I are the ones that decided to keep him and sacrifices had to be made. I took control of my life by getting GED and going to college. Here I am 35 and I still don't have a career. I am waiting to get into nursing clinicals right now. I chose how to conduct my life and none of my short comings are ever my kids fault.

I hope you get a therapist and also talk to any women's shelters to see if they can help you get out sooner. I would just rise above your mom, be the bigger person and try to limit contact, if any is needed, with her. Sometimes we have to cut abusive people out of our lives for our own sanity. I have done it with my verbally abusive brother and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself or my parents. I hope things get better for you! Please get help for yourself!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    No one can tell you why...

Seek help and seek it now.

Yeah, to you and your whole family there. Abusive mother and brother, you all need help and you need out of that situation IMO.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read any other posts, which isn't my style, just because I want to say:

READREADREAD the book "Toxic Parents" by Dr. Susan Forward. Someone actually posted about it on an MFP thread probably close to a year ago. I picked it up, even though I'm a very stubborn, "this can't help me" type of person.

It literally changed my life.

You probably won't get a wonderful, happy family filled with flowers that you'd ideally want, but this book really, really helps YOU from getting upset about it, helps YOU deal with comments like this, and can seriously help you essentially cope and defuse instances like this with your mom or brother (I've applied many of the things in the book to my sister with behavioral problems to good success).
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Nobody "deserves" this. When one person talks to another that way, it's more about the attacker than the person they are attacking. Your mom sounds like she's in a lot of pain over the way her life turned out, and you're a convenient scapegoat. On your profile, you say you're looking forward to moving out... I think that's your best plan. In the meantime, stay strong and stay true to yourself.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had to hear that. No child should EVER have to hear their parents say such hurtful things.

If it were me, I'd separate myself from this woman, and consider speaking to her in a few years. In the meantime, I'd find a counselor, and talk it out.. You'll feel better if you better your life, and chances are, she will STILL be miserable.

As a therapist, I agree.

The OPer's mother really ought to seek professional help, too.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is AWFUL that your Mom would say that to you....I say getting some professional help would be a good thing for YOU to be better!